• Furman at Montana

#82851  by The Jackal
 Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:25 pm
FUDude wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:14 pm
Agree, Huff was everything we could ask for in a QB last Friday night. That post he hit with them playing zero coverage was phenomenal. He held on until the last micro second to throw that ball and bam, big play by a big time player.

I got back home late last night and now see that we were stealing signs during the game and that's why they played bad, it wasn't because we are a good team. Bunch of disrespectful punks on eGriz, thank God the real fans were good people and a pleasure to be around. Never had an experience like last week for a game. Got to see and do things I never imagined on a football trip. Absolutely top notch treatment
Montana's offensive line got their fannies whipped. That was a lot of it.
 #82855  by FUDude
 Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:37 pm
Yep their offense wasn't up to the task, our dline beat them all game long like I expected, we were way to quick and it gave them fits and blew up the running lanes. They were absolutely lucky to get those 2 special teams plays, and our lapse on special teams was the difference. Straight up offense and defense there was no doubt who the better team was and who had the better QB. Even at 70% I would take Huff over their guy. If we would have been totally healthy we would have won walking away even with their special team points.
Jasper liked this
 #82856  by FUBeAR
 Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:40 pm
FUDude wrote:
Yep their offense wasn't up to the task, our dline beat them all game long like I expected, we were way to quick and it gave them fits and blew up the running lanes. They were absolutely lucky to get those 2 special teams plays, and our lapse on special teams was the difference. Straight up offense and defense there was no doubt who the better team was and who had the better QB. Even at 70% I would take Huff over their guy. If we would have been totally healthy we would have won walking away even with their special team points.
There were definitely lapses on Special Teams on those 2 plays and those lapses were definitely the difference, but, speaking as a Furman Fan with an objective eye, FUBeAR would not characterize those as "our lapses."
Jasper liked this
 #82858  by The Jackal
 Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:08 pm
FUDude wrote:
Offensively, I think we underestimated a bit of how much of a skeleton crew we had by the end of the season in the offensive backfield.

That was unfortunate, because running back may have been the deepest position on the team to start the season.
 #82879  by OldGriz
 Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:42 pm
FUDude wrote:
Did you get to meet up with any of the old alumni or guys you played with at Furman Jeff?
 #82882  by FUDude
 Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:13 pm
Thanks for asking Jeffery!

I got to Missoula on Tuesday and was picked up at the airport by a friend that lives in Lolo. 2 of my buddies from my playing days got there on Friday, met up with several people at the Hilton before the game. Tailgated with Griz friends and a moderator from you sick ass stalker site eGriz and had a blast before, during and after the game. Got home late Sunday and both of my friends arrived home safely as well, thanks for your concern

Any other questions you need answered creeper?
 #82883  by OldGriz
 Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:31 pm
FUDude wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:13 pm
Thanks for asking Jeffery!

I got to Missoula on Tuesday and was picked up at the airport by a friend that lives in Lolo. 2 of my buddies from my playing days got there on Friday, met up with several people at the Hilton before the game. Tailgated with Griz friends and a moderator from you sick ass stalker site eGriz and had a blast before, during and after the game. Got home late Sunday and both of my friends arrived home safely as well, thanks for your concern

Any other questions you need answered creeper?
Yea right. haha
 #82889  by Paul C
 Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:52 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
FUDude wrote:
There were definitely lapses on Special Teams on those 2 plays and those lapses were definitely the difference, but, speaking as a Furman Fan with an objective eye, FUBeAR would not characterize those as "our lapses."
Hold on. What are you saying officially? I don’t see what you’re talking about? Or is it going to blindside me?
 #82890  by FUDude
 Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:56 pm
Paul C wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:52 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
FUDude wrote:
Hold on. What are you saying officially? I don’t see what you’re talking about? Or is it going to blindside me?
Are you talking about the hold on the initial kickoff? I don't think that had much to do with our being out of position on kickoff coverage.
 #82901  by Choir Boy
 Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:18 pm
file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/11/01/C24D5668-3494-4BE4-8A4A-BC61322F885D/IMG_3331.MOV

Hope this shows up. Cory Stewart, former all American center from Furman….getting the boys riled up
 #82934  by FUBeAR
 Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:17 am
The Jackal wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:58 am
Count how many holds you see on this play. I see at least three.

FUBeAR sees 7 Montana Players committing blocking fouls (holding and/or blocking in the back) which very effectively neutralized 6 Furman Players, 3 Montana Players executing legal blocks (2 well, 1 OK), and 1 Montana Player with the Football.
 #82936  by FUBeAR
 Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:26 am
The Jackal wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:18 am
Other version. Sure does help when you are able to tackle the defensive guys.

From :50 - :52 on that clip, you can see all 6 of the fouls. 2 hard to see in this view, but the other 4 are blatant.

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:19 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Default Avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:51 pm

User avatar Roster Addition

by cavedweller2

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:10 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.