#56887  by wcugrad95
 Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:55 pm
Checking in from the team who just played Samford, all that was said above is true. WCU moved the ball pretty much at will between the 20s, but that honestly felt like the Dogs plan - do not give up a big play, then when the field shrinks stack the box and hit Davis on every opportunity. They played prevent D and then went almost like goal line and it frustrated the Cats all game long. The game was certainly closer than the final outcome, but the team with the better plan won the game. Samford looked good in their win against KSU, but I really didn't expect them to hold us to 4 FGs.

On O they seem to be capable of changing what they want to do given the opponent. They have been more balanced the first few weeks, running the ball effectively. Two weeks ago they threw it 47 times to come back against TTU. Against Western they had 30 passes and 34 rushes. Until the long TD run in the 4th quarter that broke the game open they had ~50 yards rushing. WCU has somehow gotten better up-front on D and has some serious mental mistakes letting guys run free in the back-end, and Samford took advantage of that.

Their QB is smart with the ball, and Chandler Smith was a guy our DBs seemed to lose all afternoon whenever they needed a big play. If I were Furman, I would hammer them with your two big RBs and pressure them with your defensive front. You guys are at home and I would give you the edge, with the biggest question mark being your injuries.
Bootie, dornb, apaladin and 2 others liked this
 #56892  by gofurman
 Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:30 pm
wcugrad95 wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:55 pm
Checking in from the team who just played Samford, all that was said above is true. WCU moved the ball pretty much at will between the 20s, but that honestly felt like the Dogs plan - do not give up a big play, then when the field shrinks stack the box and hit Davis on every opportunity. They played prevent D and then went almost like goal line and it frustrated the Cats all game long. The game was certainly closer than the final outcome, but the team with the better plan won the game. Samford looked good in their win against KSU, but I really didn't expect them to hold us to 4 FGs.

On O they seem to be capable of changing what they want to do given the opponent. They have been more balanced the first few weeks, running the ball effectively. Two weeks ago they threw it 47 times to come back against TTU. Against Western they had 30 passes and 34 rushes. Until the long TD run in the 4th quarter that broke the game open they had ~50 yards rushing. WCU has somehow gotten better up-front on D and has some serious mental mistakes letting guys run free in the back-end, and Samford took advantage of that.

Their QB is smart with the ball, and Chandler Smith was a guy our DBs seemed to lose all afternoon whenever they needed a big play. If I were Furman, I would hammer them with your two big RBs and pressure them with your defensive front. You guys are at home and I would give you the edge, with the biggest question mark being your injuries.
thank you! a shame we don't get more scouting at SoCon level.. much apprecited

Does seem to be an slightly difft Sammy .. more running, better D - I haven't looked much but that appears on some surface glance.
 #56893  by gofurman
 Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:35 pm
i HATE that we are playing Sammy with all these injuris - though I expect we get a guy or two back. Does Sammy have a single injuri?? Anyone know their board?
 #56897  by gofurman
 Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:57 pm
Bootie wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:42 pm
gofurman wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:35 pm
i HATE that we are playing Sammy with all these injuris - though I expect we get a guy or two back. Does Sammy have a single injuri?? Anyone know their board?
Here ya go :)

https://gprivate.com/6126s
fari enough. I used anygivensaturday bc I know a few (SUDOG) lurk and post there.

Thanks !

#56910  by DungeonRealm
 Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:26 am
Last edited by DungeonRealm on Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #56912  by FUBeAR
 Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:39 pm
Duplicate deleted
Last edited by FUBeAR on Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #56913  by FUBeAR
 Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:40 pm
Shamecocks have already moved their game to Thursday.

Think FU might want to consider same?

If so, think Sammy would agree to change or would they prefer risking having an opportunity to duck the Paladins if the game were not able to be played?

FUBeAR thinks Samford would love to avoid playing this game.
 #56915  by dornb
 Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:03 pm
I like the idea of moving the game to Thursday. I would hope that Samford would agree to that, but we won't know until they are asked. That might mess up some of the pregame vendors, food trucks, the band, etc. But maybe they could make more money at the food trucks in better weather than they would on Saturday if the weather is as bad as they are saying now.
 #56916  by apaladin
 Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:30 pm
CCH said they did not want to over-react like they did with Colgate and that ended up hurting them. IIRC a similar forecast for that game and it didn’t even rain on Saturday. It’s Tuesday, right now they are just guessing. It might rain a lot it might not. In SC’s case they prolly just want to get the SCSt game over with and out of the way. No TV involved unlike Clempson. Don’t think either SU or FU would want to change on such short notice.
 #56917  by Roundball
 Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:07 pm
palafan wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:13 pm
I really hate the weather will likely ruin one of the few home games we have.
I wouldn’t be surprised if this storm moves well east of us, giving us just light showers, or nothing. Then again, it could move right over us, dumping inches of cold rain and gusty winds. My gut tells me it’s the first scenario.

#56918  by DungeonRealm
 Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:52 pm
Last edited by DungeonRealm on Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.