#21411  by fufanatic
 Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:50 pm
gofurman wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:33 pm
Jasper wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:59 pm
DeepPurple wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:50 pm
I think we are getting great support from our administration, especially our new AD. I think we got a great bracket. I think we are different in terms of offense in anything AP has seen. I think our kids will lay it out there and give us a chance to be successful. I think this FB program has given us all a lot to be thankful for here at Thanksgiving. Happy Thanksgiving and Happy DINS!
I heard from one of our captains today and he told me he is "locked in" for the playoffs and will make sure the rest are as well. He is not ready to play his last college football game as yet. The players are mentally ready and will give it their all.
Awesome - and THIS is why I want multiple bids for SoCon. Quite simply because the PLAYERS themselves want it. They - especially Seniors- don’t want POINT to be the finale. They want to keep playing. This is what guys told me too

If you only want Furman in and not a 3 bid conference then you are making it harder on our OWN FURMAN team to get in Playoffs. I am not an "SEC, SEC" guy but if it helps Furman - AND IT DOES - to have SoCon get respect then I am all for it. As of today , 3 people in program have now told me (and just watch our video of selection show !!) they are glad the SoCon gets at-large bids. Our own guys want SoCon to get multiple bids

In short, multiple bids for SoCon means more years Furman plays for a National Title and more years we are in the playoffs. Sure, I want to be a SoCon outright champ but reality is like this year.. we are 2nd and the guys are excited to be playing. And they deserve to be playing..
You’re absolutely right, gofurman. Of course in an ideal world we become the NDSU of the SoCon, but chances are there will be plenty of years where we don’t get the auto bid. And in those years I don’t want to be on the outside looking in because the SoCon is a one or two bid league.
dornb, gofurman liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.