• 2022 Commitments

#41525  by AstroDin
 Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:52 am
at least one more commitment last night.

Lamendola posted back to back to back last night.
Part of me wonder would Furman continue to its early success in recruiting.
I would say this class is looking very good.

I don't have a subscription to 5 Star Preps but Furman commit Carson Jones is the #14 player in the 5SPTop 30 class of 2022 ranking. That would be Tennessee HS ranking.
 #41526  by The Jackal
 Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:26 am
AstroDin wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:52 am
at least one more commitment last night.

Lamendola posted back to back to back last night.
Part of me wonder would Furman continue to its early success in recruiting.
I would say this class is looking very good.

I don't have a subscription to 5 Star Preps but Furman commit Carson Jones is the #14 player in the 5SPTop 30 class of 2022 ranking. That would be Tennessee HS ranking.

Could be too that with uncertainties due to the pandemic and arguably reduced scholarship availabilities due resulting from extra eligibility for players already on the roster, that it is in a kid's best interest to take the offer he has instead of trying to wait everyone out.
 #41538  by Paul C
 Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:28 pm
FYI I will update the original post in this thread with all our commitments as they are made public by the player via social media....
Affirm, gofurman liked this
 #41625  by AstroDin
 Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:13 pm
another commitment tonight…
Last edited by AstroDin on Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FUBeAR liked this
 #41705  by AstroDin
 Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:14 pm
Charles Ingram is a 3 star
5-11 180 ATH
Ensworth HS

Offers:
Kansas
Syracuse
Army
Richmond
EKU
Harvard
Yale
Dartmouth
Princeton
Tenn St
Ark PB
apaladin liked this
 #41706  by AstroDin
 Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:27 pm
I'm going to assume Tre McLeod and Charles Ingram are going to play DB/S.
Coach Wright is building a stable of impressive athletes in the defensive backfield.

I also think Furman has two or three more commits out there.
Offers still on the table that I've found >
a couple of big DTs,
another WR,
at least one linebacker,
another DB and S
and we might still be looking for a 3rd OL commit
 #41716  by Sad Din
 Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:01 pm
AstroDin wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:08 pm
Furman is killin' it with this class - a huge pickup tonight.
Hope u r right! Look back last 3 classes and bet a soda pop that the "killin' it" with this class appears somewhere.

SD thinks they were good classes. Time to translate onto field!

Lets kill the season!
apaladin liked this
 #41717  by gofurman
 Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:10 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:01 pm
AstroDin wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:08 pm
Furman is killin' it with this class - a huge pickup tonight.
Hope u r right! Look back last 3 classes and bet a soda pop that the "killin' it" with this class appears somewhere.

SD thinks they were good classes. Time to translate onto field!

Lets kill the season!
Yep. Really appreciate all this from Astro and Paul!! I do! Not sure I buy all the hype after the last several games though. Not just spring but Austin Peay etc. Let’s make a playoff run to second round or so. If the players are this good that’s not asking too much. Win the SoCon! Beat Woff and Citadel
MidlandsPaladin, Jasper liked this
 #41718  by AstroDin
 Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:53 pm
—all you can go by when it comes to recruiting is what we see on the field. I don't think the spring tells us a complete story. This season I admit will be telling.

The good news AGAIN we're beating out our competition for players. Ingram could have picked Richmond, Syracuse, or Kansas - he didn't. Add that he plays for a very solid program (Ensworth).

I'm going to still celebrate a future player's commitment.

To GoFurman's point, I guess - related to ASPU - players like Ingram, are you need to man up, and ballhawk against athletic teams.

Oh and BYT we got another commitment.
DeepPurple liked this
 #41721  by gofurman
 Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:04 am
Astro, I agree on three fronts. One - Ingram looks like a great get. All you can do is evaluate and if the other offers are FBS that says a lot. Sure guys slip through the cracks (Ivory) but usually the good ones have a few FBS offers (Ingle Martin played at some Florida school I think….). Two, I think it’s great to be positive and celebrate getting. a guy. Also, I agree thus year and next will be very very telling. If it’s an OL QB Thing then you have two years to get other guys in. If we don’t look somewhat better by late 21 and certainly 22 then something may be inherently off

