• Furman University vs. North Greenville University

#55470  by The Jackal
 Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:10 pm
AstroDin wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:41 am
Thank you both for jumping in… I should have included you FuBear, in my original question - I was just trying to not make too much noise for you both. But I'm glad to read both of your comments.

Obviously, Thursday night we're going to see some new things from the Furman offense… exciting times ahead.
Anxious to see how it looks in real time.
apaladin liked this
 #55471  by apaladin
 Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:43 pm
AstroDin wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:41 am

Obviously, Thursday night we're going to see some new things from the Furman offense… exciting times ahead.
We all certainly hope so. Moving the ball, being able to throw the ball effectively and scoring points all would be new and nice to see. :)
 #55510  by FUBeAR
 Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:56 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:22 pm
Hmmm…woulda thought this Tweet warranted a thread of its own.
 #55529  by Harbinger
 Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:12 pm
I've been thinking about this game for a while. I think NGU is a respectable DII program but I don't think there's an upside for the Paladins. First of all, I would imagine that the general expectation is that FU will fairly well dominate. But I don't see that as a good thing because all it means is that, in this case, perhaps NGU is weak this year or that DII football no matter how good isn't going to cut it. But would a crushing victory leave us with an overestimation of ourselves? It really won't impress our opponents especially those who didn't start their seasons playing down a notch.

However, the biggest downside of all is meeting up with a very tough opponent and scraping through with a close win or becoming the FCS analogue to Michigan in the App State stunner!
 #55535  by gofurman
 Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:02 pm
Great game!

Anyone see if any O or D starters did not play this game at all? Or did all listed starters play?

Or any injuries? The announcers mentioned we couldn't "lose any more OL"? Was that just preseason stuff or what? Thank you in advance
 #55536  by DungeonRealm
 Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:38 pm
gofurman wrote:
Great game!

Anyone see if any O or D starters did not play this game at all? Or did all listed starters play?

Or any injuries? The announcers mentioned we couldn't "lose any more OL"? Was that just preseason stuff or what? Thank you in advance

Oh god and so it begins, post number 1 of 1 million this season from gofurman about injuries lol :lol:
gofurman, din23, FUBeAR liked this
 #55539  by gofurman
 Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:51 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:38 pm
gofurman wrote:
Great game!

Oh god and so it begins, post number 1 of 1 million this season from gofurman about injuries lol :lol:

you know it ! BE CONSISTENT - that's what they say ! :D :D - on the other hand it is THE determining factor in a lot of games. I still wonder about Louis Ivory... NGU "may" have lost their starting QB in a meaningless game :o

I hope that is not the case .. I hope everyone is healthy on both teams
 #55545  by The Jackal
 Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:28 pm
Starting to scan some highlights.

If you want to see a defensive line overwhelm an offensive line, this is a pretty good play.

I can just watch each individual defensive lineman just decimate his man. I think Xavier Stephens in the middle basically throws his man to the ground.

dornb liked this