• CCH

#19069  by AstroDin
 Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:45 pm
JT I don't owe you anything. Please don't DM me. Read into my emoji what you wish - my take - I just have to laugh some times at the pessimism. I choose to live my life as optimistically as I can. Bad things happen (and I've had my share) I learn from them and I get over it. Life is to short to worry about things I can't control.

I believe it was YOU that made the prediction that GSU wouldn't win more than 3-4 games and was not a bowl team. Now GSU and VaTech are mighty and they would kill us - this argument is immaterial nor based on any real reality. It's just being a pessimist about the state of the Furman program after a loss. That's your right to be a pessimist same as my right to be an optimist. I don't have to apologize for that nor have I ever asked you to apologize.

There are only a few of us original UFFPers who still post, makes me sad. Hopefully in the future, as Clay builds his program we get some of these folks back.

I will not let my POV ruin this forum for others - I think many of us need to think a little bit before we post. Or more people including myself will look elsewhere to share our passion for Furman athletics.
PaladinDad2020, FUwolfpacker, MNORM and 5 others liked this
 #19071  by DeepPurple
 Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:06 pm
You really cant compare scores from week to week or even stats. We got beat. Western Carolina is the only focus I know our team and coaches have on their mind. I feel confident CCH and his staff will correct what needs to be corrected. You look at Illinois beating Wisconsin, impossible? Not in the football world today. On any given day someone can beat you.
Go FU!
gman84, AstroDin liked this
 #19073  by gofurman
 Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:36 pm
AstroDin wrote:
JT I don't owe you anything. Please don't DM me. Read into my emoji what you wish - my take - I just have to laugh some times at the pessimism. I choose to live my life as optimistically as I can. Bad things happen (and I've had my share) I learn from them and I get over it. Life is to short to worry about things I can't control.

I believe it was YOU that made the prediction that GSU wouldn't win more than 3-4 games and was not a bowl team. Now GSU and VaTech are mighty and they would kill us - this argument is immaterial nor based on any real reality. It's just being a pessimist about the state of the Furman program after a loss. That's your right to be a pessimist same as my right to be an optimist. I don't have to apologize for that nor have I ever asked you to apologize.

There are only a few of us original UFFPers who still post, makes me sad. Hopefully in the future, as Clay builds his program we get some of these folks back.

I will not let my POV ruin this forum for others - I think many of us need to think a little bit before we post. Or more people including myself will look elsewhere to share our passion for Furman athletics.

Astro. All I would ask is that you at least daggum READ my post before replying. Please. You clearly did NOT. That’s not fair to ANYONE. To reply without reading my post is just poor etiquette. I would say the same thing about me if I did that

I specifically admitted it WAS ME that said GSU would not do well. And they have. I was wrong. I am man enough to admit that.

Hopefully you read this post so you see I admit my mistake YET. AGAIN. I am bad at a lot but I am big on admitting my misses. Here is what I said in my last post that you reply to. Word for word. “I just wish you could admit your mistakes and man up. I admit mine - I underestimated GSU. I did. I admit it. FYI to all - I was wrong. Astro was right on that one. kudos man. Honestly glad to see you were right on GSU !“

So there it is. Word for word. How did you read my post and wonder if it was me that said GSU wouldn’t win much? I flat-out said it was me that had stated that.

I am an optimist. A worrier. But an optimist or realist at least. Don’t call me a pessimist. That’s your politically correct glasses of 2019 affecting your view.

Here are my 7 takes of FUrman this year. Tell me if I am pessimist or realist or fair?:
- I am so glad we have CH as coach
- I think we have stumbled a bit losing OC and DC in consecutive years. That’s hurt imo It probably has to honestly as we keep having to learn slight changes which slow our timing and reactions
- we have reestablished ourselves and I love it
- the Socon is weaker than in years before and it does prop us up some as it does all Socon teams
- our OL isn’t quite as strong as I thought and we do need deception and passing a little more than I first thought (ETSU and Citadel showed this)
- our recruiting appears to be doing very well and I hope that’s right. Jumper looks good. Hope. Gilby. Abrams. Watkins. Blackshear. Time will tell
- I would rather be us than just about any other team in league as far as trajectory (not saying we win SoCon this year but overall trajectory is nice!)

I think that’s fair.

ASTRO. All I ask - this isn’t muchh at all... do you see where I admitted I missed on GSU in The FIRST POST? Post #19065...
So did you even read the first post you replied to or just reply without reading? It’s a legit question. Answer that and I’ll let you be.
For now :D

I’m waiting. That’s all I ask - one simple answer
 #19074  by FUwolfpacker
 Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:16 pm
AstroDin wrote:

This is where I am. I don't have a problem with the majority of the stuff being posted now (I'm not completely opposed to the negative stuff...that's common on a message board), but I just don't enjoy interacting with some people on here. In the past, you could avoid it to some degree and everyone just carried on cordially. That seems almost impossible now.

To try and keep things semi on topic. I'm glad we have CCH. I don't think we are as bad as we have looked in 2 of the last 3 games, and we aren't as good as we look against Samford. We're still much better than we have been. I like that.
DeepPurple, AstroDin, din23 liked this
 #19076  by MNORM
 Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:02 pm
FUwolfpacker wrote:
AstroDin wrote:

This is where I am. I don't have a problem with the majority of the stuff being posted now (I'm not completely opposed to the negative stuff...that's common on a message board), but I just don't enjoy interacting with some people on here. In the past, you could avoid it to some degree and everyone just carried on cordially. That seems almost impossible now.

