• First “Ask The AD” Of The Season

#55230  by gofurman
 Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:42 pm
affirm wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:47 pm
apaladin wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:48 am
Dan, Don’t know how to say this but so I just will. Please ask JD to not waste 30-45 minutes with a Furman commercial. We all know what has been done, the successes, the acadimia etc. Would love to see JD just answer the above questions the whole show. Thanks
On the other hand, let's not make JD mad and run him off. He's good, and unfortunately, he'll be gone too soon as it is.
If he is good he is mature and won't mind the question. Shouldn't have to walk on eggshells with a solid leader.
apaladin, QCGlue liked this
 #55245  by FUBeAR
 Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:44 pm
Great show, as always - THANKS!!
Roundball liked this
 #55247  by AllTimeFU
 Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:12 pm
Fantastic interview. Coach Hendrix and Jason truly exhibited what we love about Furman. Professional and personable. They both truly seem to be in line and on a mission of excellence. JD mentioned a couple times the mission and vision. I presume that's published somewhere formally for athletics. I'd like to see that. I like hearing that Timmons and the end zone project can run concurrently. Let's get them going! Bottom line, the student athletes and coaches of all sports have been building to this year. An opportunity to rise to the very top across the board. Let the games begin!
FUBeAR, apaladin, MNORM liked this
 #55251  by apaladin
 Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:14 am
Flagman wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:45 am
Will we continue to have metal detectors and seat cushion restrictions in Paladin stadium? What’s behind these changes? What problems have we experienced that forced these ridiculous changes?
Flagman, what is the sest cushion restrictions? Is this something new? I took a cushion with pockets etc to every game last year.
 #55253  by Roundball
 Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:40 am
apaladin wrote:
Flagman wrote:
Will we continue to have metal detectors and seat cushion restrictions in Paladin stadium? What’s behind these changes? What problems have we experienced that forced these ridiculous changes?
Flagman, what is the sest cushion restrictions? Is this something new? I took a cushion with pockets etc to every game last year.
I found this on the Paladin Stadium Clear Bag Policy. I guess to be consistent, some of the fancier seat cushions are not allowed. It seems as though all NCAA schools have the same policy, modeled after the NFL. I like the stadium cushions with a handle available at the bookstore. https://furman.spirit.bncollege.com/fur ... 3447514661

Prohibited bags include, but are not limited to:

Purses larger than a clutch bag
Briefcases
Backpacks
Fanny packs
Cinch/Drawstring bags
Luggage of any kind
Computer bags
Binocular cases
Camera bags
Non-approved seat cushions, which include large traditional seat cushions that have pockets, zippers, compartments or covers
 #55254  by apaladin
 Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:08 am
Thanks, never had a problem with mine. Has a shoulder strap for carrying and several zippered compartments which I usually use for bottled water.
 #55256  by Affirm
 Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:10 am
AllTimeFU wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:12 pm
Fantastic interview. Coach Hendrix and Jason truly exhibited what we love about Furman. Professional and personable. They both truly seem to be in line and on a mission of excellence. JD mentioned a couple times the mission and vision. I presume that's published somewhere formally for athletics. I'd like to see that. I like hearing that Timmons and the end zone project can run concurrently. Let's get them going! Bottom line, the student athletes and coaches of all sports have been building to this year. An opportunity to rise to the very top across the board. Let the games begin!
Yes this year, 2022.
Also yes to
2026 (the 200th anniversary of Furman's founding)
2027 ...
 #55263  by Flagman
 Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:40 am
apaladin wrote:
Flagman wrote:
Cushions with pockets we’re (supposedly) prohibited.
 #55293  by The Jackal
 Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:32 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:31 pm
hmmmmm.....

I will bite and say most of the time when a football program teases something it has to do with a uniform.

My guess is an updated gray/black alternate uniform.

I noticed that all of our players took team their individual team photos in gray shirts. That stood out to me considering that, with limited exceptions, the team team headshot is almost always in purple. Noticed too that Clay Hendrix went to media day in a gray polo shirt.

Just to my eyes, the players' shirts in their headshots are a good deal of a darker gray than our alternate uniform.

I'm not sure we saw the "mono-gray" alternate at all last season. We wore gray pants a few times on the road. The gray top, I think, we wore against Mercer, but with white pants.

I'm probably wrong.
 #55297  by FUBeAR
 Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:28 am
apaladin wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:42 pm
Would love to see the purple matte helmet(with white diamond F) posted a few years ago.
apaladin liked this