• UTC 34 Citadel 33

#20700  by apaladin
 Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:33 am
MNORM wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:33 pm
Paladin91 wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:52 pm
Unfortunate for the Citadel. With a win over us and a win over Wofford next week, I think they're more worthy to make the playoffs, especially with the FBS win over GA Tech.
Respectfully disagree. Citadel has four losses to mediocre FCS teams. G-Tech is an awful football team...akin to us beating UCF in 2015. There are MANY more teams deserving of an at-large bid.
Slight correction, Citadel has 5 losses.
 #20701  by apaladin
 Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:37 am
gofurman wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:21 am
I ask again. - Shoukd I be pulling for Woff or Citadel next week?

I assume Citadel since that would give us a back to back SoCon title at 6-2 w Furman and Woff and Chatt. Or does that hurt our playoff chances for Woff to lose? As it makes our loss look worse? I THINK we are in playoffs w our ranking (probably 16 after this week) so I am assuming I pull for a Citadel win to add a SoCon title ? Thoughts ?
Probably doesn't matter. Probably would be better that WC wins. Another "shared" title would be bittersweet anyway.
 #20712  by MNORM
 Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:42 am
apaladin wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:33 am
MNORM wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:33 pm
Paladin91 wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:52 pm
Unfortunate for the Citadel. With a win over us and a win over Wofford next week, I think they're more worthy to make the playoffs, especially with the FBS win over GA Tech.
Respectfully disagree. Citadel has four losses to mediocre FCS teams. G-Tech is an awful football team...akin to us beating UCF in 2015. There are MANY more teams deserving of an at-large bid.
Slight correction, Citadel has 5 losses.
I'm aware. I wasn't counting Towson, as I consider them better than mediocre. But yes, they have 5 total losses...4 to mediocre (at best) FCS teams. Beating an awful FBS team doesn't overshadow that fact.

Recent Topics

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Default Avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by FurmanFan23

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.