• Injuris

#18251  by gofurman
 Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:19 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:25 am
saltyshaker wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:15 am
hopefully with the bye week we can get maples back for the conference run although abrams and others are playing well at rb.more depth never hurts.
I want to say that was perhaps the first game since Georgia State that we had Wynn, Watkins, and Anderson all available for the whole game.

I'd love to see Maples and Shiflett back. I'm not sure what the status is with Bell, but if he's a full go at some point, that guy can be electric in the passing and return game.

You put a shifty player like Bell rotating into this offense and that's going to give defenses one more headache to worry about.
right, people say, well it happens but CH has said we want as many playmakers on field as we can get and Bell is a play maker - we want hin on field !!!
 #18253  by apaladin
 Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:31 pm
I think Dominic Roberto has played very well in Maples absence. He is a tough runner.
 #18254  by gofurman
 Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:24 pm
apaladin wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:31 pm
I think Dominic Roberto has played very well in Maples absence. He is a tough runner.
right. I meant Bell in my post above - he did some great things on KO last year
 #18256  by AstroDin
 Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:20 pm
Furman's six games into the season - with five SoCon games to go.
At this point makes sense to me that he plays four of the five remaining SoCon games and takes a redshirt.
FUKA61 liked this
 #18257  by apaladin
 Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:02 pm
AstroDin wrote:
At this point makes sense to me that he plays four of the five remaining SoCon games and takes a redshirt.
Are you talking about Bell? What about the playoffs?
 #18258  by gofurman
 Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:13 pm
apaladin wrote:
AstroDin wrote:
no jinx!!! it becomes an interesting dilemma - what about playoffs? Interesting to see what they do with Bell or D Roberto etc and the freshman in general.. I think you try to redshirt as much as possible but its a balance w trying to win now. If Roberto is needed for more than 4 games of use well, go for it as it seems Maples is out for now. Austin Jones? Has he played one game or not - not snarky, just askin?
 #18262  by fufanatic
 Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:09 am
apaladin wrote:
AstroDin wrote:
I think it's safe to assume that Bell is not playing this year since no word of him has been spoken by the coaches or anyone else at Furman. But he is on the sidelines, so I'm expecting he will be back next year.
 #18263  by FU3
 Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:44 am
I am pretty sure Bell will be playing the 4 games allowed under Red Shirt rules.He was available if needed last Saturday and fortunately wasn't vaguely needed. I believe he is going to be a special player when his number is called.
FUKA61 liked this
 #18265  by The Jackal
 Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:04 pm
FU3 wrote:
I am pretty sure Bell will be playing the 4 games allowed under Red Shirt rules.He was available if needed last Saturday and fortunately wasn't vaguely needed. I believe he is going to be a special player when his number is called.
I doubt he'd be in uniform and on the travel squad if there was no chance he'd be playing.

I expect the coaching staff has a plan for how they want to use him this season.
 #18266  by The Jackal
 Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:07 pm
Incidentally, redshirting Bell - if possible - seems like it could be a great option for both team and player. Thomas Gordon is graduating and there will be a need for an heir apparent to the flanker position. Bell could be "the" guy for a few years.
gman84, PalaDad liked this
 #18267  by apaladin
 Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:49 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Incidentally, redshirting Bell - if possible - seems like it could be a great option for both team and player. Thomas Gordon is graduating and there will be a need for an heir apparent to the flanker position. Bell could be "the" guy for a few years.
If that is the plan then there would be no need not to play him the 4 games allowed. I would hold him out against WCU and Point, that would be the 4 games allowed. Then if we get into the playoffs a decision would have to be made.
 #18269  by The Jackal
 Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:12 pm
apaladin wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:49 pm
The Jackal wrote:
If that is the plan then there would be no need not to play him the 4 games allowed. I would hold him out against WCU and Point, that would be the 4 games allowed. Then if we get into the playoffs a decision would have to be made.
Thankfully, our offense has been scoring well enough that you can be judicious with available resources.
 #18271  by gofurman
 Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:44 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:04 pm
FU3 wrote:
I doubt he'd be in uniform and on the travel squad if there was no chance he'd be playing.

I expect the coaching staff has a plan for how they want to use him this season.
agree - nothing private here at all. The team tweeted publicly that he dressed and traveled for the first time this year at Sam and I am glad to see he is available. With that information I bet it's more like 80%+ he does play for at least the 4 games and then we will see
 #18275  by FurmAlum
 Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:46 pm
It would be neat if the 4 games Bell played were 4 playoff games.
FUKA61, QCGlue liked this
 #18286  by Affirm
 Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:48 am
FurmAlum wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:46 pm
It would be neat if the 4 games Bell played were 4 playoff games.
Even neater if the first of the 4 is December 7, 2019.
Hoping for a Bye on November 30. (I realize we have our work cut out to receive just a Bid, and much more so a Bye.)
So it would be even neater if the 4 games Bell played were:
December 7
December 14
December 21
January 11.
With all due respect to the "no jinx !!!" statement in #18258 by gofurman Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:13 pm.
I am not even counting on even being in the playoffs, much less getting a Bye, and much less getting to the championship game.
gofurman liked this