I hope we win every game!
 #41723  by The Jackal
 Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:00 am
gofurman wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:04 am
Astro, I agree on three fronts. One - Ingram looks like a great get. All you can do is evaluate and if the other offers are FBS that says a lot. Sure guys slip through the cracks (Ivory) but usually the good ones have a few FBS offers (Ingle Martin played at some Florida school I think….). Two, I think it’s great to be positive and celebrate getting. a guy. Also, I agree thus year and next will be very very telling. If it’s an OL QB Thing then you have two years to get other guys in. If we don’t look somewhat better by late 21 and certainly 22 then something may be inherently off

I hope we win every game!
Martin's probably a bad example. I doubt he was on any FCS/I-AA team's radar coming out of high school
 #41725  by AstroDin
 Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:31 am
^^^ ditto

I don't want to raise expectations but I agree with your point GoFu. At the FCS level and at a higher-academic institution that doesn't lower standards for athletes like others (school nearby and another school comes to mind) you have to build your program from a combination of players that slip through the cracks, off the radar kids, and you have to beat out your direct competition for some players. There was a time Lamb and Fowler era we lost players on a regular basis to Wofford, Chatty, and W&M, and Richmond.

In the last three classes, that's not happening. When we do go head to head we're getting our top-of-the-board picks. Last year's class of players could have gone to just about any southern FCS school from Wofford to Richmond, as well as any academy. Several had more FBS offers than FCS offers.

Let's look at a few examples —

Bryce Stainfield — has FBS size, 6-2 252 DE. Bryce had 25 offers - his first offer was App St, soon after Coastal and Wake jumped in. Furman offered right after and he committed to the DINS on July 28. Based on what I see on Twitter I will be surprised if Bryce doesn't make a big impact this fall. The dude is focused, intense, and has a passion for football.

Jace Wilson — had three offers and committed very early on July 3rd. Furman was on Jace early he made a big splash as newcomer of the year at Del Valle in Austin, TX. I know a little about Del Valle have a very good friend that went there. RIght before the season was to start Jace's father a football position coach took the OC job at Mayde Creek in Houston, one of the best football districts talent-wise in the entire country.

His numbers weren't as eye-popping at Mayde. 2,526 yards and 27 touchdowns as a junior at Del Valle. Named 25-6A Newcomer of the Year. As a senior at Mayde Creek completed 126x221 passes for 1,680 yards and seven touchdowns and rushed for 307 yards and five scores.

IMO, if you watch film on Jace, he's very athletic (Jayson Foster) shifty, and he has a big arm, and he's a coach's son. It will be interesting to see if he earns PT in the fall. I think QB will come down to Sisson, Minson, and Wilson and we will see all three in the mix.

This incoming class has two more players with at least 20 offers — Tommy Beuglas LB (20) from Buford and Landon Whittemore TE (23) from TN.

I think the real key to putting a better team on the field is going to be the rest of the class. Players like Jordan Bass a DT that had 13 offers, Amaah Achina an OLB that had 13 offers (including ECU), Myion Hicks a RB that had 10 offers (Wofford, AFA, Navy), and Joshua Harris a long WR (6-2) had 10 offers including Air Force, Navy, and Bowling Green. No slight on the rest of the 2020 class — Alex Cain OL had 15 offers, Christian Paraison another DE 6-3 248 had 12 offers, and Jack Healy another TE had 9 offers.

The fall will show us a lot — how does DiMaggio play? How do Gunn, Hughes, and Thomas perform? Luke Clark? As I look at the 2019 class — how does that OL class contribute (Hundley, Davis, Wilson)?

My point isn't to make excuses or blow smoke up your a$$e$.

There was a time not that long ago where Furman was competing for players against Big South schools. Furman was undersized and moved players into other position needs. I'm not sure when we had a class bring in two DE's of the size and athletic ability of Stainfield and Paraison???

I know we all have some level of anxiety on how well this fall's version of the Paladins will perform - especially offensively. CCH and staff had their first losing season — being an armchair recruiting troller I saw 2021 recruiting as a big test. Could Furman continue to come out of the gate strong with early momentum and beat out its rivals? Such as getting Carson Jones to commit to Furman over Mercer.
fupaladin01, FU3, apaladin and 1 others liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Default Avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by FurmanFan23

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.