• Furman at Montana

#82361  by greenheadMT
 Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:15 am
Give me a break guys. If the Montana QB had said the exact same thing word for word about Furman, everyone here would have reacted differently? It’s a minor comment taken out of context sure, but it would generate some conversation and social media posts from every passionate fan base in America before a big game.
 #82362  by FUBeAR
 Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:22 am
Soft as the warm inside of a freshly killed possum belly - the whole lot of ‘em
FUDude liked this
 #82363  by FUBeAR
 Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:25 am
gofurman wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:43 am
That article hurts some…

They have a “zoo crew”. With a leader. They are giving 3000 student tickets for free because some kids might not come for the $5. Man, we couldn’t pay some of our kids to come to football. I really wish our guys got more support. And - b3ore anyone says anything -I came to almost all games before past year or so. Even went to GSU playoff win (shh.. I still have the game ball from the last play at GSU in 2001) etc
M-PMTNNT
 #82364  by Roundball
 Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:25 am
greenheadMT wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:15 am
Give me a break guys. If the Montana QB had said the exact same thing word for word about Furman, everyone here would have reacted differently? It’s a minor comment taken out of context sure, but it would generate some conversation and social media posts from every passionate fan base in America before a big game.
Nah. Even our own coach admits we are not as athletic as most of the teams we face. It is called reality. But, the reaction from the Montana fans has made tonight's game even more fun to watch. We need to be grateful and enjoy the moment. It's two good FCS teams facing off in a battle to extend the season. How much better can college football get? Let the game begin. Go Paladins!
 #82366  by greenheadMT
 Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:33 am
I think you guys are lying to yourselves. You know it’s not the same if you say it about yourself or your team. I can promise with 100% certainty that the same comment from the Montana QB would’ve generated the same reaction amongst some fans.

Which is fine. I don’t care that he said it. I don’t care about the (honestly pretty muted) reaction from fans. We need something to fill the next 11.5 hours!

Good luck tonight and here to everyone staying healthy and getting home safely!
 #82368  by FUTex
 Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:43 am
Are we to believe that Montana needed any more motivation than it being a playoff game, and that being referred to as "not the most athletic bunch" is an insult and will kick the Griz into high gear? There's no way Montana is that thin skinned.

I heard that the Montana quarterback called Furman a bunch of poopy-heads, and that we have thyroid issues.
Roundball, Mr. Taggart liked this
 #82369  by greenheadMT
 Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:51 am
FUTex wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:43 am
Are we to believe that Montana needed any more motivation than it being a playoff game, and that being referred to as "not the most athletic bunch" is an insult and will kick the Griz into high gear? There's no way Montana is that thin skinned.

I heard that the Montana quarterback called Furman a bunch of poopy-heads, and that we have thyroid issues.
I heard that too but I think he said doody-heads.

This is my poorly made point actually. I don’t think the Montana players will even see this. This is all fan noise to kill time. We’re all just waiting around until tonight and need something to talk about. This is something new and mildly interesting to talk about.
 #82371  by RobGriz
 Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:53 am
Gameday. As a Griz fan I obviously want the Griz to win but regardless of the outcome I hope for a good game with no serious injuries between two very good teams. To those Montana fans driving to the game, be safe, the roads are complete garbage this morning. To the Furman fans traveling to Montana, ENJOY! I hope you are treated well, I have no doubt you will be.
Go Griz.

P.S. FUdude has got to be a cat troll. Dang that guy hates Brint. Brint is the only guy cat fans hate more than Bobby Hauck. :lol:
Victor Greene, Stumpy liked this
 #82377  by FUBeAR
 Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:15 am

LET’S GO!!!
dornb liked this
 #82380  by greenheadMT
 Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:17 am
RobGriz wrote:

P.S. FUdude has got to be a cat troll. Dang that guy hates Brint. Brint is the only guy cat fans hate more than Bobby Hauck. :lol:

This. Don’t be surprised if he posts something after the game about how horrible and classless Griz fans are. Don’t believe it.
 #82391  by FUDude
 Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:33 pm
greenheadMT wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:17 am
RobGriz wrote:

This. Don’t be surprised if he posts something after the game about how horrible and classless Griz fans are. Don’t believe it.
I have been nothing but complimentary about the people in the town, its the children on the website that are classless. Now they are cheering on hurting our QB and taking cheapshots on Huff? I don't need to say anything else you trolls answered for everyone with that garbage. No wonder the town doesn't like that website.
 #82398  by FUDude
 Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:44 pm
greenvegas wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:42 pm
Will there be snow on the playing surface?
I doubt it, the little skiff we got last night will melt before the game starts. Walking on the greenbelt right now and its prefect weather for football. Plus the Grizz fans tears wont freeze on their faces walking home after the game.

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:32 am

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.