#46663  by apaladin
 Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:50 pm
Louis Tully wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:33 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:26 pm
Louis Tully wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:01 pm
Give it up Jackal. That shit offense that sucks just scored another touchdown.
Yep, looking good against the defense ranked dead last in FCS football.
AP you sound like a miserable Clemson fan. Inside every silver lining there is a dark cloud.
Enjoying the game immensely. The offense has looked good the last 3 weeks against really bad defenses. You were acting like all the offensive woes were over. If we played ET or UTC next week how many do we score? I just want to see some production against a decent defense. Now we will have to wait until next yesr.
 #46664  by The Jackal
 Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:57 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:50 pm
Louis Tully wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:33 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:26 pm
Louis Tully wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:01 pm
Give it up Jackal. That shit offense that sucks just scored another touchdown.
Yep, looking good against the defense ranked dead last in FCS football.
AP you sound like a miserable Clemson fan. Inside every silver lining there is a dark cloud.
Enjoying the game immensely. The offense has looked good the last 3 weeks against really bad defenses. You were acting like all the offensive woes were over. If we played ET or UTC next week how many do we score? I just want to see some production against a decent defense. Now we will have to wait until next yesr.

We have a freshman QB that is getting better every week. We've found the "other than Wynn" answer at RB. The offense has stopped a lot of the read option/outside pitch stuff.

You won't believe this, but the offense is doing a lot of stuff differently than it was earlier in the year.
Ltcfitz, DeepPurple liked this
 #46665  by The Jackal
 Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:59 pm
Stat of the game to this point is Washington, Samford's all everything receiver, has 5 yards on 3 catches.
 #46666  by youwouldno
 Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:00 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:59 pm
Stat of the game to this point is Washington, Samford's all everything receiver, has 5 yards on 3 catches.

His lack of special teams impact is highly notable as well.
 #46668  by The Jackal
 Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:13 pm
Some of the modifications I'm noticing:

Miller is being more frequently used as a slot WR than an inline TE. He still does both, but he's a far more dangerous receiver than blocker.

We're frequently running with two fullbacks (Roberto + Abrams, etc.)

Not quite all the time, but we're spending a lot more time in the pistol. Instead of running east west, we're spending a lot more time north south.

The pistol isn't the under-center offense we used to run, but it's a more modernized version of it. Frequently, we're in a single back with two wing blockers, which is a new school version of old school.

We've got a lot more designed runs for the QB. Wilson just tucking the ball around the edge. He's not a big guy, but he seems to be instructed to get what he can and not take an unnecessary hit.

The coaches are calling a passing game more designed for Wilson. Nothing static, he's on the move a lot.
 #46669  by The Jackal
 Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:14 pm
Just noticed something on defense.

I don't see Blackshear. I think we're shutting down Samford's passing game with two freshman corners.
dornb liked this
 #46674  by tim
 Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:29 pm
Furman utter stupidity lets them back in the game! Rivaled only by the stupidity of the announcers!
 #46675  by HB88
 Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:30 pm
I am not sure about some of these coaching decisions. Seem to be daring Samford to come back.
 #46676  by purplehorse
 Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:31 pm
I think we got that last first down based on the replay.

4th and 2 did not get it
Onside kick did not get it
4th and half yard did not get it

I would love to see our stats for the year on 4th down and short. True we did get the TD today.
 #46677  by apaladin
 Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:31 pm
Yep failing to convert twice on third and short has turned the rout into lets hold on.
 #46678  by The Jackal
 Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:34 pm
tim wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:29 pm
Furman utter stupidity lets them back in the game! Rivaled only by the stupidity of the announcers!
I think some of the 4th down attempts are because of the opponent.

An extra 15-20 yards of field position against Samford really doesn't matter. Citadel, yes. Samford, no.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by RaleighDin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:30 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Default Avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by FurmanFan23

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.