• FULL GAME VIDEO

#78006  by gofurman
 Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:42 am
The Jackal wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:21 am
I like watching the game and figuring out personnel.

I'm increasingly impressed that we pretty much two platoon the defense. With the possible exception of Blackshear, Ryan, and Chizik, pretty much every defender rotates out frequently and often for entire drives. Our second line guys and first line guys are largely indistinguishable in production.

First, thanks to AP. Much appreciated !!! I was one relegated to radio only bc of dam WCU

Second, I’ll try to watch but listened to names of who played. Did Brinson ever play?
apaladin liked this
 #78008  by The Jackal
 Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:48 am
Davemeister wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:30 am
Coach DS used to say: "You have to score when you have the chance." That extra 6 points iced it.
Huge kick from Williams to push the lead back up to two scores.

I'm pretty sure after the day we had kicking, that every Paladin fan was wanting to go for it on 4th and 1.
FUBeAR, dornb liked this
 #78010  by apaladin
 Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:54 am
Bootie wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:52 am
Roundball wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:27 am
I watched the game this morning. The announcers thought Huff should have gone down after getting the first down instead of scoring. Their thinking was that we could have run out the clock. With the time left on the clock, I find that thinking crazy. Where do they get these announcers?
I don’t know, it does seem to make mathematical sense. By scoring the touchdown, we were up only by 12 points with 54 seconds on the clock. We all saw at the South Carolina game how they put two scores on the board within 49 seconds. It’s unlikely, yes, but western still had the opportunity to win the game at that point. Maybe they run the kickoff back, kick an onside kick, maybe toss a hail Mary to the end zone and we get pass interference, etc., a couple scenarios could’ve happened that might’ve sent us home with a loss.

Alternatively, if Huff had gone down at the 1 yard line, we would’ve just had to take two knees and the game is over.
I see both points but the big difference comparing SC to WCU yesterday is I’m pretty sure there were no SEC officials in Cullowhee yesterday.
GF- pretty sure I heard Brinson’s name calked yesterday.
FUBeAR liked this
 #78012  by gofurman
 Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:00 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:54 am
Bootie wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:52 am
Roundball wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:27 am
I watched the game this morning. The announcers thought Huff should have gone down after getting the first down instead of scoring. Their thinking was that we could have run out the clock. With the time left on the clock, I find that thinking crazy. Where do they get these announcers?
I don’t know, it does seem to make mathematical sense. By scoring the touchdown, we were up only by 12 points with 54 seconds on the clock. We all saw at the South Carolina game how they put two scores on the board within 49 seconds. It’s unlikely, yes, but western still had the opportunity to win the game at that point. Maybe they run the kickoff back, kick an onside kick, maybe toss a hail Mary to the end zone and we get pass interference, etc., a couple scenarios could’ve happened that might’ve sent us home with a loss.

Alternatively, if Huff had gone down at the 1 yard line, we would’ve just had to take two knees and the game is over.
I see both points but the big difference comparing SC to WCU yesterday is I’m pretty sure there were no SEC officials in Cullowhee yesterday.
GF- pretty sure I heard Brinson’s name calked yesterday.
Thanks. Hope he is playin’ Wouldn’t mind us rest a few this week if possible - if possible
 #78034  by The Jackal
 Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:32 pm
Can't take time off against any opponent.

At the same time, I'd love to have a game where Roberto wasn't grabbing 31 carries. Gotta keep him ready for the post season too.
 #78035  by AllTimeFU
 Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:34 pm
gofurman wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:42 am
The Jackal wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:21 am
I like watching the game and figuring out personnel.

I'm increasingly impressed that we pretty much two platoon the defense. With the possible exception of Blackshear, Ryan, and Chizik, pretty much every defender rotates out frequently and often for entire drives. Our second line guys and first line guys are largely indistinguishable in production.

First, thanks to AP. Much appreciated !!! I was one relegated to radio only bc of dam WCU

Second, I’ll try to watch but listened to names of who played. Did Brinson ever play?
Brinson played and played very well.
gofurman liked this
 #78043  by gofurman
 Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:46 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:32 pm
Can't take time off against any opponent.

At the same time, I'd love to have a game where Roberto wasn't grabbing 31 carries. Gotta keep him ready for the post season too.
Kinda my point. He was actually signaling the coaches that. he wanted out for a few plays - radio guys noted this. And coaches left him in as they wanted jumbo package … Just sayin most people said the days of 25+ carries (Carl Tremble /Ivory) were over. Rather. Not see Roberto have to do that again except maybe v utc

And would love if ETSU allowed a few guys to not play too much. That’s all
 #78060  by purplehorse123
 Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:16 pm
Technically Huff should have gone down on his final TD run but I honestly cannot imagine anyone doing that. A 12 point lead with 1 minute left probably will win 99 plus % of games.

Winning by 12 looks better to the clueless pollsters.

And that was a great play and run by Huff.
Bootie, dornb, FUBeAR liked this
 #78072  by FUBeAR
 Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:56 pm
purplehorse123 wrote:
Technically Huff should have gone down on his final TD run but I honestly cannot imagine anyone doing that. A 12 point lead with 1 minute left probably will win 99 plus % of games.

…and he got to properly salute the nice WCU fans…

…as did #8…

…and look here…courtesy of FurmanATT, we have reverse angle replay of the HuffSalute

those people may be wearing purple, but they are NOT cheering. :lol:
FU Hoopla, Paladin82, Davemeister and 1 others liked this
 #78078  by apaladin
 Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:56 am
Have to admit the announcers were pretty good. Gotta kick out of the color guy after the Ryan interception with 15 seconds left saying “that should seal it.” Captain Obvious.
 #78083  by FU Hoopla
 Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:47 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:56 pm
purplehorse123 wrote:

…and he got to properly salute the nice WCU fans…

…as did #8…

…and look here…courtesy of FurmanATT, we have reverse angle replay of the HuffSalute

those people may be wearing purple, but they are NOT cheering. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
 #78152  by Davemeister
 Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:11 pm
purplehorse123 wrote:

Truly.

Lt. Huff was on a Mission. He found himself open in Enemy Territory and went for the Kill.

Seal Team 6 couldn't have done it any better.
FUBeAR, dornb liked this
 #78156  by JohnKX512
 Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:56 pm
purplehorse123 wrote:

I told my wife that technically the clothes are done when they are dry.

Huff just folded, ironed, and put away the laundry like he is supposed to.
dornb, apaladin liked this
 #78198  by apaladin
 Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:45 pm
No let up and no talk of letting everyone play this week. Remember everyone saying Carson Jones should get a lot of snaps against Citadel. He got zero.