• Injuries

#44447  by apaladin
 Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:35 am
Did Dominic Roberto play at all yesterday? He did not have any carries.
 #44448  by The Jackal
 Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:46 am
apaladin wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:35 am
Did Dominic Roberto play at all yesterday? He did not have any carries.
The player participation is listed in the box score.

Roberto is also in on this touchdown run.

#44453  by gofurman
 Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:34 pm
Jackal. Good catch on the double coverage of Harris. The more playmakers the better !! That double coverage took a guy - safety-out of the box for Wynn

I didn’t catch that in live action
 #44467  by FUPlayer74
 Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:18 pm
gofurman wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:26 pm
FUPlayer74 wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:10 pm
gofurman wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:00 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:26 pm
Wilkins wasn't dressed out.

Wynn went down late, but looked like he grabbed his hamstring. Radio guys said he was gassed. Walked off the field on his own.

Only injury I saw during the game may have been Luke Clark, who had an out of control runner on a kickoff barrel into his legs.
The Wynn thing emphasizes my dislike of his last run or two. A hammy can put you out for 6 weeks. MANY injuries Occur upon fatigue. this has been proven in sports. Muscle pulld or you get lazy in the way you make.a cut. The game was basically over at that point. I don’t think he should have been in. Also, Show you trust the others. Give them good reps. .

Let him rest. Protect key guys and then all starters at that point.
BS, we're playing Wofford. Put the hammer down, beat their eyes out. We've got a stable of running backs.
So you will risk Wynn (clearly the best - that’s without debate per our coaches choice to run him so much vs others) for one or two extra runs? What’s the risk return?

AND your premise insults the other backs as if they couldn’t do a good job on a last run or three. I personally trust the other backs to finish the game. I would think you would too

Also the coaches reaction where I think even CCH came out to look at Wynn shows how much that scared the shizzle out of them when he went down. It shouldn’t take a scare to make a coach realize “maybe this guy shouldn’t be in here now”.

If you trust the OL then you would be fine giving it to others. I trust the OL
Yeah you have this great confidence in the OL. Kinda funny that you were on Woffie's board 2 days ago throwing them under the bus!!
FUBeAR liked this
 #44482  by Louis Tully
 Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:23 pm
The title of this thread is spelled wrong. In past years the e was left off.
FUBeAR, gofurman, apaladin and 2 others liked this
 #44485  by gofurman
 Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:38 am
FUPlayer74 wrote:
gofurman wrote:
FUPlayer74 wrote:
gofurman wrote:
The Jackal wrote:

Wynn went down late, but looked like he grabbed his hamstring. Radio guys said he was gassed. Walked off the field on his own.

Only injury I saw during the game may have been Luke Clark, who had an out of control runner on a kickoff barrel into his legs.
The Wynn thing emphasizes my dislike of his last run or two. A hammy can put you out for 6 weeks. MANY injuries Occur upon fatigue. this has been proven in sports. Muscle pulld or you get lazy in the way you make.a cut. The game was basically over at that point. I don’t think he should have been in. Also, Show you trust the others. Give them good reps. .

BS, we're playing Wofford. Put the hammer down, beat their eyes out. We've got a stable of running backs.
So you will risk Wynn (clearly the best - that’s without debate per our coaches choice to run him so much vs others) for one or two extra runs? What’s the risk return?

AND your premise insults the other backs as if they couldn’t do a good job on a last run or three. I personally trust the other backs to finish the game. I would think you would too

Also the coaches reaction where I think even CCH came out to look at Wynn shows how much that scared the shizzle out of them when he went down. It shouldn’t take a scare to make a coach realize “maybe this guy shouldn’t be in here now”.

Yeah you have this great confidence in the OL. Kinda funny that you were on Woffie's board 2 days ago throwing them under the bus!!
Oh 74. Time and place. Time and place man. the ability to understand two concepts at once. That post was PRIOR to our Woff game and thus based on the spring and through Mercer and I stand by it. Check the day/time of the post on Wofford board. Please. Our OL had NOT looked good at all in the spring. Very CBF like. I don’t think many would deny that.

