• FURMAN-UTC RE-MATCH

#81622  by The Jackal
 Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:10 pm
UTC about to start feeding Mayes and Whatley. They've gotta get two touchdowns and they aren't going to do it by just running the ball at Furman's defense.
furmandad liked this
 #81637  by The Jackal
 Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:06 pm
Great win.

As coach said, could have used a few more drives finishing in the end zone, but you can win a lot of football games holding a team to 7 points and converting scores.
FUeveryday, dornb liked this
 #81646  by The Jackal
 Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:18 pm
Paul C wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:11 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 1:18 pm
Told ya their freshman qb is much better than the vet.
Um maybe not
9-19 84 yards. 1 interception.

UTC's two standout receivers had 5 catches. Whatley had 9 yards. Mayes had 38 with 32 coming on one play on their first drive.
 #81647  by FurmAlum
 Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:22 pm
That was a good solid win. We were a couple of plays away from a blow out. I'm glad we took the refs out of the game as I didn't like the way that was going.

And Grant Robinson is a heckova player.

Go Delaware!
dornb, FUBeAR, AstroDin liked this
 #81652  by gofurman
 Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:44 pm
Great WIN. What a defense by Furman! Only thing we coulda done better was catch a few TDs. I worried when we missed two fairly open TD catches. In a low scoring game that scared me. . Need a little more air under the ball and make those catches.

I do allow they had a backup QB no Ailym Ford… no great DB number 7 and no Person. You could tell Person was missing as their D front wasn’t the same. Just like us vs Woffd. Take two all conference players out it’s a killer. Without Person and number 7 their D wasn’t the same. No Artopeus or Ford and in game lost starting OL 52. Also lost 32.

I did have to laugh at TV. He kept on with why doesn’t Furman sack the QB? ALABAMA couldn’t sack em with the quick plays. Too many runs and short passes for sacks.

Only concern was Hicks looked to pull a hammy. And Roberto is playable but not 100%.
So really hop Grant Robinson is ok!!!!!!
Anyone know his status as he got hurt late. It looked like something up high and not legs
 #81659  by jesse174
 Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:30 pm
gofurman wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:44 pm
Great WIN. What a defense by Furman! Only thing we coulda done better was catch a few TDs. I worried when we missed two fairly open TD catches. In a low scoring game that scared me. . Need a little more air under the ball and make those catches.

I do allow they had a backup QB no Ailym Ford… no great DB number 7 and no Person. You could tell Person was missing as their D front wasn’t the same. Just like us vs Woffd. Take two all conference players out it’s a killer. Without Person and number 7 their D wasn’t the same. No Artopeus or Ford and in game lost starting OL 52. Also lost 32.

I did have to laugh at TV. He kept on with why doesn’t Furman sack the QB? ALABAMA couldn’t sack em with the quick plays. Too many runs and short passes for sacks.

Only concern was Hicks looked to pull a hammy. And Roberto is playable but not 100%.
So really hop Grant Robinson is ok!!!!!!
Anyone know his status as he got hurt late. It looked like something up high and not legs

Looked like he got hit in the throat area...seemed like he was ok
 #81660  by gman84
 Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:01 pm
Not to sound cocky, but this game was never in doubt! Besides a couple of ridiculous calls by the zebras, we controlled this game. Go Delaware!
AstroDin liked this
 #81661  by The Jackal
 Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:23 pm
I talked before the game about stopping UTC's quick slants that they like to throw and break for long plays.

Check out our CBs on this play. Both shaded well inside the WRs. If UTC wanted to throw the ball, Furman wasn't going to let it be on in-breaking routes.

dornb liked this
 #81663  by The Jackal
 Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:44 pm
I also thought we added a few offensive wrinkles that UTC didn't really seem ready for.

1. Not sure the Mocs were prepared for Grant Robinson, a back that is sort of a cross between the physical Roberto and the shifty Anderson. It was good to see him back.

2. Furman had a ton of success with what I took to be a "counter trey" - our TE would go in short motion and then pull back to left off the snap. Our RG (Johanning) would pull behind him. Our RB would start to the right and then counter back to the left behind the TE and RG. We frequently ended up with Pline, Toomey, and Johanning blocking to the same side with great success.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:09 pm

Default Avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:51 pm

User avatar Roster Addition

by cavedweller2

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:10 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.