• 2023 Recruiting Diamond Cha23rs

#54668  by AstroDin
 Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:17 pm
1. Caldwell Bussey DE 6-3 245, Spain Park AL
2. David Alabi DE 6-2 240, Pickerington North OH
3. AK Burrell DB 6-0 190, Dutchtown, LA
4. Raleigh Herbert ILB 6-2 225, West Forsyth, GA
5. Unknown from ATL, possibly a defensive player (MLB)
6. Brody Balliew OL 6-5 275, Calhoun, GA
Affirm liked this
 #55300  by AstroDin
 Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:23 am
1. Caldwell Bussey DE 6-3 245, Spain Park AL
2. David Alabi DE 6-2 240, Pickerington North OH
3. AK Burrell DB 6-0 190, Dutchtown, LA
4. Raleigh Herbert ILB 6-2 225, West Forsyth, GA
5. Ryan Earl OLB 6-2 225, Sharpsburg. GA
6. Brody Balliew OL 6-5 275, Calhoun, GA
Affirm liked this
 #55301  by The Jackal
 Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:40 am
AstroDin wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:20 am
Boom! Another really good pickup.
This is the other MLB/OLB I was hoping Furman would get to commit…

I believe he is from Trinity Christian, a relatively new program from south of Atlanta. Trinity Christian basically ran through the lower classifications last season (I think they were 14-0 and obliterated just about everybody). They also are pumping out D1 football recruits.
 #55305  by AllTimeFU
 Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:02 am
It looks like we're putting together a great class. I would say though, that it is hard to truly evaluate kids that are playing in low classes with little competition. I guess that's why they need to get them in the camp to see them move and what their drive is. I'm tired of seeing OL with a bunch of pancakes against way inferior 140 lb competition. Most high level OL coaches teach to stay off the ground, be of help at the second level and don't be a tripping hazard to your teammates by belly bumping on the ground.
 #55316  by The Jackal
 Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:08 am
AllTimeFU wrote:
It looks like we're putting together a great class. I would say though, that it is hard to truly evaluate kids that are playing in low classes with little competition. I guess that's why they need to get them in the camp to see them move and what their drive is. I'm tired of seeing OL with a bunch of pancakes against way inferior 140 lb competition. Most high level OL coaches teach to stay off the ground, be of help at the second level and don't be a tripping hazard to your teammates by belly bumping on the ground.

You might have a misunderstanding of smaller classifications, then.

There isn't "little competition." It's not 8 man home school football.
Affirm liked this
 #55350  by AllTimeFU
 Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:13 pm
The Jackal wrote:
AllTimeFU wrote:

I get it. I was making a general statement that I see hudl film of guys that completely outmatch their opponent on size and they are so proud of the result. I completely agree that just because your school has a smaller enrollment and you don't play 7A doesn't mean you can't play some ball and are ready for D1.
 #55355  by FUBeAR
 Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:05 pm
AllTimeFU wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:13 pm
The Jackal wrote:
AllTimeFU wrote:

I get it. I was making a general statement that I see hudl film of guys that completely outmatch their opponent on size and they are so proud of the result. I completely agree that just because your school has a smaller enrollment and you don't play 7A doesn't mean you can't play some ball and are ready for D1.
You’re not wrong.

Jackal’s just sensitive cuz he’s a former GISA/GIAA/GHSA-A/GHSA-A-Private (something like that) stalwart of the Friday night trenches.

That said…he doesn’t seem to mind pooping on the 8-man football home school kids now…does he? The Nebraska Cornhuskers have made a pretty good living over the years playing wagonloads of kids that answer to that exact description.
 #55356  by The Jackal
 Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:14 pm
Most D1 caliber players are going to be one of the better players on the field regardless of classification.

One primary difference is that in Class A, the 6'2 250 lbs defensive tackle is also the running back. :D
 #55357  by AstroDin
 Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:25 am
Didn't Devin Wynn play Class A football in Georgia?

With all the camp opportunities and recruiting starting with Junior days.
I'd say our current coaches are doing a very good job of knowing what they're looking for and who they want at all levels of High School football and are willing to look everywhere. From Texas to Florida to Georgia and beyond.
 #55358  by FUBeAR
 Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:22 am
AstroDin wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:25 am
Didn't Devin Wynn play Class A football in Georgia?
Yep - he did….as did that famous politician, Herschel Walker
AstroDin liked this
 #55393  by AllTimeFU
 Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:59 pm
It looks like a school from Coach Vaughn's hotbed of recruiting will be playing on ESPN U tonight at 9 EST. I would bet both teams have targets to become Paladins.

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:46 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.