• SOCON WEEK 8

#58527  by Paul C
 Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:32 pm
He’s just in a bad mood because he literally picked every game wrong.
apaladin liked this
 #58528  by apaladin
 Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:48 pm
din23 wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:54 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:27 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:01 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:44 pm
Paul C wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:32 pm
I can’t figure how Citadel get blown out by pitiful Wofford last week then blows out a decent WCU team today.
WCU qb Gonzalez who threw for almost 300 yds against FU in the 4th qtr last week threw for a total of 159 yds total today and most of that came late. At one time late in the game he had 6 complations and finished 13-25. WCU blitzed FU for 700 yds last week, strggled to get to 300 today and again most came late. :oops:

What's your point?

We didn't play a strong defensive effort against Western Carolina. Coach Hendrix said that. The media said that. The players said that.

We gave up 3 points today.
Lol yes against a 4th team qb who had 3 tds dropped. :lol:
Go find another team. Your Debbie downer shtick has been old for at least a decade.

:lol:
You’re the one that started it. I was just pointing out the difference a week makes. You need to go pull for CU.
 #58530  by apaladin
 Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:01 am
Paul C wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:32 pm
He’s just in a bad mood because he literally picked every game wrong.
But I might point out that I got all of them right last week. :lol:
Paul C liked this
 #58534  by gofurman
 Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:04 am
Pointing out my own mistake. I was BIG WRONG in thinking Mercer would beat Chatt. Mercer took a wake up call today - Congrats Chatt.

Unfortunately I was hoping that Chatt was easier and we have then at home. I was fine beating Chatt and dropping Mercer on road. Make playoffs with ine win and beat Woff also …. Now I fear we have the best team at PS and the 2nd best on road. Will be very tough
 #58536  by apaladin
 Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:31 am
gofurman wrote:
Pointing out my own mistake. I was BIG WRONG in thinking Mercer would beat Chatt. Mercer took a wake up call today - Congrats Chatt.

Unfortunately I was hoping that Chatt was easier and we have then at home. I was fine beating Chatt and dropping Mercer on road. Make playoffs with ine win and beat Woff also …. Now I fear we have the best team at PS and the 2nd best on road. Will be very tough
In regards to the MU/UTC gAme I think we’ve both been listening to FuBear, lol. FuBear, you got some splaining to do.
 #58542  by The Jackal
 Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:31 am
gofurman wrote:

I'd much rather play a team coming off a big win than a bad loss.

Every team is susceptible to a bad game. Most decent teams don't play two bad games in a row.
apaladin, dornb liked this
 #58545  by gman84
 Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:37 am
apaladin wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:31 am
gofurman wrote:

In regards to the MU/UTC gAme I think we’ve both been listening to FuBear, lol. FuBear, you got some splaining to do.
Don’t poke the Bear! ;)
apaladin liked this
 #58548  by Davemeister
 Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:14 am
Next Saturday Paladin Stadium plays host to the biggest game its seen in quite some time when the highly-ranked Mocs of UT-C come to town for a game loaded with So-Con and Playoff implications.

Time for us to put on our Big-Boy pants and play some Big-Boy ball!
apaladin, FUBeAR, dornb liked this
 #58553  by FUBeAR
 Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:29 am
Davemeister wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:14 am
Next Saturday Paladin Stadium plays host to the biggest game its seen in quite some time when the highly-ranked Mocs of UT-C come to town for a game loaded with So-Con and Playoff implications.

Time for us to put on our Big-Boy pants and play some Big-Boy ball!
..and time for Furman & FU Athletics to continue & expand what they have been doing to put hindquarters in the bleachers.

Furman Football doesn’t need this to be a late-arriving or never-come-in-from-the-tailgate lolligagging and gabbing with old friends Homecoming crowd. So…don’t be that guy!

And they need a CROWD. What would it take to slam together a Furman-sponsored RA Day on Saturday?

Let’s go University Team - take up the mantle and get after it this week. FUBeAR’s attendance goal for y’all / us to hit is…

Davemeister, dornb liked this
 #58554  by saltyshaker
 Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:47 am
now agree to assure a playoff berth we need to run the table,beating chattanooga,mercer and wofford.my guess is if we do that,mercer will be the odd man out,with chat,samford a nd furman in.if we lose one of these games we could be the one out.
especially since we are currently the lowest ranked of the four.we might still get in if we and samford both beat mercer.
 #58556  by apaladin
 Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:55 am
saltyshaker wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:47 am
now agree to assure a playoff berth we need to run the table,beating chattanooga,mercer and wofford.my guess is if we do that,mercer will be the odd man out,with chat,samford a nd furman in.if we lose one of these games we could be the one out.
especially since we are currently the lowest ranked of the four.we might still get in if we and samford both beat mercer.
SoCon is not getting 4 in. The last couple of spots are reserved for undeserving 6-5 teams from the caa, mvc and big sky. As for attendance a big crowd would be great. Can’t depend on much help from utc. They only had 9K yesterday for a battle of unbeatens which had to be disappointing, Their previous home game only had 6k so a good increase but still bad overall.
 #58560  by Paul C
 Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:19 pm
gofurman wrote:

Don’t make Chatt out to be unbeatable. Mercer turned it over SIX times to none for UTC.
gman84, FUBeAR liked this
 #58567  by soconjohn
 Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:40 pm
If Furman beats Mercer or Chattanooga, I am not sure you could validate keeping them out with no bad loss and two ranked wins.
 #58568  by apaladin
 Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:55 pm
soconjohn wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:40 pm
If Furman beats Mercer or Chattanooga, I am not sure you could validate keeping them out with no bad loss and two ranked wins.
In that scenario wouldn’t they only have one ranked win, not 2?