• Schedule Announced

 #23548  by Affirm
 Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:19 pm
The schedule is what it is. I accept it for 2020, of course. However, for the future I stand by my strategy as stated in post #23382, 12/27/19, 1:44 PM.
 #23549  by FUBeAR
 Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:46 pm
Davemeister wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:04 am
GSU & ASU are gone and they are NOT coming back. Time to move on, folks.
Who?
Davemeister liked this
 #23553  by fufanatic
 Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:27 pm
This is amazing ... Furman falls right between at Oklahoma and a home game against Florida on UT's schedule. If there was ever a time for a team to overlook an opponent, or not be able to get up for a game, this is it. It's possible. Let's shock the world just like Georgia State did.
Flagman, dornb liked this
 #23555  by The Jackal
 Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:30 pm
fufanatic wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:27 pm
This is amazing ... Furman falls right between at Oklahoma and a home game against Florida on UT's schedule. If there was ever a time for a team to overlook an opponent, or not be able to get up for a game, this is it. It's possible. Let's shock the world just like Georgia State did.
Similar situation to the year we beat UCF - they were not particularly good, but the Furman game fell in between games against Stanford and South Carolina.

Not sure after last year's embarrassment that UT is going to overlook anyone, though. Of all the SEC teams we could play, though, they aren't the most intimidating.
 #23557  by fufanatic
 Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:08 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:30 pm
fufanatic wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:27 pm
This is amazing ... Furman falls right between at Oklahoma and a home game against Florida on UT's schedule. If there was ever a time for a team to overlook an opponent, or not be able to get up for a game, this is it. It's possible. Let's shock the world just like Georgia State did.
Not sure after last year's embarrassment that UT is going to overlook anyone, though. Of all the SEC teams we could play, though, they aren't the most intimidating.
Completely agree. I do think UT is on the right path with their new coach but they aren't there yet. It's at least in the realm of possibility that we can pull an upset, especially when compared to LSU, Alabama, Auburn, Georgia and Florida. I agree they probably won't overlook anyone, but not being up for the game with those two opponents on the docket could be a possibility. Looking forward to it regardless. Hoping to make the trip.
 #23558  by The Jackal
 Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:17 pm
fufanatic wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:08 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:30 pm
fufanatic wrote:
[...]
I watched a lot of their game against Georgia State. UT was clearly superior athletically and had a size advantage across the board. They were poorly coached. Not sure that will improve next year.

I expect them to be a bit like Virginia Tech. It'd be a notable upset, but not outside the realm of possibility.
 #23559  by cavedweller2
 Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:24 pm
Somehow UT won 8 games in spite of their coaching.
 #23560  by The Jackal
 Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:46 pm
cavedweller2 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:24 pm
Somehow UT won 8 games in spite of their coaching.
They were blown out against all three good teams they played. A lot of their wins were squeakers.
 #23561  by cavedweller2
 Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:53 pm
Exactly.
 #23569  by Affirm
 Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:21 pm
Mud chigger68 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:59 pm
Greenville News says game with UT is a first. Not so, played them for 2 years, 40-41 or 41-42
Greenville News! Ha ha ha ha!
 #23570  by Affirm
 Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:22 pm
Mud chigger68 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:59 pm
Greenville News says game with UT is a first. Not so, played them for 2 years, 40-41 or 41-42
Greenville News! Ha ha ha ha!
 #23574  by apaladin
 Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:11 am
At least the GNews mentioned the schedule. Channel 4 sure didn’t.
 #23681  by Roundball
 Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:41 am
Mud chigger68 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:59 pm
Greenville News says game with UT is a first. Not so, played them for 2 years, 40-41 or 41-42
FWIW, I e-mailed Jim Rice, the sports editor about this mistake and to his credit, he quickly responded that the first press release sent from Hunter Reid said the game with UT was a first. Below is the press release.