• 2022 Commitments

#44611  by AstroDin
 Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:39 am
Furman has at least one more WR offer out there.
Jay Loper. Jay has his pick of offers.
He also just received a PWO from Alabama.
 #44697  by gofurman
 Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:58 pm
AstroDin wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:51 am
gofurman wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:32 pm
Thanks PaulC and Astro..! Appreciate the info (and look at the positivity from GF :shock: :D :D

no, I Really do appreciate the info - especially on where they had true offers from
I'm not going to read into your comment about true offers other than to say Paul and I both don't make up offers if we list them with a player. It's pretty easy to find offers now. You can search players' feeds (searching media is faster). You can do a Google search, read up on offers from a local news source, as well as search for them 24/7 and Rivals.

Example:
THere is nothing to read in... why would you think that?? way to assume the worst about people!! I thought you were 'Mr. positivity' ?? assuming there Might be something to read in to my post is quite negative...

[b] I meant it as a genuine thank you.[/b].

Granted, One issue with e-messages - I fully admit - it is hard to read tone at times.. no doubt.
Last edited by gofurman on Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 #44698  by gofurman
 Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:02 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:11 am
AstroDin wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:51 am
gofurman wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:32 pm
Thanks PaulC and Astro..! Appreciate the info (and look at the positivity from GF :shock: :D :D

no, I Really do appreciate the info - especially on where they had true offers from
I'm not going to read into your comment about true offers other than to say Paul and I both don't make up offers if we list them with a player. It's pretty easy to find offers now. You can search players' feeds (searching media is faster). You can do a Google search, read up on offers from a local news source, as well as search for them 24/7 and Rivals.

Example:

"I don’t even have to look far to find it"

WAAAAAY More than Furman football - or ANY football - is a person's character !!!!!!

I DO HAVE TO LOOK FAR for ANYONE who says 'thank you' as much as me. That is VERY VERY TELLING.
Check me on that - LOVE to see ANYONE challenge me as the person who says thank you and apologizes so much on this board...

It's easy - you won't even have to look far to find it - BECAUSE YOU WON'T ! ha
 #44720  by gofurman
 Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:31 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:04 pm
Yeah, you lost me when you called me a liar.
fair enough.. that was a little much i admit.. I will apologize - I am curious if you will for your aggressive posts.

I sincerely apologize..
. I hope to see you reply in kind ! I think you are a good man - I suspect you will reply in kind
 #45229  by AstroDin
 Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:10 am
Furman picked up an intriguing commitment after the Saturday game.

Christ School running back / slotback Bryce Sain committed to Furman. I saw him in attendance at the game and his size and stature caught my eye. Sain is 5-6 180ish. That's not a typo he's 5-6.

You might go ahead and go whatever… Sain already has over 5,000 yards rushing in his high school career. The kid can flat-out play ball. I still remember the scat-backs that Western had in the 80s that gave us fits.

Sain's camp footage whipping DBs is insane… this could be an interesting pickup and IMO the type of weapons we need to compliment some of the big receiver bodies we have now and coming in the program.

gman84 liked this
 #46327  by Paul C
 Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:32 pm
Per his Twitter feed, Dutch Fork QB Davin Patterson was at the game yesterday…something to keep an eye on
AstroDin liked this
 #46559  by AstroDin
 Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:04 am
Furman got another commit last night…
if my sleuthing is correct we got a BIG commit last night from a player with two power five offers.

One more note the 2022 committed class has some big boys.
Not sure we've put a spotlight on Caleb Lyons. Lyons is a 6-3 315 OG from Piqua Ohio.
Piqua finished the regular season undefeated and he's getting several accolades.
hypercycloid liked this
 #46896  by AstroDin
 Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:03 pm
Confirmed…

Dylan Chiedo
6-2 225 MLB
3 Star
Bartram Trail HS | Florida
Offers;
Coastal Carolina
Dartmouth
Maryland
Iowa State
East Carolina
Florida Atlantic

#46904  by AstroDin
 Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:54 am
We're in the home stretch for 2022 recruiting. It's debatable if stars and rankings mean anything related to on-the-field performance. That said all you have to do is follow Mullin's firing at Florida to understand Mullin's laissez-faire attitude towards recruiting appears to be a major reason for his downfall.

For a school like Furman to be competitive at the SoCon level and at the FCS national level, a few things have to happen. You have to recruit, sign, and develop players that fit your needs and your system, let's put them in the under-recruited bucket. Furman has a consistent history of these types of players. From Ivory to Uhaa to Roberto. Roberto had two offers Elon (LB), Furman (RB). Jace Wilson had three offers, I think a few things kept his offers low. Committing very early, and changing schools right before his senior season, and COVID.

Under CCH and staff, Furman for the third straight class is consistently picking up commitments from players that were courted by FBS schools, and not just the academies. Example Bryce Stanfield and Joshua Harris. The current 2022 class has two 3-star commits in the stable.

Transfers… let's not forget that Dominic Morris (DB) a member of the SoCon All-Freshmen Team is a transfer from Air Force.

Maybe the most overlooked aspect of Furman's recruiting in the last several years—the coaches are no longer recruiting scholarship players with the goal of moving them into another position (Quarterback to a DB, Safety to an LB, LB to DE).

If you watched Clay's last Monday football chat of the season he shared where he feels issues are related to player needs. Pass rush and coverage. Furman has to be very happy where they are with the 22 class. Next is the hard part hold on to these commitments. Furman did have one DB de-commit and then commit to FBS Kent St. Furman has two defensive back commitments, I think Furman will sign one more - to fill the 3rd DB slot. Furman has three public defensive line commitments, I believe there could be a fourth. I base this on a player-parent conversation. Furman has several wide receiver/athlete offers out there, I think this comes down to two players Furman wants. I expect these players' decisions won't happen till signing day. If you're into twitter reverse engineering you can make some interesting discoveries. All I'll say is Furman coaches are following several players in the transfer portal.
gman84 liked this
 #46911  by The Jackal
 Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:12 am
Listening to Hendrix, it sounds like he believes most of the horses are in the barn. He almost suggested that most if not all of the class will be locked in by December.

At this stage, the staff has a pretty good idea of the "prototype" players they are looking for. For instance, a kid out of this school with these sorts of grades will succeed at Furman. Or a safety with these sort of measurables is a guy we are looking for. Once you know the formula, you plug and go.

There are certain positions where if we can get a guy, we probably go get him. Defensive linemen and WRs, for instance, are pretty projectable and guys that FBS schools will try to snap up.
 #47170  by FUBeAR
 Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:25 am

Kicker from Marist HS in ATL. We ever had one of those before?
Paladin82 liked this
 #47171  by The Jackal
 Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:50 am
I tried the other day, and couldn't remember the last time Furman had an iffy situation at place kicker.

If there's one position I'm confident that we can recruit, it's that one.

Recent Topics

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Default Avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by FurmanFan23

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.