• 2024 Recruiting

#83299  by gofurman
 Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:23 am
Paul C wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:43 pm
Every Freshman is given the opportunity to win the starting job, at whatever position. Very very few ever do.

Sluka for year, then a more developed Carson Jones for 2 years, then this Hedden kid for a couple years.
THIS. Felton future several year pro even took until mid year to win his spot if I recall.
 #83300  by gofurman
 Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:24 am
FUwolfpacker wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:18 am
Am I the last one to know that Furman's Will Bouton has a son, William Bouton, that is an all-region LB? I can't find anything about him or any offers on social media. Hope we at least offer a PWO to him if he doesn't any scholarship offers! I'll try to do a end of season round up on the commits at some point. A lot of all-region honors for the current commits.

Also, the portal is already nuts, but next Monday is going to be bonkers. I have no idea if Furman will have anyone go in early if they win this weekend, but with all the movement that is likely to start happening, don't be surprised if some of our commits end up getting some new offers. The portal opening up 2 weeks before December signing day makes the next couple of weeks pretty crazy. Hope we can get to signing day without losing anyone!
We are all getting old. Lol. Or I am at least :D
 #83306  by FUwolfpacker
 Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:28 am
Updating the commit list as we are almost a week away from the December signing period.

QB Terry “Trey” Hedden
RB Gavin Hall
WR Devin Hester Jr
WR Santino Varvel
TE Jackson Pryor
OL Steven O’Dell
OL Noah Akinsola
OL Chase Gregorek
DL Jalin Edwards
DL Malaki Dobbins
DT Bruce Knauber
DB Berdendrick “Den” Johnson
DB Jordan Miller
DB Fredrick Logan
DB Max Eubanks
 #83307  by AstroDin
 Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:22 am
^^^ beep, beep!
The signing period starts tomorrow morning!
 #83308  by FUwolfpacker
 Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:55 am
AstroDin wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:22 am
^^^ beep, beep!
The signing period starts tomorrow morning!
Moment of honesty, I have lost complete track of my days. Apparently I thought today was the 12th in my head. :shock:

Happy Signing Day Eve Astro and to all that celebrate! :lol:
AstroDin liked this
 #83332  by Davemeister
 Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:02 pm
I'll celebrate AFTER the hay is in the barn. Hope they all turn out to be swingin' johnsons.
gofurman liked this
 #83340  by FUwolfpacker
 Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:57 pm
Most people probably wouldn't even notice, but just a heads up that I think it's a very real possibility that Jalin Edwards is going to flip from Furman to North Alabama. Signs are certainly all there.

Jackal and I were talking about it. I can't remember a time where I've been following the recruiting where we've had a commit flip on signing day. Edwards is from northern Alabama though, so if it happens it could make sense if it's because he wanted to be closer to home. I will be nice and refrain from any further comment about weighing pros/cons versus the two schools.
 #83344  by gofurman
 Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:26 pm
FUwolfpacker wrote:
Most people probably wouldn't even notice, but just a heads up that I think it's a very real possibility that Jalin Edwards is going to flip from Furman to North Alabama. Signs are certainly all there.

Jackal and I were talking about it. I can't remember a time where I've been following the recruiting where we've had a commit flip on signing day. Edwards is from northern Alabama though, so if it happens it could make sense if it's because he wanted to be closer to home. I will be nice and refrain from any further comment about weighing pros/cons versus the two schools.
was he one that we were particularly excited about?
 #83345  by FUBeAR
 Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:27 pm
FUwolfpacker wrote:

Pro - Muscle Shoals has got The Swampers. And they’ve been known to pick a song or two.
Last edited by FUBeAR on Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Davemeister liked this
 #83346  by gofurman
 Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:27 pm
Davemeister wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:02 pm
I'll celebrate AFTER the hay is in the barn. Hope they all turn out to be swingin' johnsons.
THIS - see my question above. I'll be happy when they are actulally SIGNED officially
 #83347  by FUwolfpacker
 Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:37 pm
gofurman wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:26 pm
was he one that we were particularly excited about?
I mean, I'm generally excited about all Furman commits, so that's hard to answer.

I don't know for sure it's definitely going to happen. Just made a tweet that he had big news coming and all the likes are from UNA coaches/players...so...read into that what you will.

IF it happens, it's just tough to lose a guy that's been committed for 4 months and lose on the last day. Doesn't give you time to look for a new guy for the early signing period. We'll see. This may all be for nothing. Just don't have a great feeling about it.

Will be happy to be wrong for sure!
 #83348  by Afurmanfan
 Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:43 pm
Opens up a spot for a possible transfer and I think we were very tight on having a spot previously.
 #83349  by AstroDin
 Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:59 pm
A lot to be excited about in this class- I wouldn’t try reading anything into Edwards not signing today- patience Grasshopper.

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:19 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Default Avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:51 pm

User avatar Roster Addition

by cavedweller2

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:10 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.