• CCH Post Game

#39947  by Rokawaylifer
 Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:31 pm
S and c guy needs to go. Our o line was pussified. I know what these s and c guys are doing today and it’s not about getting strong. Squat. Add 5 pounds every workout. Rinse and repeat. But do you have the balls to do it. It’s hard.
bj93 liked this
 #39948  by Rokawaylifer
 Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:41 pm
I guarantee I will bet my life those o line guys are not lifting heavy. They are probably on balance balls or some stupid shit. Doing some stupid ass thing that sez you’re body is in balance?
 #39950  by Rokawaylifer
 Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:48 pm
What should have changed ? Did our o line get stronger and faster? That’s a very measurable metric. Silence.
 #39952  by The Jackal
 Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:21 pm
Paladin91 wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:08 pm
Jackal,

Let's also not forget that DG was so bad that he was on the Jerry Rice award watch list midway through the last season. I know, just horrible, below HS standards.
https://herosports.com/football-2019-vo ... ward-bzbz/
I mean, Grainger got a lot of press for his effort against Georgia State, which was an excellent game.

Look at Grainger's 2019 and Sisson this season. I think it will add some perspective.
 #39954  by Rokawaylifer
 Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:33 pm
Paul Anderson attended fu as a freshman.
Perhaps the strongest man who ever lived. The Russian lifters. Great as they were . feared him. Our o line play will improve if we lift heavy weights and push the prowler. It’s really simple. Don’t do anything else.
 #39960  by gofurman
 Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:02 am
Rokawaylifer wrote:
S and c guy needs to go. Our o line was pussified. I know what these s and c guys are doing today and it’s not about getting strong. Squat. Add 5 pounds every workout. Rinse and repeat. But do you have the balls to do it. It’s hard.
that's odd - maybe you are right.. but I have always heard from good sources that S and C coach is awesome
 #39962  by Roundball
 Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:33 am
Rokawaylifer wrote:
Looks like the nasty language poster is back under a different name.
 #39964  by DeepPurple
 Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:13 am
There are many things said here that are true and many opinions. I would think most are correct. IF we had played in the fall, we would have had the QB pair and probably been pretty good. We would have had our big receiver and 2nd rb. Covid and the transfer portal were not our friend. Those 2 were a good fit with both as QBS, when one did not have it, the other did. We lost that this spring. We get no help from the transfer portal coming to Furman. Just about all the teams in our conference do. I trust that CCH will get things back in order. I don't think you will see him throwing coaches or players under the bus. He takes the blame and I would expect he is beat down. He continues to act like a class act. We are not good on offense, no doubt. I do look forward to our recruiting class getting on campus, we have recruited well over the past 3 years. As far as dealing with Covid, we probably did the best job of keeping our players well and doing what we were supposed to do.
 #39969  by apaladin
 Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:00 pm
Its good that CCH takes the blame but does that fix or help anything?
 #39981  by Paladin91
 Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:40 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:21 pm
Paladin91 wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:08 pm
Jackal,

Let's also not forget that DG was so bad that he was on the Jerry Rice award watch list midway through the last season. I know, just horrible, below HS standards.
https://herosports.com/football-2019-vo ... ward-bzbz/
I mean, Grainger got a lot of press for his effort against Georgia State, which was an excellent game.

Look at Grainger's 2019 and Sisson this season. I think it will add some perspective.
Go back to my post on previous page...plenty of true perspective there.
 #40058  by Rokawaylifer
 Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:57 pm
Gojo,

And maybe I’m wrong. I too have heard good things. But did the o line get stronger and faster from previous year? That’s what I’d be interested in knowing. A simple question. Occams razor kinda thing. We’ll never know. I can tell you the only way to get really strong is to squat heavy. Anybody wanna disagree have at it. As others have noted it was a veteran unit. But it seems they kinda got pushed around. I hope I’m saying this gently enough to not offend anyone. Especially for that cur who accused me of indecent language. I hope this queens English meets his approval.

that's odd - maybe you are right.. but I have always heard from good sources that S and C coach is awesome
[/quote]
 #40060  by Paul C
 Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:09 pm
I wonder if “COVID spring” led to some of our guys getting out of shape, and then, looking at their last season dumbed down to a weird spring partial-season, they didn’t work as hard as they could to get back in shape? Seemed to me most of the guys on the OL that appeared to regress were Srs...
 #40061  by Rokawaylifer
 Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:37 pm
Poop
Roundball wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:33 am
Rokawaylifer wrote:
Looks like the nasty language poster is back under a different name.
tim liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.