• Transfers

#61593  by Thorny
 Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:06 pm
Jace,

Thank you for your contribution to Furman Football. All of us fans appreciated the work you put in.

Cheers!

~Thorny
 #61595  by The Jackal
 Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:19 pm
Paul C wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:04 pm
Wofford DE Michael Mason is in the portal. He was arguably their best player.

I'm pretty sure we recruited him hard out of high school.

Mason is one of the few guys in the last 5 years that Wofford appeared to beat us out for in recruiting.
 #61598  by Paul C
 Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:40 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Paul C wrote:

Mason is one of the few guys in the last 5 years that Wofford appeared to beat us out for in recruiting.
Yes.
 #61601  by gofurman
 Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:47 pm
Paul C wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:40 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Paul C wrote:

Yes.
I would love to have Mason at DE. !!
OR Landon Parker at WR from Wofford. Or Stone Snyder at LB from VMI
 #62145  by FUwolfpacker
 Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:01 pm
Evan Jumper has entered the portal. Good luck to him as he pursues a graduate degree , and thanks for all you did for Furman football!

#62158  by saltyshaker
 Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:44 pm
thank you evan for your contribution to our success.good luck at your next destination.

i would like to see morgan and parker from wofford as possible additions to our 2023 roster.
 #62160  by Jasper
 Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:42 pm
Afurmanfan wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:15 am
Fact- when Jace “redshirts himself” right before a game, with the only other qb on the team a true freshman with no experience, he has has put himself before the team. Not to say it is not his prerogative, but inarguably puts the best interests of the team in second place.
100% correct. It was a childish, petulant move. Wait until he gets a glimpse of the real world. No loss.
 #62164  by Jasper
 Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:53 pm
Thorny wrote:
Jace,

Thank you for your contribution to Furman Football. All of us fans appreciated the work you put in.

Cheers!

~Thorny
You are indeed a kind man. Me? I think what he did was awful and obvious.
 #62165  by apaladin
 Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:08 pm
Well it only took 2 days to break up what we thought would be a complete returning OL. Jumper will be missed, IIRC when he was out for a lttle while we really struggled. The center position is the most important position on the OL. Hope we have someone in the wings.
 #62168  by FU3
 Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:56 pm
Wish Jumper the best, gave FU 4 good years and is looking for a Grad degree. With all of the portal entries that will be announced in the next couple of months it is interesting that according to the NCAA numbers only about 1/3 of FCS players will end up with a scholarship offer to a new school.
 #62170  by gofurman
 Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:25 pm
apaladin wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:08 pm
Well it only took 2 days to break up what we thought would be a complete returning OL. Jumper will be missed, IIRC when he was out for a lttle while we really struggled. The center position is the most important position on the OL. Hope we have someone in the wings.
First I wish Jumper the best of everything !! Good luck sir and thanks for all you did. Thank you!!

We did struggle without him per AP.
It will be a loss FOR SURE. Our OL looked completely lesser vs a not very good Charleston Southern team - not surprisingly the one game he missed. It was clearly a different offense. I personally wouldn’t mind a stopgap transfer in this spot. A one or two year guy because we really took a hit when Jumper missed even one game. Unless the two guys that got hurt preseason, maybe one is a Center?? I just know they were OL guys but not what exact position they were slated to play

Does anyone know where they are to play - which position ? (I can’t recall names .. Vollmer and ?). Is either a center?

Thanks for answers in advance
 #62172  by Thorny
 Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:44 pm
Jasper wrote:
Thorny wrote:
Jace,

Cheers!

~Thorny
I was once being bullied out of a company/high profile project. There were two leads. One went on vacation and the other promptly did something stupid and ended up in the hospital a day later so, for the next week and a half, I had to hold down the project with no preperation for two people that wanted me to quit. I, obviously, got no credit for this.

About a month later one gets Covid and the other ends up in the hospital again. I had quit the day before said person ended up in the hospital. Management told the client I was not available...but the client reached out to me and convinced me to hold things over again.

From an outside perspective I was not seen as a team player and I understand that. I know that despite working for said company for eight years I can't expect them to give an honest review of my performance if I need a reference.

I don't know Jace's view on this but if he thinks there are greener pastures then so be it.

I know I am treading on thin ice but we had a former player say they were uncomfortable with the Furman hiring Hendrix based on previous interactions, had a previous potential star QB transfer with rumor being out there that he did not feel wanted, and now the Jace transfer drama.

Hendrix is a good coach and asset to the football program but if we are going to call out players for not being team players, adding drama to the program, etc. based on practically nothing then I am going to throw out that apparently a lot of QBs just don't think Furman is the right fit under Hendrix and some leave more gracefully then others.

They are students/kids and you are trying to hold these athletes to a standard that 90% of people, especially super competitive people, don't meet.
 #62173  by Paul C
 Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:51 pm
With Vollmer and Petit, both who competed for starting spots on the OL, coming back after missing this year due to injury I’m not worried.
Davemeister liked this
 #62195  by The Jackal
 Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:24 am
Paul C wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:51 pm
With Vollmer and Petit, both who competed for starting spots on the OL, coming back after missing this year due to injury I’m not worried.

We've done a pretty good job at the center position.

Jumper was a long term starter. Before him, I think, Cole Neely. Before him, Matt Schmidt.

3 primary players over 6 or 7 years is at least suggestive that we'll have a guy ready.
 #62210  by tim
 Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:53 am
Thorny wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:44 pm
Jasper wrote:
Thorny wrote:
Jace,

Cheers!

~Thorny
I was once being bullied out of a company/high profile project. There were two leads. One went on vacation and the other promptly did something stupid and ended up in the hospital a day later so, for the next week and a half, I had to hold down the project with no preperation for two people that wanted me to quit. I, obviously, got no credit for this.

About a month later one gets Covid and the other ends up in the hospital again. I had quit the day before said person ended up in the hospital. Management told the client I was not available...but the client reached out to me and convinced me to hold things over again.

From an outside perspective I was not seen as a team player and I understand that. I know that despite working for said company for eight years I can't expect them to give an honest review of my performance if I need a reference.

I don't know Jace's view on this but if he thinks there are greener pastures then so be it.

I know I am treading on thin ice but we had a former player say they were uncomfortable with the Furman hiring Hendrix based on previous interactions, had a previous potential star QB transfer with rumor being out there that he did not feel wanted, and now the Jace transfer drama.

Hendrix is a good coach and asset to the football program but if we are going to call out players for not being team players, adding drama to the program, etc. based on practically nothing then I am going to throw out that apparently a lot of QBs just don't think Furman is the right fit under Hendrix and some leave more gracefully then others.

They are students/kids and you are trying to hold these athletes to a standard that 90% of people, especially super competitive people, don't meet.
Yeah you are on thin ice, there were plenty of issues with the " star qb" and if you are talking about the TE transfer from Navy, look at his quote again... it made no sense at all. He was Fowlers guy anyway. As to Jace, he got his RS and there is one ahead of him and one behind and that is healthy for the squad.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by The Jackal

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:38 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.