#56643  by Affirm
 Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:43 am
Don’t know how our players and coaches and team compare today with those of CSU. Hopefully well enough for us to at least get a win and no injuries or controversies.
Have looked briefly at CSU results over the last 10 years plus this year. Interesting and a little scary because of several of the wins and near wins and some respectable scores against big names, as well as overtime experience including wins, as well as FCS playoff history including Bye plus victory over a SoCon, as well as impressive win streaks against a good program like Gardner-Webb.
I realize we are playing this year’s CSU team only, which has not done too well so far. But their legacy from prior seasons might encourage them today. Who knows what other intangibles they may have. I believe they will not be intimidated. Maybe alumnus US Senator Tim Scott will make an appearance at the game. Maybe Baptist CSU will be aiming to defeat and show superiority over “that formerly Baptist school in the upstate”
I hope we are ready and focused.
Go Furman!
Beat Charleston Southern University!
 #56644  by AstroDin
 Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:58 am
Not to downplay the current BUCS, but they were a different animal under Chadwell and Staggs.
NCST is the only opponent CSU has faced that has a real running game so far this season. The Wolfpack rushed 42 times for 217 yards and two touchdowns.

I expect we see a balanced attack for Furman - rush for at least 250 yards, pass for 200-250 yards. Western rushed for 183 and passed for 409. EKU put up 448 yards of offense, mostly passing the ball.
FUBeAR liked this
 #56647  by FurmAlum
 Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:03 pm
I can't find the link on the furman.com website to listen on the radio. I like to listen to Dan while watching ESPN+.

Any suggestions?
 #56654  by apaladin
 Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:39 pm
Looks like FU thought they could just run all over CSU. Gameplan is terrible. 30 total yda n the 1st quarter. Huff is way off. CSU averaging giving up 550 yds a game. We’re on pace for 120.
Sad Din liked this
 #56655  by Sad Din
 Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:44 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:39 pm
Looks like FU thought they could just run all over CSU. Gameplan is terrible. 30 total yda n the 1st quarter. Huff is way off. CSU averaging giving up 550 yds a game. We’re on pace for 120.
plain to see... even the 18 year old ESPN announcers see it.. they are stacking the box. Need to go outside. stop the up the mddle. You'd think an old OC was back calling plays
Davemeister liked this