FUpaladin08 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:03 pm
Paul C wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:29 pm
apaladin wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:16 pm
Flagman wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:53 pm
It doesn't matter. Bring appropriate rain gear.
I will, Not really worried about us. Just hoping the team can show it can play in rain.
Me too. Vegas has us as a 26.5 point fave, if it was going to be sunny and dry I'd take that bet. In the rain, after last week? not so sure.
I hope it’s a monsoon and FU whips em so we can forget about this bad weather performance stuff.

I do too. 1) WIN. 2) WIN in Monsoon so I don't 'worry' over "wet balls" anymore...
apaladin, Affirm liked this
 #19158  by apaladin
 Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:38 am
For as long as I can remember I have always thought, been told, heard etc that rain is an equalizer for the underdog. Just another reason I am worried about this game. I just hope we can get by. That would set up a huge game next week in Chattanooga. Wonder how rain will effect the WC/UTC game. I would say an advantage would be to WC as UTC is just not used to playing on grass, much less wet grass. FWIW the long range forecast for Chattanooga is partly cloudy so that means we will be playing in the rain for the third straight week. :D
 #19168  by apaladin
 Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:55 am
Now it is back down to a 50% chance of scattered showers. Imagine that. Good news is the temps are supposed to be at least 10 degrees higher than last Saturday and light winds. Still have a couple of days to go so it will prolly change again. The good news is it is Clempsons homecoming so it wouldn't dare rain on their HC. :D
FU69 liked this
 #19223  by apaladin
 Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:32 pm
Not to get ahead, but more bad news! Long range forecast for next Saturday at UTC is mostly sunny. I would suggest just leaving the rain gear in your car when you get back from the whee because you will need it at UTC. :D
FU69 liked this
 #19224  by gofurman
 Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:55 pm
beat western. they just got beat by Woff by 50 (granted, they lost Adams in 1st Q). If Furman is back this is not a game we lose.

western's best showing was playing near-even vs Gardner Webb which isn't horrible. they also lost to CItadel by only 18 (about the same as us) ... But in the end they haven't won a D1 game yet.
 #19225  by gman
 Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:15 pm
apaladin wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:32 pm
Not to get ahead, but more bad news! Long range forecast for next Saturday at UTC is mostly sunny. I would suggest just leaving the rain gear in your car when you get back from the whee because you will need it at UTC. :D
Stop looking ahead so much. First it was the VMI game and now UTC. Live the moment, my friend. You will enjoy life so much more. For you, I offer one of my favorite quotes of all time, from German poet Rainer Maria Rilke.

"Have patience with everything unresolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves as if they were locked rooms or books written in a very foreign language. Don't search for the answers, which could not be given to you now, because you would not be able to live them. And the point is to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps then, someday far in the future, you will gradually, without even noticing it, live your way into the answer."

Enjoy the rest of your Friday.
din23 liked this
 #19226  by FUPlayer74
 Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:21 pm
gofurman wrote:
beat western. they just got beat by Woff by 50 (granted, they lost Adams in 1st Q). If Furman is back this is not a game we lose.

western's best showing was playing near-even vs Gardner Webb which isn't horrible. they also lost to CItadel by only 18 (about the same as us) ... But in the end they haven't won a D1 game yet.
Why not say, to enhance your self-professed positivity, "Furman is back and this is not a game we lose"?
That's what I'm talking about!
gofurman, FurmanMom60 liked this
 #19227  by gofurman
 Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:46 pm
FUPlayer74 wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:21 pm
gofurman wrote:

Why not say, to enhance your self-professed positivity, "Furman is back and this is not a game we lose"?
That's what I'm talking about!
I hear ya buddy. But for me I just don't say "this is a game we will not lose" - too much bad karma there. LOL

I am worried :D - In all honesty I didn't think we would lose to Citadel and I thought that we would beat ETSU by more than 10-15 or so. I thought Mercer and Sam were scary - y thus you WANT me to be scared and worried ! It's all in fun. But like the team - one game at a time and no such things as 'we will not lose'. Ask UGA about not losing at home to USC. And UGA IS back. top ten easily. I bet they said 'we will not lose to USC'.

Also, it's kinda like what Jackal has posted 3 times. 1st it was (from him) "If Furman is back we put CSU down". CHECK. we did. Awesome. Then it was "If Furman is back we beat (Mercer / Sam?? I can't recall what exactly he said on that one)". CHECK. we did ! Great. Then the next step was "what will we do with our newfound top ten ranking??" - Just no guarantees. Any given Saturday