• Playoff projections

#60165  by AstroDin
 Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:37 pm
AllTimeFU wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:23 pm
What kind of dollars are we talking and will we know what they were?
I saw a post on AGS a while back about Montana bidding 175K
 #60166  by FUwolfpacker
 Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:59 pm
STATS released their bracketology today as well. I agree that beating Wofford is all that matters right now. This stuff is out there though, so as long as the team isn’t reading, it’s worth looking at/talking about on a message board.

AstroDin, bj93 liked this
 #60167  by purplehorse
 Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:05 pm
I would love to play either Davidson first round and Sammy second round OR Davidson first round and William & Mary second round as two bracketologists predict. I want to avoid the cold weather places as long as possible. We lost our playoff game in 2006 when the selection show announcers said “Furman at Montana State (most of us were expecting a home game).

Bracketologist from 1:51 podcast above thinks Elon vs NC AT&T is also a first round slam dunk pairing. We could easily play Elon or Richmond or W&M.

Interesting that Samford (if they beat Mercer) could be seated 3 to 5 as is the case with North Dakota State also. Mercer is virtually done if they lose to Sammy. UTC should be IN if they win their last game but not a given.

Our 5 game road winning streak should help us. Also I think we are a much better team than we were when we played Sammy the first time.

Hard to believe Furman’s last HOME playoff game was in 2005 against Nicholls State in the first round. Who would have thought it? Pretty ridiculous but again this team can win on the road.
AstroDin, dornb, apaladin liked this
 #60168  by cavedweller2
 Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:27 pm
FUwolfpacker wrote:
STATS released their bracketology today as well. I agree that beating Wofford is all that matters right now. This stuff is out there though, so as long as the team isn’t reading, it’s worth looking at/talking about on a message board.

Beat the felons, revenge in bam, silence the dome, then beat the Mocs in Paladin Stadium in the semis as the So Cons show up.
FurmAlum, FUBeAR, Bootie liked this
 #60171  by apaladin
 Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:54 pm
AstroDin wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:37 pm
AllTimeFU wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:23 pm
What kind of dollars are we talking and will we know what they were?
I saw a post on AGS a while back about Montana bidding 175K
Don’t doubt it as they fill their stadium, but pretty sure the minimu bid is $30k
 #60172  by apaladin
 Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:56 pm
saltyshaker wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:41 pm
we might be able to outbid davidson
Prolly not, DC has almost twice as much money as FU. They can even afford a baseball team and FU can’t. Just a question if they want it or not.
Last edited by apaladin on Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #60180  by AllTimeFU
 Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:55 pm
cavedweller2 wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:27 pm
FUwolfpacker wrote:

Beat the felons, revenge in bam, silence the dome, then beat the Mocs in Paladin Stadium in the semis as the So Cons show up.
oooooohhhhh......I like the sound of that!
 #60187  by apaladin
 Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:19 am
FU Hoopla wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:13 pm
FUwolfpacker wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:02 pm
Hero Sports released their most recent bracketology. I believe they are pretty good with their projections historically. I would take this set up I think. I think we definitely want Davidson to beat Dayton. Not sure how that would shift things around regional if Dayton got the autobid.

https://herosports.com/fcs-football-202 ... ns-8-bzbz/

Looks decent, still hoping for some upsets this weekend to bump us up
Of all the projections this would be my preferred one. It will be nice to watch the selection show n Sunday knowing our name will be called and knowng we could do some damage.
dornb liked this
 #60199  by AstroDin
 Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:51 am
apaladin wrote:
saltyshaker wrote:
Prolly not, DC has almost twice as much money as FU. They can even afford a baseball team and FU can’t. Just a question if they want it or not.
Let's be realistic about a Davidson and Furman matchup and the Wildcats getting the bid.
First, the first 1 MIL gift the football program received was for Clay to use if he wants to help secure a home game bid. The highest attendance game for Davidson was the matchup against Stetson (4200). At worst, for a Thanksgiving weekend, Furman should draw 6K. My guess is if Furman wants a home game, the bid should equate to 6-8K attendance.
Second, a home game for Furman is far more important to the program than Davidson.
 #60205  by tim
 Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:19 am
AstroDin wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:51 am
apaladin wrote:
saltyshaker wrote:
Let's be realistic about a Davidson and Furman matchup and the Wildcats getting the bid.
First, the first 1 MIL gift the football program received was for Clay to use if he wants to help secure a home game bid. The highest attendance game for Davidson was the matchup against Stetson (4200). At worst, for a Thanksgiving weekend, Furman should draw 6K. My guess is if Furman wants a home game, the bid should equate to 6-8K attendance.
Second, a home game for Furman is far more important to the program than Davidson.
I think that 4200 is near capacity since they have torn down the visitor's side since I have been there. Its premature but if we have to go there, we might actually have to sit with them :o As old SOCON rivals, they prolly feel the same way :lol:
AstroDin liked this
 #60211  by cavedweller2
 Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:10 am
If we play Davidson then I want to hang 80 on them. I was at the 77-14 game in Sirrine 50 years ago.
Davemeister liked this
 #60220  by The Jackal
 Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:39 pm
Unrelated. I occasionally scan other fan message boards.

I've never seen a fan base as obsessed with one team as Samford fans are obsessed with Furman.
FUBeAR, Paladin82 liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:32 am

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.