• Info on 2019 Football Poster

#15346  by JohnKX512
 Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:52 am
Why is the helmet hidden and there are no Diamond F logos?

Just curious if there have been any adjustments to the helmet?

I don't mind the grey (as a Georgia fan I would rather call them Silver Britches). Totally agree the black should be gone forever.
 #15347  by apaladin
 Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:16 am
I think there is the diamond F on the pants. Now you've got me worried about the helmet!! :( The helmet should be featured in any poster/promotion.
 #15348  by cavedweller2
 Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:20 am
Paul C wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:00 am
apaladin wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:08 pm
Hate the white on grey. Looks just like Citadel. Not a fan of the poster either.
of course you're not
LOL. Coffee spew on monitor.
 #15351  by Flagman
 Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:53 pm
gofurman wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:29 pm
Poster is fine.. yeah, the gray is 'iffy' but if the kids like it and it helps keep the recruiting going I am for it
They said the same thing about the black. Where's that today?
 #15354  by gofurman
 Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:38 pm
Flagman wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:53 pm
gofurman wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:29 pm
Poster is fine.. yeah, the gray is 'iffy' but if the kids like it and it helps keep the recruiting going I am for it
They said the same thing about the black. Where's that today?
Fair enough. But you all often tell me to 'trust the coaches'. :D Well the prior coaches thought black was good.. these new coaches think grey is good - Though I find that interesting for a group led by CH who HATED Citadel. It would be different if it were a set of coaches w no ol' school Furman ties but I admit I am a little surprised that CH allowed colors so close to Citadel.. oh well, not a big deal to me.
 #15360  by paladinfan12
 Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:42 am
The team can do whatever they please with the uniforms. I'd imagine it gets boring with the same pants every game. Uniforms change every couple years anyways. Both black and gray have been used by several other teams across many different sports.
AstroDin liked this
 #15361  by AstroDin
 Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:20 am
I'm guessing if you poll the team - they love the addition of Armour Gray. I've mentioned a few times before Purple and White as a color combination often have a complementary color - Silver, Black, Gold are the common ones.

Examples; Washington Huskies, TCU Horned Frogs, Northwestern, K-State, ECU, Western Carolina to name a few.

Purple and White is perfectly fine and IMO a classic combo that should forever be Furman's go-to combination. But there is history here. I'd have to ask Dennis Zeiger - I believe he visits this forum to jump in here, The first Diamond F helmet was a silver helmet, not a white helmet, also early on I think silver britches were worn, as well as Furman had a silver prominent stripe on the pants and helmet.

I like how Furman Football positioned the Gray as Armour Gray and with the current uni design - we now have a crisp, military-inspired look. I think the poster looks great, it's building a brand that's gritty, and I bet for high schoolers relevancy.

* I'll also take a hit on the black - had no problem with that too = a bit of honesty it was a trend folly - and grew tired quickly. I don't think GRAY will do the same. Part of the problem with that batch of black era unis - they looked dated right after they came out. IMO a poor Nike design.
 #15362  by Flagman
 Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:31 am
AstroDin wrote:
I'm guessing if you poll the team - they love the addition of Armour Gray. I've mentioned a few times before Purple and White as a color combination often have a complementary color - Silver, Black, Gold are the common ones.

Examples; Washington Huskies, TCU Horned Frogs, Northwestern, K-State, ECU, Western Carolina to name a few.

Purple and White is perfectly fine and IMO a classic combo that should forever be Furman's go-to combination. But there is history here. I'd have to ask Dennis Zeiger - I believe he visits this forum to jump in here, The first Diamond F helmet was a silver helmet, not a white helmet, also early on I think silver britches were worn, as well as Furman had a silver prominent stripe on the pants and helmet.

I like how Furman Football positioned the Gray as Armour Gray and with the current uni design - we now have a crisp, military-inspired look. I think the poster looks great, it's building a brand that's gritty, and I bet for high schoolers relevancy.

* I'll also take a hit on the black - had no problem with that too = a bit of honesty it was a trend folly - and grew tired quickly. I don't think GRAY will do the same. Part of the problem with that batch of black era unis - they looked dated right after they came out. IMO a poor Nike design.
The key word there, "Nike".
 #15363  by gman
 Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:45 am
Flagman wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:31 am
AstroDin wrote:

The key word there, "Nike".
Please. No politics allowed. It’s time for some football.
AstroDin, Flagman, hypercycloid and 1 others liked this
 #15408  by fufanatic
 Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:41 am
The main reason why I like the grey and didn't like the black is for the reason Astro mentioned. The black looked super cheap, and these don't. Nike failed in that era of Furman uniforms, but has improved greatly, IMO. Grey to me is also a better complimentary color than black, and as noted again by Astro, does have some historical significance in Furman football history.
 #15410  by Flagman
 Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:26 am
I don’t remember any comments about a cheap look when the black jerseys were revealed.
 #15412  by fufanatic
 Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:34 pm
Flagman wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:26 am
I don’t remember any comments about a cheap look when the black jerseys were revealed.
I remember thinking it, but stomaching the cheapness look because I thought it wasn't a terrible idea to try something new. In hindsight, the black didn't work - and the team's performance in those uniforms wasn't great - and I'm glad they went away from all of those options.

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:32 am

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.