• Transfer QB

#8125  by Flagman
 Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:33 pm
What? No speculation about the UGA QB that plans to transfer?
MNORM liked this
 #8126  by FUBeAR
 Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:03 pm
Flagman wrote:
There should be. I heard he was seen in GVL eating lunch today...

fufanatic, Fessor liked this
 #8141  by dinhead
 Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:00 pm
Flagman wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:29 pm
I understand the desires expressed here, but what does this say to the players we recruited and are now on the team?
It says they'll have to "compete" for their starting job just like everyone else. QB shouldn't just be an inherited position which just goes to whoever is next in line. There needs to be competition at every position (especially QB) if we're going to be successful. Competition breeds success and you can't have too much depth.
 #8200  by Flagman
 Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:33 pm
I asked Clay about transfers at the football program this afternoon. He’s not going after any, nor does he expect any to come our way, but he would consider them if they contacted us.
 #8210  by FUBeAR
 Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:21 pm
Flagman wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:33 pm
I asked Clay about transfers at the football program this afternoon. He’s not going after any, nor does he expect any to come our way, but he would consider them if they contacted us.
So you’re saying that picture of Justin Fields patronizing Tommy’s may possibly not be authentic?
QCGlue, furman88 liked this
 #8217  by apaladin
 Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:24 pm
Flagman wrote:
I heard it was between Furman and Notre Dame.
 #8503  by sluggo
 Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:23 pm
Flagman wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:29 pm
I understand the desires expressed here, but what does this say to the players we recruited and are now on the team?
It says :

1. Get used to excessive whining if you ever start a game.
2. Quit the team and take a basketball scholarship like Floyd Creed did in the 80's.
3. Tim Coleman was right.
 #8516  by Paul C
 Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:30 pm
Saw on Twitter where former Myrtle Beach 3-star QB Drayton Arnold has announced his intent to transfer. He has already graduated from ODU (in 2 1/2 years with 2 degrees) but never earned any significant playing time at ODU. Bears watching....
 #8521  by The Jackal
 Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:19 pm
I guess I should also note where Rector and Noland have also committed to other schools. Those were two guys that social media suggested we may have been looking at.
 #8522  by The Jackal
 Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:21 pm
Paul C wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:30 pm
Saw on Twitter where former Myrtle Beach 3-star QB Drayton Arnold has announced his intent to transfer. He has already graduated from ODU (in 2 1/2 years with 2 degrees) but never earned any significant playing time at ODU. Bears watching....
Same high school as Evan Jumper isn't it?
 #8540  by gofurman
 Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:00 pm
Right. Some people say ‘what does taking a transfer say to the guys you recruited at that position ?’ Maybe the better question is “ What does NOT LOOKING AT TRANSFERS (and other strong options to better the team) tell the other 21 starters ???!!! “. If I am on the team and I hear we turned down Ingle Martin so as not to hurt the feelings of a QB On the roster ... well, you may have just lost me. To not take a great guy/transfer so as not to offend one player ... this to the detriment of ALL the other players and winning more games .... that would be crazy

Great players welcome competition and want their TEAM to win
 #8588  by soconjohn
 Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:24 am
Ok so I don't know what Jalen Hurts wants to do, but if he ever decided to transfer, character-wise at least, he's the type person that would fit perfectly at Furman...Character and then academics and then talent is the way it should go...We know he has two out of the three and probably all three...Having said that, I like Grainger a lot...He's only going to get better and I am not worried about the QB situation.
 #8590  by The Jackal
 Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:05 pm
soconjohn wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:24 am
Ok so I don't know what Jalen Hurts wants to do, but if he ever decided to transfer, character-wise at least, he's the type person that would fit perfectly at Furman...Character and then academics and then talent is the way it should go...We know he has two out of the three and probably all three...Having said that, I like Grainger a lot...He's only going to get better and I am not worried about the QB situation.
With the way transfer rules and grad transfers work, any of these big names are likely looking to transfer to other big programs.

I do see a lot of moving pieces on the transfer market, though. That can sometimes cause a ripple effect.
 #8855  by Davemeister
 Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:46 am
Alabama's #2 QB Jalen Hurts has entered the Transfer Portal. I think he could help us next season. 8-)