By the 3Q of wofford I felt they were doing great. Huge holes. Our OL was whooping Wofford

Now let’s see how we do v Citadel - hopefully we kill Em. Because I hated that spring game
 #44486  by gofurman
 Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:39 am
Louis Tully wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:23 pm
The title of this thread is spelled wrong. In past years the e was left off.
EXACTLY. ITS injuris. Injuris I say!

And it was my fault. Lol
 #44490  by FUPlayer74
 Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:58 am
gofurman wrote:
FUPlayer74 wrote:
gofurman wrote:
FUPlayer74 wrote:
gofurman wrote:
The Jackal wrote:

Oh 74. Time and place. Time and place man. the ability to understand two concepts at once. That post was PRIOR to our Woff game and thus based on the spring and through Mercer and I stand by it. Check the day/time of the post on Wofford board. Please. Our OL had NOT looked good at all in the spring. Very CBF like. I don’t think many would deny that.

By the 3Q of wofford I felt they were doing great. Huge holes. Our OL was whooping Wofford

Now let’s see how we do v Citadel - hopefully we kill Em. Because I hated that spring game
I think this is a good time and place to put you on ignore, as any discourse with you is a complete waste of time.
FUwolfpacker liked this
 #44653  by gofurman
 Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:56 am
FUPlayer74 wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:58 am
gofurman wrote:
FUPlayer74 wrote:
gofurman wrote:
FUPlayer74 wrote:
gofurman wrote:
The Jackal wrote:

I think this is a good time and place to put you on ignore, as any discourse with you is a complete waste of time.
74, that's rude and Stumpy has designated this board as one for only civil discourse.. that's his RULES and you just broke them. way to go man, breaking rules and stuff
 #44654  by gofurman
 Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:58 am
anyway, let's get back on track:

FYI. I meant INJURIS and that's my fault :D :D

WYNN ???

#5 Wilkins ?

Sochovka out for year - dang

**I notice this is the first week ( I think) that they list in the game notes that #5 Wilkins is officially not playing .. often the game notes take a week to catch up. Any info on him? He's a good one. Hate to not have him in the front 7 along with Sochovka - that's now 2 of our front 7 and starting to get thinner
 #44699  by gofurman
 Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:16 pm
tim wrote:
I talked to Wynn after the game. He was smiling, hugging, dancing around. Didn't mention any injury, didn't act hurt at all.
FYI - THIS IS NOT AGING WELL ... Tim, FUBeAR etc
apaladin liked this
 #44705  by The Jackal
 Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:48 pm
gofurman wrote:
tim wrote:
I talked to Wynn after the game. He was smiling, hugging, dancing around. Didn't mention any injury, didn't act hurt at all.

You have no idea why he's not in the game. It's not been reported. He was listed as the starter in the pregame. He's dressed out.
 #44711  by gofurman
 Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:05 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:48 pm
gofurman wrote:
tim wrote:
You have no idea why he's not in the game. It's not been reported. He was listed as the starter in the pregame. He's dressed out.
You really think if the POW was fully healthy he would be on sideline.. lol. and Gilby is out for academics ? L O L
 #44766  by MidlandsPaladin
 Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:39 pm
So…is Jace hurt? If so, when did it happen? Was it the sack in the 3rd quarter when his shoulder appeared to get driven into the ground or earlier in the game?
 #44767  by gofurman
 Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:57 am
MidlandsPaladin wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:39 pm
So…is Jace hurt? If so, when did it happen? Was it the sack in the 3rd quarter when his shoulder appeared to get driven into the ground or earlier in the game?
Man. Hope he is ok !!

Any word on Jace or Wynn on O?
Gilby or Wilkins on D?

Thanks!!

Recent Topics

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Default Avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by FurmanFan23

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.