• Tennessee Tech - August 31

#74293  by AllTimeFU
 Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:11 am
Seems I recall JD in the DS interview mention new uniform that was donated for the first game. Perhaps that’s the rumored helmet or perhaps that includes new threads.
 #74294  by fupaladin01
 Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:07 am
Just noticed while looking at the roster... backup (#2?)QB Carson Jones's father played quarterback for Tennessee Tech - 1st-team all-OVC in fact. Would be cool if we can get up on them early and let CJ throw some bombs for his pop in the 2nd half.
dornb liked this
 #74297  by FUBeAR
 Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:02 pm
fupaladin01 wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:07 am
Just noticed while looking at the roster... backup (#2?)QB Carson Jones's father played quarterback for Tennessee Tech - 1st-team all-OVC in fact. Would be cool if we can get up on them early and let CJ throw some bombs for his pop in the 2nd half.
Pop Jones just might be pulling for the Golden Eagles.

FUBeAR recently learned from 92 year old Mama FUBeAR that she was pulling for the Wolfpack when FUBeAR was on the field playing against NCSU in ‘82…and she didn’t even attend there, much less play Football for them!
apaladin liked this
 #74299  by FUpaladin08
 Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:58 pm
AllTimeFU wrote:
Seems I recall JD in the DS interview mention new uniform that was donated for the first game. Perhaps that’s the rumored helmet or perhaps that includes new threads.
I took that to mean they want to use last year’s donated jersey/helmet combo again.
 #74441  by apaladin
 Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:18 pm
FUpaladin08 wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:58 pm
AllTimeFU wrote:
I took that to mean they want to use last year’s donated jersey/helmet combo again.
Probably but they did use those ugly things twice last year, the second time was against UTC. I did take it to mean there were actually new unis though.
 #74454  by FUwolfpacker
 Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:21 pm
Guessing we’re going to see the new uniforms soon. Maybe a stretch but on one of these photos, you can see Sochovka shaking hands with someone in a purple glove. Not sure why they would have that on unless it’s a uniform reveal. Seems like new unis with a nod to some type of throwback based on the caption? Not sure.

Went back and watched a little of TTU game from 2021. A good bit of that team are still starters. Toomey, Hughes, Johanning, Harris, Yates, Blackshear, and Ryan were all starting. While a lot of the names are the same, I can’t help but feel like this years team is significantly better than what we saw then. Especially the on offense. We’ll see in a week I guess! Wouldn’t mind another 3 INT day from whatever QB TTU throws out there either!
 #74456  by FUBeAR
 Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:44 pm
FUwolfpacker wrote:
Guessing we’re going to see the new uniforms soon. Maybe a stretch but on one of these photos, you can see Sochovka shaking hands with someone in a purple glove. Not sure why they would have that on unless it’s a uniform reveal. Seems like new unis with a nod to some type of throwback based on the caption? Not sure.

Went back and watched a little of TTU game from 2021. A good bit of that team are still starters. Toomey, Hughes, Johanning, Harris, Yates, Blackshear, and Ryan were all starting. While a lot of the names are the same, I can’t help but feel like this years team is significantly better than what we saw then. Especially the on offense. We’ll see in a week I guess! Wouldn’t mind another 3 INT day from whatever QB TTU throws out there either!
DEFINITELY THESE throwbacks!
 #74457  by The Jackal
 Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:04 pm
FUwolfpacker wrote:

I can't imagine Furman making major changes to the primary uniform, especially after having all the PR photos for the season done this year.

Gray alternates?
Revised black uniforms?

For half a minute I thought about purple pants, but I'm not sure Furman really ever wore purple pants.

The gray uniforms were short-lived, but I didn't hate the gray pants paired with the white road uniforms.
 #74458  by din23
 Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:33 pm
We wore purple pants on the road for at least an entire season. Maybe 1992. I seem to remember white on purple at UNC that year.
 #74459  by The Jackal
 Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:00 pm
din23 wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:33 pm
We wore purple pants on the road for at least an entire season. Maybe 1992. I seem to remember white on purple at UNC that year.

1000 points to you.

#74460  by FUBeAR
 Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:08 pm
We wore purple pants in all away ‘non-money’ games from 1978 thru the South Carolina game of 1982. After we beat the Cocks in all white, we never wore purple pants again until Coach Satterfield brought them back out in the latter years of his tenure. Not sure what year.

But that’s not it…Those faces aren’t ‘oooh, purple pants…cool’ faces. They are, “Holy ish!! We really gonna do this?” Faces. And the reference to ‘old’…gotta be the bullseye jerseys.

Y’know - that symbol actually represents a hurricane - from our Purple Hurricane days…so we can call ‘em our Climate Change Awareness Uniforms and prolly score a sweet 6 or 7 figure grant to purchase / market them.

paladinfan12 liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:19 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.