To try and keep things semi on topic. I'm glad we have CCH. I don't think we are as bad as we have looked in 2 of the last 3 games, and we aren't as good as we look against Samford. We're still much better than we have been. I like that.
Some folks here need to take a deep breath.
FUwolfpacker liked this
 #19077  by gofurman
 Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:19 pm
FUwolfpacker wrote:
AstroDin wrote:

agree. 100%. good to hear from Wolfpacker. I believe he and I have a common friend (Brook) from the law firm where my wife works and he used to.

Interesting I feel oppressed by the lack of allowance for posting realism.

And the lack of response - To wit: I asked for ONE answer above. ONE. Just a “yeah. I see it now in your first post. Sorry’’. That’s just common courtesy. Funny a guy who pushes his optimism isn’t courteous. ? :roll:

I get numerous PMs where several guys agree. One guy even told me he is about to quit the board because of a guy who defends our team to much - my friend wants to critique certain groups at times but did so a long time ago and got hit w some note about how the recruit was super in HS and couldn’t miss. What does HS have to do w now? These kids are all super in HS. All of them. Some hit and some miss ... so now he mainly just PMs me

Anyway I think one of the best truly OBJECTIVE discussions on here is the one about our “ D vs option”. Several quotes from players and Jackal w great examples. Showing where we got it wrong AND right. And it allows us to learn about football (option d in this case). So we can all watch w more educated eye next time.

That’s great. Not sure how anyone could be so sensitive as to avoid knowledge - I thought that’s why we went to FUrman in first place. :). And for real knowledge you have to look at all sides. Good. Bad. Ugly. Average..

TOTALLY AGREE w above. The old adage is always true - we aren’t as bad as we think when we lose. We Aren’t as good as many thought we were when we win. +Keep that Phrase in mind when we beat western by 30+ I really did want to say that weeks ago but knew a guy or two would give me heck for even thinking we weren’t top 5 when we beat ETSU.
 #19079  by The Jackal
 Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:40 pm
FUwolfpacker wrote:
AstroDin wrote:

I am responding to this post because I haven't posted or started a thread in the last 30 seconds.
gofurman, AstroDin, Bootie and 5 others liked this
 #19080  by gofurman
 Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:57 pm
The Jackal wrote:
FUwolfpacker wrote:
AstroDin wrote:

I am responding to this post because I haven't posted or started a thread in the last 30 seconds.
me neither... lol - go to AGS there are guys with 11,000 posts. I am not. even. close. not sure why loving my team is such a bad thing. If there were more fans like all of us the stands would be full
 #19082  by apaladin
 Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:33 pm
Agree GF, appreciate your passion. We need more passionate fans besides the ones that post here.
gofurman liked this
 #19085  by gofurman
 Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:39 pm
apaladin wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:33 pm
Agree GF, appreciate your passion. We need more passionate fans besides the ones that post here.
Thanks man. You’re a good guy :D !!
 #19087  by cavedweller2
 Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:00 pm
It's a good thing some on here don't know about the real UFFP3.
gman84, Bootie, FUBeAR liked this
 #19091  by fu77fan
 Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:47 pm
Purplehorse - I think that is a great quote. I think there are some who post simply to post, but have nothing important to say!
LB1987, gofurman, din23 liked this
 #19095  by gofurman
 Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:56 pm
purplehorse wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:11 pm
One of my favorite quotes:

There is a difference between having something to say and having to say something.
i KNOW that is directed at me somewhat.. Funny thing is that I AGREE.

So you are saying I never have anything to say? I said this (my post below) and got several PMs for it having much more quality than 90% of what we get on here which is "beat Citadel" .. "I bet we go far in playoffs" or some such WORTHLESS crud. that contributes nothing - *WHY do you think that we go far in playoffs? HOW will we defend Citadel? HOW will we address the dive play? WHICH LB is struggling and why? give me something of VALUE for cryin out loud

Here is what I post:

As someone else I know said (and he is insightful) "For the first time in a long time we might be better vs FCS passing teams than FCS run teams. All you have to do is look at our scores vs Mercer and Sam (won both by 40 or whatever) .. then look at us v ETSU and Citadel (close win and loss). The whole team seems to struggle more vs physical running teams w tough D than air-raid right now. Woff thus becomes a worry. That's an interesting trend for us to watch going forward...

Specifically with the D vs Citadel (again, O was much more the issue) but from sources:
" There is a definite issue with getting all of our safeties into checks fast enough. If we do that against Wofford we might be in trouble. The Safeties are perhaps a yard too deep and then aren't reacting quick enough ( It is Vaughns first time vs option - maybe we just need to simplify the scheme? ). It appeared there was far too much thinking going on. It was certainly different than what Staggs would do with them in terms of safety depth. But I note it would be unfair to be overly critical of the D they have played well. O let us down and everyone has bad days.. The D does need to be a little tougher / physical '

" Safeties are run fitting 8 plus yards down field. Cant have safeties start the play that deep or the option team is ahead before you hike the ball

So my posts address an issue. Jackal does likewise. FUBeAR does too. (Granted, they do a MUCH better job than me) .. but I do sometimes. show me others that do as much?

Ill tell you I am about to post about upcoming games that could help our ranking.. that's of value and I don't see anyone else posting that.
 #19097  by FUBeAR
 Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:02 pm
The Jackal wrote:
FUwolfpacker wrote:
AstroDin wrote:

Slacker!