• Feb. 27 - VMI

#37243  by FUBeAR
 Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:15 pm
apaladin wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:06 pm
FBS was a minimum of 55 scholarship players available or no players available for a position group. Such as no offensive linemen available. I’m guessing SoCon is somewhat different.
No Players available or not enough to meet the minimum number of players for a position group...i.e.,

5 OLmen
1 QB
5 WR/TE’s and/or RB’s

3 DLmen
2 LB’s
3 DB’s
(I know that don’t sum up to 11 - D has more flexibility in alignments; O has rules to folly. Honestly, a D could line up with 11 DLmen or 11 DB’s - I’ve seen ‘em line up with 9 DB’s)

Honest question...have no idea of the answer, but I’d like to see a Team try to play a game with 1 OLman.
 #37267  by The Jackal
 Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:37 pm
Went back to the record books. Furman is 1980-1 over the last 40 years or so.

Had to pull the lopsided loss in 2014 for curiosity's sake. Furman lost 31-15 to a 2-10 VMI team whose only other win was against Davidson.

Furman went down 24-0 and had only 82 rushing yards. First half for Furman went missed FG, punt, punt, fumble, punt.

We've come a long way in the last few years.
 #37276  by AstroDin
 Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:04 pm
just a couple of depth chart moves for Saturday

Johanning at LG - Clark Daniel backup
J Harris at RG - Wyatt Hughes at backup
McKinney or Kroeber at RT
 #37281  by apaladin
 Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:27 pm
So far, but don’t hold your bresth.
 #37283  by AstroDin
 Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:43 pm
I read somewhere that most FCS schools are testing on Wednesday… and based on the interview with the VMI coach they've been having COIVD issues with the team - he kinda skipped over it mentioning players stepping up and adjusting to playing another position. If they're a go as of tomorrow I'd say its gonna happen.
 #37345  by The Jackal
 Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:06 am
AstroDin wrote:
I read somewhere that most FCS schools are testing on Wednesday… and based on the interview with the VMI coach they've been having COIVD issues with the team - he kinda skipped over it mentioning players stepping up and adjusting to playing another position. If they're a go as of tomorrow I'd say its gonna happen.
I would have to think so, considering the team will likely leave on Friday.
 #37353  by apaladin
 Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:26 am
Their baseball team called off their series with NC State on Friday morning just hours before the first game. They then played on Tuesday. 😳😳
 #37355  by Furmanoid
 Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:44 am
apaladin wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:26 am
Their baseball team called off their series with NC State on Friday morning just hours before the first game. They then played on Tuesday. 😳😳
Seems like Wednesday results should be in by now doesn’t it? Looks like a go.
 #37364  by apaladin
 Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:47 pm
The Jackal wrote:
AstroDin wrote:
No likely to it, they always leave the day before especially for a 1:30 kick.
 #37373  by The Jackal
 Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:51 pm
apaladin wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:47 pm
The Jackal wrote:
AstroDin wrote:
No likely to it, they always leave the day before especially for a 1:30 kick.

Bit strong to use "always" when referencing a season where hardly anything is normal, in my opinion.
FUBeAR liked this
 #37374  by The Jackal
 Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:06 pm
Sort of a curious meteorological issue I noticed during last week's game - even though the kick off time was roughly "standard," the lighting was peculiar for a home football game. I actually think it screwed with the broadcast some early on because the field was covered in more shadow than normal.

Looks like the weather on Saturday at VMI is supposed to be wet and probably chilly. VMI, notably, does not have lights on their football field (or at least have not in the past). Reports suggest that sunset is almost an hour earlier Saturday than it would have been on October 3, 2020 - the original date for the game.

This has nothing to do with the x's or o's, but just an interesting quirk of the 2021 spring season. If it's cloudy and a four hour game, I imagine we'll have some interesting lighting late in that contest.
 #37377  by gofurman
 Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:42 pm
AstroDin wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:04 pm
just a couple of depth chart moves for Saturday

Johanning at LG - Clark Daniel backup
J Harris at RG - Wyatt Hughes at backup
McKinney or Kroeber at RT
So would the starting OL (DL rotated a lot -which is awesome. OL did have more “starters” first three Qs). Now be. Jumper center. Johanning LG. Harris RG. McKinney or Kroeber RT. LT Tomlin?

Kroeber has 30 starts. Just odd to see him 50/50. But glad Harris is healthy!

Recent Topics

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Default Avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by FurmanFan23

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.