#55994  by Bootie
 Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:58 am
The Jackal wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:22 pm
Flagman wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:08 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:36 pm
Makes me sick we didnt try to score at the end. CU tried to score when they got it back with 2 mins left.
Absolutely agree. Why leave a timeout on the scoreboard? That left me dumbfounded and bewildered.

Least important game on the schedule. We struggled to score in the red zone against that defense.

With game out of reach, the goal is to get out of that stadium healthy
I was disappointed in this too. What better time to practice a two-minute drill than in an actual game against a solid opponent?
 #55997  by The Jackal
 Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:03 am
Bootie wrote:
The Jackal wrote:
Flagman wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Makes me sick we didnt try to score at the end. CU tried to score when they got it back with 2 mins left.
Absolutely agree. Why leave a timeout on the scoreboard? That left me dumbfounded and bewildered.

Least important game on the schedule. We struggled to score in the red zone against that defense.

I was disappointed in this too. What better time to practice a two-minute drill than in an actual game against a solid opponent?
On the other hand, why show ETSU what our two minute offense looks like?

Right now, they have no idea.
 #56003  by apaladin
 Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:43 am
The Jackal wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:45 am
Swinney post game:

Talks about how their offense just couldn't get the ball back. Our offense held the ball around 35 minutes. He said he couldn't remember the last time a team was 10/18 on third down against them.

https://theclemsoninsider.com/2022/09/1 ... report-12/

I believe 4 of the last 5 Furman drives got inside the Clemson 30 and led to 3 points. Again, against a team not named Clemson, we're likely putting up a lot more points there.
Dabo said “Clay has a good team. Will be fun to wach them, they’re going to wn some games”
dornb liked this
 #56004  by Davemeister
 Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:51 am
Wrap-up:

Negatives: 1) Missed scoring opportunities.
2) Poor tackling, especially of their QB.

Positives: 1) Our guys were not the least bit intimidated by Clemson and showed they could line up and
play with them.
2) Far as I know, no injuris.
3) We know for certain we have a QB capable of leading us to the SoCon Title.
QCGlue, dornb liked this
 #56010  by Bootie
 Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:04 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Bootie wrote:
The Jackal wrote:
Flagman wrote:
apaladin wrote:

We’ll if we show it to ETSU then some other team beyond them sees it. I don’t like the idea that we should need to hide our offense from teams. Play the effin game and make them stop you.
apaladin liked this
 #56012  by The Jackal
 Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:32 pm
Bootie wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:04 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Bootie wrote:
The Jackal wrote:
Flagman wrote:
apaladin wrote:

We’ll if we show it to ETSU then some other team beyond them sees it. I don’t like the idea that we should need to hide our offense from teams. Play the effin game and make them stop you.

I'll put it differently.

I had no issue with what Hendrix did.

The game was out of reach. We played our butts off the entire game. The issue was still in doubt late in the contest, but when we couldn't punch it in over several drives in the fourth quarter, the matter was decided.

This is the least important game on our schedule. My guess is that Hendrix decided the risk in trying to run a two minute offense against that defense in a game we couldn't win at that point wasn't worth the risk.
 #56014  by Bootie
 Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:29 pm
I feel ya that the game was insignificant and over. Ultimately, when we do have to use a two minute offense, that game will matter a lot and we will have zero game experience using it. Just seems like a wasted opportunity to me. I’m done beating that horse.
apaladin liked this
 #56020  by The Jackal
 Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:45 pm
Watching the condensed game, it really is crazy how often Furman is in 3 or 4 WR sets. We are really going to force teams to cover the field and still have to deal with a small army of bruising running backs.
fupaladin01 liked this
 #56021  by Furmanoid
 Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:47 pm
Overall very good showing. I’m a little nervous about the defense though. I watch the Tigers every week. Up till yesterday DJ has been horrible. He looked like a 1st round pick against us.

Shouldn’t matter though. We should kill our not so hot conference. By the end of the season we might be scoring 50 per game.
 #56022  by FurmanATT
 Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:12 pm
Flagman wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:05 pm
I missed Monty. Only noticed Scott and SoCon John. Did notice the complete absence of local mainline media (G-News and WYFF). Not surprised. We’re they even invited? The GNews hasn’t even had a article about the game, nor stats.
I had a logistical problem that won't occur again. PC (LaurensCountySports.com) had a media conference at 10 a.m. I'll be there from now on because Furman will be on Monday. I tried to get a question in via Facebook comment.
By the way, photos, game story and whimsical column are all up at FurmanATT.com now. I think it's the biggest gallery we've ever run. Elena did a great job, especially since she's never been on a sideline that crowded. -- Monte
Chuckles, hypercycloid liked this
 #56023  by cavedweller2
 Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:55 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:47 pm
Overall very good showing. I’m a little nervous about the defense though. I watch the Tigers every week. Up till yesterday DJ has been horrible. He looked like a 1st round pick against us.

Shouldn’t matter though. We should kill our not so hot conference. By the end of the season we might be scoring 50 per game.
Huff was responsible for more total yardage than the Clemson guy. Against Clemson.
FUBeAR, dornb liked this
 #56040  by The Jackal
 Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:32 pm
DJ is a five star QB and starter for one of the nations top programs. The idea that he’s untalented is a wild take.

Clemsons highly touted back up came in and Furman pummeled him into the ground. Basically removed any QB controversy at Clemson.
FUBeAR, apaladin, din23 and 2 others liked this