• We are good

#17271  by The Jackal
 Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:51 am
tim wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:44 am
This team is obviously on a different level than what we have seen in the past few years.
Scary thought - we are playing a lot of freshmen.
 #17274  by gman84
 Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:58 am
The Jackal wrote:
tim wrote:
This team is obviously on a different level than what we have seen in the past few years.
Our recruiting is on a different level!
FUKA61, AstroDin liked this
 #17275  by Davemeister
 Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:00 am
Hard to believe DG is a R-Fr. He could turn out to be the best QB in Furman history.
FUKA61 liked this
 #17284  by apaladin
 Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:01 pm
The Jackal wrote:
tim wrote:
Of the 97 players listed on the roster, 47 are either freshmen or red-shirt freshmen.
dornb, QCGlue liked this
 #17289  by AstroDin
 Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:41 pm
Watched the replay of the game. Impressed even more by the performance.

Grainger's throw, while being hit and falling backward, fell incomplete. When you watch it in replay it's still impressive. The thing that impresses me about Grainger is his poise.

My take on what is different about this team compared to recent Paladin teams… athletic ability. Mercer has impressed me the last several years - yesterday we out hit'em and we outplayed them in space.
 #17290  by gofurman
 Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:42 pm
Agree w freshman comments though I am a BIG believer in OL play and trenches. And our OL - which made that rushing game yesterday - is starting all R-Jr... R-JR.. R-JR and R-Senior.. At Center it's Neely or Jumper being Junior or Freshman. Though there is pretty good rotation but on OL we do tend to keep Layton etc out there. Pretty crazy to think we have a freshman hiking to a R-Fr some plays.
 #17291  by gofurman
 Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:42 pm
AstroDin wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:41 pm
Watched the replay of the game. Impressed even more by the performance.

Grainger's throw, while being hit and falling backward, fell incomplete. When you watch it in replay it's still impressive. The thing that impresses me about Grainger is his poise.

My take on what is different about this team compared to recent Paladin teams… athletic ability. Mercer has impressed me the last several years - yesterday we out hit'em and we outplayed them in space.
Astro - please check your PM - thanks !
 #17312  by fufanatic
 Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:54 pm
In my humble opinion, this Furman team would beat every Furman team since 2006 by at least two scores.
dornb liked this
 #17316  by apaladin
 Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:31 am
I just watched the replay. That was a very solid performance. The defense looked so different. It's been a long time since we actually broke up or intercepted that many passes. Heck we have had game where the defense never got a hand on a pass. If you do watch a replay Pete Yanity does a long interview with new AD Jason Donnelly. .
 #17318  by dornb
 Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:54 am
apaladin wrote:
I just watched the replay. That was a very solid performance. The defense looked so different. It's been a long time since we actually broke up or intercepted that many passes. Heck, we have had games where the defense never got a hand on a pass. If you do watch a replay Pete Yanity does a long interview with new AD Jason Donnelly. .
That interview was very annoying! We were not able to come to the game, so we were watching it. Pete totally stopped calling the game to talk to the AD for at least 20 minutes. That interview should have been at halftime, or at least, keep calling the game as the interview continued.
furman88, bj93 liked this
 #17322  by AstroDin
 Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:27 am
dornb wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:54 am
apaladin wrote:
I just watched the replay. That was a very solid performance. The defense looked so different. It's been a long time since we actually broke up or intercepted that many passes. Heck, we have had games where the defense never got a hand on a pass. If you do watch a replay Pete Yanity does a long interview with new AD Jason Donnelly. .
That interview was very annoying! We were not able to come to the game, so we were watching it. Pete totally stopped calling the game to talk to the AD for at least 20 minutes. That interview should have been at halftime, or at least, keep calling the game as the interview continued.
I thought the same thing on the replay… if I was a betting man we'll be playing Nova in the coming years. I'd be up for that.
dornb liked this
 #17339  by JohnW
 Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:51 am
Cool thing about the interview was it coincided with that rash of penalties. Made that easier to take.