• Furman at Montana

#82269  by The Jackal
 Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:50 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:37 pm
palafan wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:05 pm
I sure wish I could've gone. I loved Missoula. When I went fishing and saw Pearl Jam in the Montana stadium a few years ago, I came home and looked to see if the Missoula fire department was hiring. Hopefully, Jason is working on a home and home regular season matchup?!
Not sure that's a good plan - Apparently, Montana is known for signing Home/Home deals getting your fans fired about a fun competitive home game and then cancelling/buying out them having to come to your place. They did it to WCU recently. Would only do that deal with a buyout that they wouldn't be willing to accept.

Technically we did that with Delaware.
 #82271  by FU Hoopla
 Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:56 pm
The Jackal wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
palafan wrote:
I sure wish I could've gone. I loved Missoula. When I went fishing and saw Pearl Jam in the Montana stadium a few years ago, I came home and looked to see if the Missoula fire department was hiring. Hopefully, Jason is working on a home and home regular season matchup?!
Not sure that's a good plan - Apparently, Montana is known for signing Home/Home deals getting your fans fired about a fun competitive home game and then cancelling/buying out them having to come to your place. They did it to WCU recently. Would only do that deal with a buyout that they wouldn't be willing to accept.

But at least it was to play Auburn and Missouri in the same season ;)

https://www.espn.com/college-football/g ... /282640231

https://www.espn.com/college-football/t ... eason/2009
 #82275  by FUBeAR
 Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:44 pm
The Jackal wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
palafan wrote:

Screw those FBS carpetbaggers
 #82276  by FUBeAR
 Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:52 pm
apaladin wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:49 pm
Reading all the pregame predictions, analysis and previews, this game should be over by the end of the first quarter as Montana is great in every aspect of football. They are just unbeatable, superstars at every position with superstar backups too. They should be in the FBS playoffs not the FCS.
FUBeAR had previously been led to believe that NDSU … and then SDSU … invented Football.

But this week, FUBeAR learned that the game of Football was fashioned out of an ice shelf, during a blinding blizzard, at 29,033 feet in the Montana mountains, where the temperature was (and is) −459.66 Fahrenheit, during a volcanic eruption creating a sound at 193.99 dB, which has yet to subside, on a field, on campus, in Missoula, at the University of Montana.

All good, um, facts to remember.
Chuckles liked this
 #82277  by RainierGriz
 Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:59 pm
If anyone is in town already or has a few hours to kill at anytime, I would very much encourage a drive either down the Bitterroot Valley or up the Mission Valley a little ways. Just a plain pretty drive if the clouds cooperate and don’t cover the mountains. Lolo Peak Brewing in Lolo is a cool spot as well. There’s a distillery close to there as well. Excited for the game. You guys are a top 4 team in the country and was a possession away from a possible two seed. Looking forward to a classic game the both fan bases can look back on fondly! Hope you all enjoy your time.

Also feel free to PM and happy to share my number in case anyone is looking for additional recommendations or have questions about the area.

My wife and I did a road trip around Pickens, SC and had a wonderful time. Very cool part of the country down there!
 #82279  by The Jackal
 Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:12 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:52 pm
apaladin wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:49 pm
Reading all the pregame predictions, analysis and previews, this game should be over by the end of the first quarter as Montana is great in every aspect of football. They are just unbeatable, superstars at every position with superstar backups too. They should be in the FBS playoffs not the FCS.
FUBeAR had previously been led to believe that NDSU … and then SDSU … invented Football.

But this week, FUBeAR learned that the game of Football was fashioned out of an ice shelf, during a blinding blizzard, at 29,033 feet in the Montana mountains, where the temperature was (and is) −459.66 Fahrenheit, during a volcanic eruption creating a sound at 193.99 dB, which has yet to subside, on a field, on campus, in Missoula, at the University of Montana.

All good, um, facts to remember.
One pundit picked Montana, noting that they were 8-0 with their QB. Of course, he didn't mention that Furman is 18-1 against FCS teams with Tyler Huff.
dornb liked this
 #82284  by FUDude
 Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:06 pm
I expect Anderson to have a good day for us tomorrow night. I am thinking a 100+ rushing and 125 receiving. Roberto will go over 100 as well. First team to 20 wins this one. FU offense matches up well with their defense and our defense is better than their offense. Control the clock keep the ball away and no turnovers. If that happens we win, if it doesn't, its a toss up. I feel pretty confident about hosting Ndsu next weekend at Paladin stadium.

Grizz fans can hang out with their excuses, blame the refs, the field or the weather while we advance
dornb liked this
 #82289  by gofurman
 Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:49 pm
Davemeister wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:09 pm
gofurman wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:14 pm
Davemeister wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:04 pm
"Wayne's World", Party Time!, Ex-cel-lent!
Dave, do you have a question for me?

As a matter of fact I do. Are you skeered of the Big Bad Griz?
Dave, I am very skeered.
Davemeister liked this
 #82291  by OldGriz
 Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:53 pm
FUDude wrote:
I expect Anderson to have a good day for us tomorrow night. I am thinking a 100+ rushing and 125 receiving. Roberto will go over 100 as well. First team to 20 wins this one. FU offense matches up well with their defense and our defense is better than their offense. Control the clock keep the ball away and no turnovers. If that happens we win, if it doesn't, its a toss up. I feel pretty confident about hosting Ndsu next weekend at Paladin stadium.

Grizz fans can hang out with their excuses, blame the refs, the field or the weather while we advance
Should be a great game! I would say along with Idaho the best team Griz have played all year. Man FuDude just joined this board this week like I did? And name dropping folks and places throughout Missoula after being here 2 days? Furman folks you have what we call a Bubcat troll. Be easy on him. They have been pretty abused the last month or so.
 #82299  by FUDude
 Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:25 pm
OldGriz wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:53 pm
FUDude wrote:

Should be a great game! I would say along with Idaho the best team Griz have played all year. Man FuDude just joined this board this week like I did? And name dropping folks and places throughout Missoula after being here 2 days? Furman folks you have what we call a Bubcat troll. Be easy on him. They have been pretty abused the last month or so.
I post on AGS and have for a decade, if you want to be an asshole go back to your site and mingle. I have friends showing me around Missoula and letting me stay at their home. They don't think very highly of you message board trolls either. Nothing short of pond scum from what I have read
 #82303  by saltyshaker
 Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:35 pm
guessing by now plane is landing.might expect a light workout tonight to aclimate to stadium lights,tempertures,and get legs back under us after 5 hour fligtht.go palidins.

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:32 am

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.