• Playoff Picture

#21281  by cavedweller2
 Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:41 pm
1 top 8 seed East of the Mississippi River.
 #21285  by cavedweller2
 Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:48 pm
Taking the last train to Clarksville.
AstroDin liked this
 #21295  by apaladin
 Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:08 pm
Just happy to get in and outside of not getting a home game think we got a pretty good draw. A team we might can beat and a trio to California vs. playing in 10 degree weather. Pretty happy. :D
dornb liked this
 #21296  by gman
 Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:11 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:08 pm
Just happy to get in and outside of not getting a home game think we got a pretty good draw. A team we might can beat and a trio to California vs. playing in 10 degree weather. Pretty happy. :D
Exactly. A trip in December to sunny California is pretty good motivation to beat Austin Peay.
 #21302  by gman
 Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:18 pm
These ESPN guys are contradicting themselves. They talk about quality wins making the difference, but then try to explain why a team like SC State that was left out. SC State got screwed.
Affirm liked this
 #21304  by fufanatic
 Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:24 pm
gman wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:18 pm
These ESPN guys are contradicting themselves. They talk about quality wins making the difference, but then try to explain why a team like SC State that was left out. SC State got screwed.
Those guys were brutal. Big love fest for 7-5 teams.
 #21308  by The Jackal
 Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:31 pm
I think Furman's effort against VT gained them a lot of credibility.

SIU had a win over an FBS program, but UMass is truly awful. Their lone win this year came against the only team in the country that may be worse than they are.
 #21340  by gofurman
 Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:03 pm
gman84 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:07 am
gofurman wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:30 am
gman84 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:51 pm
I don’t get it...we deserve to be in the playoffs, but, please not Wofford in the second round. And please not Kennesaw in the first round. Why don’t you worry about winning the first round game first. What do you want ? A bye straight to a title game with NDSU. If nothing else this thread is very amusing!
Sure.
I’ll tell you why. SIMPLE. 84, I KNOW you get this but if you are gonna post “whadda ya want,, a bye to the title game ?” Then I’ll take bait.

- Each and every year we want the SoCon to get multiple bids. Right? Who doesn’t want that? No one should want the SoCon to be a one bid league. I want to get back to a 3 bid league. Well, send us and Woff to the hardest opponents and we both have a greater chance of losing. OBVIOUSLY. (Yes, that’s captain obvious but some to want to play the toughest team and take all comers). Then, if Furman and Woff both lose in round 1, when next year rolls around the SoCon (since no one seems to lobby for us at Committee) has to overcome the same issue MEAC currently has - poor prior playoff performances. Sending us to SDSU and Woff to tough team in BFE isn’t in the interest of SoCon or Furman next year and all years going forward. Getting an easy opponent or two where we go 2-1 in playoffs helps next year as we
1) make SOCon look good ! and
2] our kids have a higher chance to keep playing more weeks and keep practicing!!

Besides there will Always and eventually be very tough opponents in playoffs. No need to wish NDSU on us in first round. Why not want an “easier” (relatively) game for 2 reasons I specify above ???

Be great if SoCon went 4-2 in playoffs or so
GF, I’m a SIMPLE person. Been that way as a result of multiple concussions back in the day. :D
me too. Im very simple my man !
 #21341  by gofurman
 Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:06 pm
AstroDin wrote:
YES!
2 goods and a bad

1) so glad we are in
2) love playing Austin Peay

3) - when will our Administration step up and bid us for a HOME game??
019 AT APeay.. 2017 AT Elon.. 2013 AT SC State.. 2006 AT Montana State

The guys try so hard - we really ought to rewward them with the administration getting us a home game in a bid scenario. I do know we tried w a decent bid (but not enough apparently) this year
Paladin575 liked this
 #21343  by gofurman
 Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:09 pm
Bootie wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:08 am
gofurman wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:30 am
...Each and every year we want the SoCon to get multiple bids. Right? Who doesn’t want that? No one should want the SoCon to be a one bid league....
Speak for yourself. I've never needed or wanted multiple SoCon bids. Sure, it is beneficial for the SoCon as a whole, but my team is Furman, not the SoCon. As long as Furman gets in, I've never cared who does or does not get in after that.
Bootie, sure.
But it's the same thing in a sense - if the SoCon gets multiple bids that HELPS FURMAN get in. Put simply, if we were a one-bid league it's only Woffd and Furman is not in this year! Case closed.

It benefits Furman for the SoCon to get national credit. It does. Again, if we were a one-bid league.. Furman is sitting at home this Thanksgiving.
 #21344  by Affirm
 Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:11 pm
Does NCAA provide travel expense reimbursements (flight, food, hotel) to the teams that have to travel in FCS playoffs?
 #21346  by gman
 Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:16 pm
gofurman wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:06 pm
AstroDin wrote:
YES!
2 goods and a bad

1) so glad we are in
2) love playing Austin Peay

3) - when will our Administration step up and bid us for a HOME game??
019 AT APeay.. 2017 AT Elon.. 2013 AT SC State.. 2006 AT Montana State

The guys try so hard - we really ought to rewward them with the administration getting us a home game in a bid scenario. I do know we tried w a decent bid (but not enough apparently) this year
All we had to do was to beat Wofford and we would not be worrying about a bid. Not getting a top seed and a couple of home games is not on the administration. Let’s be appreciative of getting in, despite zero good wins in a weak SoCon. Beat AP!
fufanatic liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.