#57095  by gofurman
 Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:17 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:14 pm
cant beleive this.. game completely changed due to ineptitude of refs!

has there ever been in the history of reviews, a play reviewed twice becuase a coach wanted it? ugghhhhhh
REFS and FUMBLE and DEFENSE. Yes, ref but then JW fumble right after and D can't stop them.

Mihalic again with "isn't this great and exciting" SHUT THE F UP ... I . WANT. BORING.
 #57096  by gofurman
 Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:18 pm
Now we need to move on... Play with a cool head and let's win

and there is my thing on us now. QB had a clear 5 yards.. EASY for 1st down at 6:16 left in 1half. kept looking and forced pass. needed to run that one.
 #57108  by gofurman
 Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:35 pm
Paladin91 wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:33 pm
It’s like the D gave up after the reversed INT. Qb play needs to get better.
screw the ref. It's on us now. D can't stop shij. O can't keep the Sammy O off field. Currently - hope changes - their O is way better than our D. Hope the 'statement game' doesn't make a statement that WE are overrated.
 #57111  by The Jackal
 Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:04 pm
First half thoughts:

I have no explanation for the referees. I've never seen anything like that. Outside of the egregious replay nonsense, they missed multiple calls all over the field, including an obvious roughing the passer on the last drive.

We're playing fine. We lost focus for a few drives after the refs decided to take over the game, but we've largely done what we wanted on offense and defense we looked tough as nails until the Yates play.

We need to get refocused. We've been a much better second half team this year and we'll need that same sort of tenacity today. Hopefully the half time break gives us an opportunity to restart, get that play behind us, and get back after Samford.
Sad Din liked this