• Incarnate Word

#61707  by FUwolfpacker
 Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:45 am
UIW is very good. It will not be an easy game. However, I feel better about our chance than I did when the bracket came out. It's entirely possible that we have a rough day in coverage, not put pressure on the QB or stop the run, and lose by multiple scores. If the offense is clicking though, I want to believe that the D has shown that it's more than capable of getting a few stops/turnover. Hopefully that will be enough if we're able to move the ball effectively and limit their possessions. Definitely feel like we're going to need TDs instead of FGs this week though.
 #61709  by Purple rain
 Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:53 am
We need to establish the run game, keep playing great special teams, and not give up the big explosive plays, we will have a chance. Our guys will play with emotion, no doubt, and lay it all on the field Saturday.
FU Hoopla, dornb, The Jackal and 1 others liked this
 #61721  by FurmanATT
 Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:46 pm
gman84 wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:26 pm
Back in 1985, yep some of you weren’t born yet, :D we played Rhode Island in the playoffs and their air attack. I know different era, but we kicked the living crap out of them. I’m not saying we will do this to IWU, but we can play with anybody. I firmly believe this. We play hard nosed physical ball and we can light it up too. At this time of the year style points mean nothing, just win!
That game was 59-15. I think URI had close to 600 yards but 15 points. It's one of the more ridiculous games I ever saw. The least productive translation of yards to points until Kevin Kelley's year at PC. -- MD
 #61736  by FUBeAR
 Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:26 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:58 pm
UIW game notes.

https://uiwcardinals.com/documents/2022 ... _Notes.pdf
So… they’re not forfeiting?
Bootie liked this
 #61739  by FurmAlum
 Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:26 pm
I don't know about you but I don't think to much of a coach or player that comes and stays one year and then moves on. It's not necessarily UIW's fault but that's not Furman's culture and I hope it never will be.

If Texas State is stupid enough to hire someone like that then so be it. But if he'll do it to UIW then he'll do it to them too.

I hope we beat'um so bad it makes TS regret they hired the SOB.

Back when I was in the Shoe business we used to see guys that were hired that had worked for every company under the sun. We used to call them Shoe Store Whores.
QCGlue liked this
 #61749  by FUBeAR
 Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:55 am
TWIC U
 #61752  by Affirm
 Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:56 am
apaladin wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:17 am
Who did Texas State hire?
UIW and TSU are only 50 minutes travel time apart. I-35. About like FU to CU, except FU to CU has no direct expressway connection. The coach is not going far, nor will he have to move far. And his “local reputation” will be fulIy on the line. The 2 football programs are in the same media market. I expect he will have zero problem throughout the playoffs, including tomorrow, keeping his attention fully on coaching UIW. His being hired at this time is no advantage to Furman’s chances to win tomorrow. Numerous UIW players may possibly have even greater incentive than they already do have to step up their efforts in the playoffs in order to get a chance to transfer to FBS TSU under the coach who already knows them. I believe TSU would have many graduate school options even for seniors who still may have playing eligibility.