• UTC Game Thread

#45555  by Paladin91
 Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:42 am
GQ was never really a co- coordinator of the offense when Drew Cronic was here. That was purely DC’s and it ran well with the limited talent we had at the time.
bj93, Jasper liked this
 #45576  by Jasper
 Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:04 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:28 pm
This guy is not getting in my foxhole. Throws a 19 year old kid under the bus. And you expected him to fall on his grenade? No “date with destiny” there.
 #45577  by tim
 Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:15 pm
He threw nobody under the bus. "Jace didn't have his best day".
 #45579  by Affirm
 Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:38 pm
Jasper wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:47 pm
affirm wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:18 pm
youwouldno wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:45 pm
This is CCH's offense. It didn't work out.

There are really only 2 options -

(1) Who cares? Things continue more or less as they are now, with Furman having the worst offense in full scholarship FCS for the remainder of CCH's contract.
(2) In the off-season, CCH hires an outside OC and gives him control of the offense.

My preferred option would be something different - CCH retires and Vaughn becomes HC, and then hires an outside OC. Maybe CCH stockpiled enough cash while at AF that he doesn't really need the money anymore?

I say "good enough".
I have to say "good enough".
What else can you say?
Option 1, "Who cares?", seems to me to be essentially true.
Yes, there are people who post on UFFP who care and who are much more knowledgeable than I am. There also are people who never come on here who care and who are sorry that Furman football is so mediocre.
The problem seems to me to be that there is not enough money, or potential money, represented by to totality of both of those groups of "caring" people.
Additionally, there is no perception by the powers that be that having mediocre football costs the overall university enough in financial support to other aspects of the overall university to do something about the mediocre football program.
So, the answer has to be, individually, "good enough".
We have a football team.
Good enough.
Even so, I will continued to be interested in reading the thoughts, analyses, and suggestions of the knowledgeable caring people who post on UFFP. So, please keep giving your thoughts about what needs to be do, hopefully combined with consideration of what can be done. Saying something needs to be done does not mean that it can be done.
I would respond to this if I had the faintest clue of what it means. I think you are saying that it is “good enough” just to have a football team. Is that it?
Sorry you have no clue. It think it was stated clearly. It is “good enough” because it all we have. No one is stating a convincing argument that we are going to get better than mediocre without some drastic action which appears to be out of the question. We need to accept it for what it is. It has to be good enough. It is good enough. If it is not good enough, why do we continue to pay attention to it?
 #45581  by Furmanoid
 Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:15 pm
I find myself agreeing with affirm. It is looking pretty clear that we just aren’t going to be real good anymore. And I think middle of the SoCon is considered good enough by the decision makers and by most UFFP people. Sure we would like to be better but not if we have to make changes to get there. So we’ll just roll along like this blaming youth, Covid, injuries, refs, transfers, mean UFFP posters, academic integrity, etc. I mean, aren’t we all kind of used to it by now?
bj93, bones63, apaladin liked this
 #45583  by FU3
 Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:14 pm
Funny, the exact same things were said about our Basketball program 5 or 6 years ago. Furman has everything it needs to be a really good FCS program except a coherent O. The college coaching ranks at the D-2 and D-3 level are crawling with innovative young coaches who would look at a Furman coordinator position as an enormous step up.
fupaladin01 liked this
 #45584  by Furmanoid
 Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:31 pm
Exactly. But they lack the required qualification. They aren’t made men.
 #45585  by Sad Din
 Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:31 pm
Ingle Martin, Brian Bratton, Jerome Felton, Younger Sorrells... these guys might meet the requirement

BTW, just as a side note, was looking at CU coaching staff and support.... any idea how may folks they have on staff?

60... thats sixty! wow
 #45586  by Sad Din
 Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:36 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:31 pm
Ingle Martin, Brian Bratton, Jerome Felton, Younger Sorrells... these guys might meet the requirement

BTW, just as a side note, was looking at CU coaching staff and support.... any idea how may folks they have on staff?

60... thats sixty! Only for FB. wow
 #45587  by Affirm
 Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:19 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
I find myself agreeing with affirm. It is looking pretty clear that we just aren’t going to be real good anymore. And I think middle of the SoCon is considered good enough by the decision makers and by most UFFP people. Sure we would like to be better but not if we have to make changes to get there. So we’ll just roll along like this blaming youth, Covid, injuries, refs, transfers, mean UFFP posters, academic integrity, etc. I mean, aren’t we all kind of used to it by now?
Seems we like to gripe continuously about something that we have no power or control over but think we do.
 #45588  by Affirm
 Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:26 pm
FU3 wrote:
Funny, the exact same things were said about our Basketball program 5 or 6 years ago. Furman has everything it needs to be a really good FCS program except a coherent O. The college coaching ranks at the D-2 and D-3 level are crawling with innovative young coaches who would look at a Furman coordinator position as an enormous step up.
What’s the REASON we lack a coherent O? The lack of an innovative young coach?
 #45589  by Affirm
 Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:27 pm
FU3 wrote:
What’s the REASON we lack a coherent O? The lack of an innovative young coach?
 #45590  by FU3
 Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:32 pm
Imagine that.. guys on a sports board offering opinions about their team. Keep these pearls coming.In all honesty I have no idea what you are trying to say.
 #45591  by Sad Din
 Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:06 pm
FU3 wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:32 pm
Imagine that.. guys on a sports board offering opinions about their team. Keep these pearls coming.In all honesty I have no idea what you are trying to say.
Thats our job dude
 #45595  by apaladin
 Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:19 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
Not only are the coaches unwilling to make changes but so is the administation which is another discussion. Let’s just say the playing field is not level and hasn’t been for some time.
Paladin575 liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Default Avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by FurmanFan23

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.