• Saturday

#42244  by The Jackal
 Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:10 pm
AstroDin wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:22 pm
I think you need to listen to what the coaches are saying - Clay mentioned lots of guys out nothing serious. And a little weariness showed yesterday. This has been a hard pre-season with a lot of tackling. So yesterday was not indicative of wants going on—in the scrimmages and practices.

I'm not arguing with Apaladin but Furman has raised the speed of the receivers. I've seen it first hand in two practice sessions. Plus - I'll take Brian Bratton's option, he likes this group a lot.

The other thing to keep in mind - this is a large group of players and Clay has said over and over we're repping a lot of players on offense. That ends as of Monday as they start to prep for A&T and the other teams Furman will face.

It's always been my understanding of these scrimmages under Hendrix that he is interested in seeing reps for some of the younger guys to make a determination about who is going to get more of the focus in practice as the season starts.
DeepPurple liked this
 #42251  by DeepPurple
 Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:29 am
It was mostly around the passing game and against our excellent defense who has our O pretty figured out. There was not a lot of slamming our big backs up inside. My understanding is we will start concentrating more with 1st and 2nd team reps going forward. We have to be able to run the football, our OL will be better, IMO. If we are able to run the FB, play action will be dangerous.
 #42252  by bj93
 Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:47 am
DeepPurple wrote:
It was mostly around the passing game and against our excellent defense who has our O pretty figured out.
Along with every other defense we play against.
 #42253  by The Jackal
 Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:46 am
DeepPurple wrote:
It was mostly around the passing game and against our excellent defense who has our O pretty figured out. There was not a lot of slamming our big backs up inside. My understanding is we will start concentrating more with 1st and 2nd team reps going forward. We have to be able to run the football, our OL will be better, IMO. If we are able to run the FB, play action will be dangerous.
Looking at last spring's numbers, our passing game wasn't terrible. We threw for an average of 180+ ypg, which is a decent number of an offense wanting to do what we want to do.

If we can cut down on the negative plays on first down and limit turnovers, I think we'll be fine.
DeepPurple liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.