• 2021 Spring Season and Fall Season

#38366  by gofurman
 Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:40 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:31 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:03 pm
First off I NEVER SAID we aren’t getting better. I said hopefully the remaining games will demonstrate the improvement we hoped to see. To me that is the same thing as “letting the season play out”.

I operate using sort of a scientific method. My null hypothesis is that this team is the same as last year’s team until evidence shows me otherwise. Others appear to use the hypothesis, “The team has significantly improved unless a large amount of evidence indicates otherwise.” That doesn’t make much sense to me.

I’m going to chalk up “JMU almost lost to Elon. Elon is bad. Therefore Furman has clearly improved” to Covid brain fog.
LOL - not the stated conclusion (I reached or was endorsing). The correct conclusion is FCS Spring Football is a (beautiful) mess. You can’t trust any pre-conceived notions about any Team.

My conclusions about FU are that the Defense is definitely improved & the Offense has a higher ceiling now in comparison to 2019. But, the O has not yet learned fully how to impose their will on the opponents’ D’s. They aren’t yet fully EXPECTING to pick up 1st downs on 3rd & 4. They’re somewhere between HOPING they can and being FAIRLY CONFIDENT they can.

The 4th Quarter & OT last week just may be the oxygen they needed to light that EXPECT SUCCESS fire. They imposed their will on Sammy’s D in the 4th quarter & OT. Now, that’s not necessarily saying they can do that vs. NDSU yet...or maybe not even on ETSU, but we’ll find out soon and they took another step toward reaching that ceiling last Sat.
FUBeAR, I think that is a reasonable take..

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.