• 2023 Recruiting Diamond Cha23rs

#62554  by tim
 Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:57 pm
Drove through downtown Greenville today, saw coach Hendrix and the coaches leading a line of purple dressed lads. Recruits I suppose. Impressive group.
dornb, AstroDin liked this
 #62631  by Afurmanfan
 Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:24 am
We had 15 recruits here this weekend- understand that 10 were committed to us and the rest we were hoping to lock down.
Good looking - a lot of length (we used to say they were tall!).
AstroDin liked this
 #62666  by FUwolfpacker
 Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:45 pm
AstroDin wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:51 pm
Based on the tweet appears to be two commits for either the d-line or o-line or both.
I noticed that as well. Eriq George is the only lineman we know about at this time. The other two are WR/TE prospects I believe. So at least one of the other two is a OL/DL. I guess there's a chance one of them could be the VMI DL? Guess we'll find out soon enough! Only one more weekend before the December signing period.
 #62680  by AstroDin
 Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:45 am
A guess where we stand with the 2023 recruiting class

Defense
3 defensive linemen
2 linebackers
2 defensive backs

Offense
1 quarterback
1 tight end
1 receiver
3 offensive linemen (I'm including Chappell here, and guessing we got a commit from an OL this weekend)

Based on offers out there, including transfers.
Furman's 2023 class could add the following;

1 defensive lineman (transfer)
1 defensive back (transfer)
1 athlete (receiver)
1 tight end
2 offensive linemen

This could swing based on who decided to graduate and who decides to come back.
 #62684  by MNORM
 Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:11 am
Davemeister wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:03 am
Hope the recruits made it to the BB game. Second Half, anyway.
They were at the game with their families. They arrived on two tour busses and filed in as the pregame announcements were being made. They were treated to great game with a decent amount of energy considering it was the middle of exams.
Davemeister liked this
 #62896  by FurmanFan23
 Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:35 pm
Any news on the 2 non-specified commits?

Also, does any one know why someone wouldn't go ahead and announce? I don't know why someone wouldn't want their hard work recognized.
 #62901  by FUwolfpacker
 Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:22 pm
Nothing that I'm aware of at this point. Some guys want to wait until Signing Day. Some don't care about putting everything on twitter. Heck there were 2 guys visiting we don't even have a name for yet.

It's probably not this, but maybe the coaches didn't want them to announce yet, so that other teams can't put the hard sell on them right before signing day? Who knows?

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:32 am

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.