#55958  by Flagman
 Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:59 pm
Flagman wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:56 pm
Given Chris Justice’s accuracy rating, we should have clear skies.
Thanks Chris for your usual prediction. No sun, but no rain.
apaladin, QCGlue, FU69 liked this
 #55959  by Flagman
 Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:08 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:36 pm
Makes me sick we didnt try to score at the end. CU tried to score when they got it back with 2 mins left.
Absolutely agree. Why leave a timeout on the scoreboard? That left me dumbfounded and bewildered.
FU69 liked this
 #55962  by The Jackal
 Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:22 pm
Flagman wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:08 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:36 pm
Makes me sick we didnt try to score at the end. CU tried to score when they got it back with 2 mins left.
Absolutely agree. Why leave a timeout on the scoreboard? That left me dumbfounded and bewildered.

Least important game on the schedule. We struggled to score in the red zone against that defense.

With game out of reach, the goal is to get out of that stadium healthy
AstroDin liked this
 #55964  by AstroDin
 Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:46 pm
I waited until the last minute to decide to go to the game—so glad I did.
I don't think I have anything to add that hasn't been said already.
So proud of our DINS!

A couple of awesome moments from the game…
Huff juking two Clemson defenders
Devin Abrams punishing Clemson tacklers
Ryan Miller proving he can play with the big boys
hypercycloid, dornb, apaladin and 1 others liked this
 #55968  by FUBeAR
 Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:13 pm
Outstanding work & effort by all involved!

Exceptionally proud to be a Paladin today!!
apaladin, dornb liked this
 #55969  by AllTimeFU
 Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:30 pm
Such a great showing. Proud for the players, coaches and staff. Now, let's get into gear and win the SoCon. So much to be proud of tonight.
dornb, QCGlue liked this
 #55970  by apaladin
 Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:33 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:13 pm
Outstanding work & effort by all involved!

Exceptionally proud to be a Paladin today!!
Game ball goes to the OL and offensive coaches. 41 pass attempts and the suposed best DL in the country had only 2 sacks. I have no doubt if the old offensive coaches were still here we would not have had half the offense we had today.
dornb, QCGlue liked this
 #55974  by purplehorse
 Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:41 am
Great offensive effort. Looks like we finally have a QB which is huge. Defense played better in the second half. As always we need to work on pass defense (and maybe pass rush).

If we take this level of play against the Southern Conference I am very optimistic! Will know a lot more after ETSU.
dornb liked this
 #55979  by Roundball
 Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:23 am
Flagman wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:59 pm
Flagman wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:56 pm
Given Chris Justice’s accuracy rating, we should have clear skies.
Thanks Chris for your usual prediction. No sun, but no rain.
As usual, Chris Justice was spot on with his forecast. He is the best in the business.
 #55985  by The Jackal
 Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:52 am
Going to ramble through some highlights.

Defensively, we are really active presnap. Lot of shifts. Lot of pressure looks.

I'm not sure when and how Coach Vaughn makes the personnel decision, but this is a 5 DB look, but the 5th DB is Wilkins, a safety. Sometimes it's Chizik, a CB, as the nickel.

Furman rushes 6. I love the aggressiveness. Honestly, I'm not even sure how Uiagalelei got the throw past Wilkins, who was right in the throwing lane.

Brinson makes an excellent play on a tipped ball. He's going to be a good player for us.

My favorite part of this is Hugh Ryan. Rotates underneath across the field. I also love that he just tosses the Clemson WR to the ground. That's a physical brand of football.

#55986  by The Jackal
 Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:59 am
We've run a bunch of RPO the first two games (at least, that's what this looks like)

When you have a QB that can run it and can get on the same page with receivers, it's really hard to defend. You make the defense wrong whatever they decide to do.

Looks like Huff just reads the outside linebacker. He steps in, which triggers Huff to pull the ball and throw it behind him.

QCGlue liked this
 #55987  by The Jackal
 Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:17 am
This is essentially the same play, but thrown once to the left and once to the right. Furman beat Clemson twice with this for long gains.

I honestly don't recall our offense running much of a true screen game in years. While these throws are short, they aren't "easy." Trying to weave the ball in against those long Clemson pass rushers is no simple task for a QB. We also seem to have a lot of faith in our running backs as pass catchers.

This is also great play calling by Roper. He knew Clemson was going to try to push up field hard on passing downs and called plays to counteract it. On the Abrams catch, you can see how much attention Clemson paid to Ryan Miller, who had a CB covering him across the field.

Any time you run a screen and the offensive line doesn't have anyone to block, you've got 'em. Against a team other than Clemson, that Abrams play is probably a touchdown.

Also, watch Abrams deliver a hit on the Clemson defender to finish the run. That wasn't the only time #32 put a wallop on a Tiger defender.

AstroDin liked this
 #55992  by The Jackal
 Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:45 am
Swinney post game:

Talks about how their offense just couldn't get the ball back. Our offense held the ball around 35 minutes. He said he couldn't remember the last time a team was 10/18 on third down against them.

https://theclemsoninsider.com/2022/09/1 ... report-12/

I believe 4 of the last 5 Furman drives got inside the Clemson 30 and led to 3 points. Again, against a team not named Clemson, we're likely putting up a lot more points there.
hypercycloid, dornb liked this