#18291  by fufanatic
 Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:04 am
gofurman wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:44 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:04 pm
FU3 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:44 am
I am pretty sure Bell will be playing the 4 games allowed under Red Shirt rules.He was available if needed last Saturday and fortunately wasn't vaguely needed. I believe he is going to be a special player when his number is called.
I doubt he'd be in uniform and on the travel squad if there was no chance he'd be playing.

I expect the coaching staff has a plan for how they want to use him this season.
agree - nothing private here at all. The team tweeted publicly that he dressed and traveled for the first time this year at Sam and I am glad to see he is available. With that information I bet it's more like 80%+ he does play for at least the 4 games and then we will see
Thanks for pointing out the tweet. Completely missed that over the weekend, thus why I said what I said earlier in this thread. Since I don't think an injury was ever mentioned, we can only assume it was something internal. But glad he's back out there. I agree it makes little sense to pull his redshirt now, unless he's a starter. But my guess is if he was a starter, he would have played at Samford and in every game the remainder of the year and forgone the redshirt. If he's more of a backup WR and a starting return guy like last year, maybe you get him a couple games of action to get his feet wet in the regular season, and then hope there are multiple playoff games where he can finish off his four games without losing a year. Do you throw him into the fire at UTC and at Wofford or ease him in against Western and Point where he can get a lot of playing time? Will be interesting to follow along.
gofurman liked this
 #18304  by gofurman
 Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:21 pm
affirm wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:48 am
FurmAlum wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:46 pm
It would be neat if the 4 games Bell played were 4 playoff games.
Even neater if the first of the 4 is December 7, 2019.
Hoping for a Bye on November 30. (I realize we have our work cut out to receive just a Bid, and much more so a Bye.)
So it would be even neater if the 4 games Bell played were:
December 7
December 14
December 21
January 11.
With all due respect to the "no jinx !!!" statement in #18258 by gofurman Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:13 pm.
I am not even counting on even being in the playoffs, much less getting a Bye, and much less getting to the championship game.
I knew Affirm was a good man !!!