#1949  by Flagman
 Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:47 pm
Bootie wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:23 am
Flagman wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:39 pm
I rest my case.
What case??
That there's no need for a secondary logo. The Diamond IS forever.
Paladin82, Bootie, apaladin liked this
 #1951  by The Jackal
 Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:05 am
Flagman wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:47 pm
Bootie wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:23 am
Flagman wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:39 pm
I rest my case.
What case??
That there's no need for a secondary logo. The Diamond IS forever.

Crossing over from another thread, here’s a video on how Samford came to change up a lot of their logo and branding over the last year or two

Samford does not have the athletic identity Furman does, but that is a good viedo on the process of changing up your university’s image.

Also, it confirms my theory about why Samford has gone to “Sam.” I suppose their market research indicated that a lot of people confuse the university with Stanford, so they emphasize “Sam not Stan.”

Anyway, that has nothing to do with Furman football.
 #2027  by FUBeAR
 Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:06 am
The Jackal wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:30 am
Roster updated: http://furmanpaladins.com/sports/m-foot ... -19/roster
Any changes of note?
 #2029  by The Jackal
 Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:11 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:06 am
The Jackal wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:30 am
Roster updated: http://furmanpaladins.com/sports/m-foot ... -19/roster
Any changes of note?

Mostly numerical, I think. There are a couple of absences of guys we already assumed were not on the roster. None of the heights and weights appear to have changed, which I assume will be updated when they report for preseason practice.

It looks like a few guys moved from DE to DT (Lawrence and Sochovka), which is not a huge deal as the positions are largely the same.

I think our ILB group will have a lot of available snaps for younger guys. Voyles and McKoy have played a good bit, but not a lot of battle-tested players in that group.

Large group of Safeties (10), and I don't expect they will all stay there. Harden moved over from CB.

We also have a large number of WRs (10), none of which are seniors. Not sure what to make of that. Jackson Dozier, for instance, who I know virtually nothing about, moved from QB to WR.

Still a pretty young team. I count 11 seniors.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:09 pm

Default Avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:51 pm

User avatar Roster Addition

by cavedweller2

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:10 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.