• Roster update

#15069  by gofurman
 Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:45 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:25 pm
Too bad.

Of course, I'm slightly impressed that Furman is targeting Texas QBs that TCU is also wanting.
I'm actually impressed w this too. Assume he was a walk on at both Furman and now TCU but still.
 #15081  by youwouldno
 Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:28 am
The Jackal wrote:
Too bad.

Of course, I'm slightly impressed that Furman is targeting Texas QBs that TCU is also wanting.
Quite a reach there, I mean I guess it's something TCU let him walk on? I'm not really sure how this is impressive at all, just looks like someone that decided he'd rather be closer to home, etc.
 #15083  by apaladin
 Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:35 am
youwouldno wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:28 am
The Jackal wrote:
Too bad.

Quite a reach there, I mean I guess it's something TCU let him walk on? I'm not really sure how this is impressive at all, just looks like someone that decided he'd rather be closer to home, etc.
What youwouldknow said. You can ask to walk on anywhere. Doesn't mean they recruited him or wanted him.
 #15084  by Yadkin
 Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:44 am
It you note the pattern over the last several years, recruits who are announced via press release can pretty much be identified as scholarship signees (whether full, or not, only the coaches know). Players who are added to the roster in the months after signing date (minus their own press release) are walk-ons, and their attrition rate appears to be pretty high, as expected. I think it's safe to say Carter Bir was most definitely a walkon who I venture would never have been in the QB battle picture. So he wants to be a walkon or water boy at TCU? Good for him. No great loss for Furman, it appears.
FUKA61, MNORM liked this
 #15089  by The Jackal
 Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:54 pm
Yadkin wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:44 am
It you note the pattern over the last several years, recruits who are announced via press release can pretty much be identified as scholarship signees (whether full, or not, only the coaches know). Players who are added to the roster in the months after signing date (minus their own press release) are walk-ons, and their attrition rate appears to be pretty high, as expected. I think it's safe to say Carter Bir was most definitely a walkon who I venture would never have been in the QB battle picture. So he wants to be a walkon or water boy at TCU? Good for him. No great loss for Furman, it appears.
Of course, at the FCS level, with a reduced number of scholarships, walk-ons matter.
 #15334  by gofurman
 Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:00 pm
Some Roster updates: OL Caleb Auer (who started a few games last year in Godwin's absence) is now listed as a Senior. Same for OL Cody Wyatt.
 #15364  by FUPlayer74
 Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:58 am
apaladin wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:33 pm
THPaladin wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:01 pm
Who sticks out to you ?
Obviously Kroeber and Harris up over 300 from the 280's. Good job!
Kroeber is one of six coming to my house tonight for dinner. Maybe I should buy some more beef!
MNORM, AstroDin, dornb liked this
 #15400  by soconjohn
 Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:28 am
Another note on Auer is that he has now made the transition to DL....Don’t know if someone has mentioned that already or not.
 #15404  by The Jackal
 Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:48 am
soconjohn wrote:
Another note on Auer is that he has now made the transition to DL....Don’t know if someone has mentioned that already or not.
Reading between the lines, Hendrix must feel comfortable with where we are depth wise on the offensive line.

You can never have enough big bodies to throw in the middle of a defense.
 #15414  by FUBeAR
 Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:07 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:48 am
soconjohn wrote:
Reading between the lines, Hendrix must feel comfortable with where we are depth wise on the offensive line.

You can never have enough big bodies to throw in the middle of a defense.
We all know D-Line is the last stop before the bus stop, right? JK...old OL joke that I LOVE to turn around.

Not that you were saying this in a negative way at all, but Auer is more than a “big body.” He was a TE in HS & I think he played some LB too. He had 3 FBS offers coming out of a top program in GA, where his Dad, a former P5 College Player was an Asst Coach. So, he’s smart, athletic, and versatile...and OBVIOUSLY, a TEAM FIRST guy. He’s changed from TE to OL and now to DL...which just may be the spot where he can contribute the most. As someone noted, looks like his eligibility status has changed to SR, so this is, most likely, his ‘last ride.’ Hoping for a HUGE year for him!!!

FUBeAR always pulls extra hard for the TEAM FIRST guys that overcome position changes & other adversities to close out their college careers with a flourish.

GO #72!!!
soconjohn liked this
 #15415  by soconjohn
 Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:44 pm
Good points, FuBEAR...I didn’t realize Auer was that big until I saw him in the scrimmage on Saturday...I think he can be a solid addition to the DL...With Lawrence now officially having to give up football due to concussion protocol, this move makes a lot of sense.
 #15417  by Paul C
 Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:57 pm
Lawrence or Lewis?
 #15418  by Jasper
 Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:58 pm
Whoa. What is this about Landon Lawrence? He played great on Saturday.
 #15419  by Jasper
 Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:06 pm
soconjohn wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:44 pm
Good points, FuBEAR...I didn’t realize Auer was that big until I saw him in the scrimmage on Saturday...I think he can be a solid addition to the DL...With Lawrence now officially having to give up football due to concussion protocol, this move makes a lot of sense.
He is still on the roster. When did this happen?

Recent Topics

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Default Avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by FurmanFan23

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.