• Austin Peay GAMEDAY!

#21862  by tim
 Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:24 pm
This team has given up. Someone should have some 'splainin to do. It has the feel of what happened to Fowler after he went to the playoffs. Need to change out coordinators or something.
 #21865  by gofurman
 Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:30 pm
CAN SOMEONE HOLD ON TO THE EFFIN' BALL - anyone? QB? Punt returner? LB on Punt return? We are fumbling EVERYTHING.

Hey, I guess we can't handle playing football in the rain - LOL. (yes, we can handle POINT in the rain and a poor Western team in rain.. but Citadel and an Austin Peay team that lost to ETSU .. add in the rain and we can't play a good football game)

Our own radio announcers are all over us saying all year we have had a tackling issue. Not sure I agree that was true every game but certainly vs Citadel, Woff and very much true today
 #21866  by fupaladin01
 Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:31 pm
I’m embarrassed to be a Furman fan today. Our coaches clearly did not prepare to the extent that their opponents did. Our young QBs have seemed to regress instead of progress through the season. Our D is slow and there seems to be no aggression in the D’s play calling. Our WRs can’t block, and our O-line can’t seem to do its basic job of protection. We have no fire in the belly from the way it looks.
Is youth to blame? Do we need to replace a coach or coordinator? We seem to be recruiting very well- but are we getting the size and speed we need to compete with the mighty OVC?
We can’t compete against a physical O/D line, and we can’t catch up to speedy receivers and shifty RBs. Not that it would matter- our guys can’t tackle. Playing like we did today I don’t think it matters whether we get a home playoff game or not.
Oh, and while I’m pissed off and whining, get back to wearing PURPLE (you know- our school colors) at home and wear our traditional white on white on the road. At least we won’t look terrible while we’re out there looking, well, terrible.
Paladin91, Paladin575, purplehorse and 3 others liked this
 #21867  by gofurman
 Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:32 pm
TREND OF THE YEAR - in all three FCS losses: Citadel, Woff and today v AP Grayson Atkins had a kick off go out of bounds. I don't think that happened in any of the wins
 #21869  by purplehorse
 Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:36 pm
Never understood why you would concede defeat and kick a FG with over 12 minutes left in the game. Does that make the score look better to anyone? I would rather go out “trying to win”.
 #21872  by Paladin91
 Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:41 pm
gofurman wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:37 pm
Quote from ESPN "Furman got exposed on their LACK OF TEAM SPEED".

Ouch. True though. True
Yes, but don't tell that to Jackal...
 #21875  by Paladin91
 Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:46 pm
A good start this offseason would be finding some players who can actually make tackles...throwing yourself at an offensive player is not tackling.
 #21876  by MNORM
I wonder if Bobby Lamb would be interested in coming back as a QB coach. We could use someone working on their development. I'd love to see him be a part of the program again...
 #21877  by MNORM
 Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:52 pm
My cup half full post....
We are an extremely young team. If today doesn't leave a bad taste in our returning players' mouths I don't know what will. This embarrassing performance should serve as motivation.
dornb liked this
 #21878  by Paladin91
 Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:54 pm
MNORM wrote:
I wonder if Bobby Lamb would be interested in coming back as a QB coach. We could use someone working on their development. I'd love to see him be a part of the program again...
I like BL, but there are a lot of younger, more innovative minds out there.
 #21880  by Jasper
 Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:56 pm
Paladin91 wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:09 pm
Our offense is beyond pathetic...3rd and 10 and we delay off tackle...horrible. Please find a new OC in the off season - I mean, even Bobby Lamb would be an upgrade.
Somebody send out an emergency call to DREW CRONIC before he accepts the Mercer offer that will likely come.
tim, furman88 liked this
 #21881  by purplehorse
 Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:01 pm
Little did I know that after our 63 yard TD on the 4th play of the Wofford game that that would be our last TD of the season. Won’t win many games when you cannot score TD’s.
dornb and 1 others liked this