#16090  by gofurman
 Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:17 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:43 am
gofurman wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:22 am
AstroDin wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:54 am
I like what I'm hearing from the FU coaches and players, an excellent new post on the Gville times - a tad old news but still a good post for all the people who don't get there news on gopaladins.com

I'm excited to watch the running game - and if Furman's depth plays a role against CSU. I expect a lot of rotations on offense as well as a lot of sub-packages on defense.

Anything can happen it's the first game against a new-look team, so we might dance a bit early to figure out what the BUCS plan to do. I expect Furman to put the pressure on in the second half.
agree w Astro. We have no idea what plays they run so even if we are better as suspected it could take a while. On other hand, they are learning on the fly w new system. Should benefit us. Hopefully depth and experience allow us to pull away in 2nd half. not greedy - just win this one ! it's been said so many times but 0-3 two years in a row. Players could use an early win to get confident. so any win is a good win...

If we could get reps for lots of guys that would be great but thats a bonus. Want to see good QB play and DL/DB play
Honestly, there are so many different offenses in the SoCon, there's really nothing they can throw at us that we haven't seen.

We probably know more about them that you might expect.
I am sure. I know our coaches will study the OC and DC. And what they ran before. Still important details like ... in this formation they run to the right side 61% of the time are hard to know w Denson putting his stamp on the program along w the OC etc. the HC may say to the OC ‘run that play but let’s change the formation slightly or run left more than you did at your prior school. Sort of 80/20 rule. 80 pct what the oc did plus 20 pct what HC says to alter?
 #16096  by Flagman
 Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:36 pm
I have confidence that our coaches will have the Paladins ready to play.