• 2020 Offers

#22797  by FUBeAR
 Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:52 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:05 pm
Saw this come across the wire. Hudson is listed as a running back, but walked on at Georgia and has been a special teams starter for the Dawgs the last three years. He had interest coming out of high school from Davidson, SMU, and Air Force. Furman had interest in him coming out of high school.

Hudson has a sterling reputation around the Georgia program and well regarded for work ethic and toughness. He rarely sees the field as a running back (UGA is incredibly deep at that position), but plays a lot on special teams. It isn't every day a 5'10 185 lbs kid walks on at a major P5 program and plays as much as he has the last three years.

https://247sports.com/college/georgia/A ... 140311584/

Maybe he has some interest in Furman. He's a good student, and I think he'd be a great fit as an FCS player in an offense like ours, where his toughness, athleticism, and versatility can be put to use.

Of course, I'm partial. He's a local boy and a grad of my alma mater. He would have played high school ball with Duncan Fletcher.
Grad transfer - Finance major.

FU needs to figure out how to re-start that Joint MBA program they once had with Clemson. I hear some exceptionally talented, super-smart, all-world type Paladins availed themselves of that opportunity during their 5th years back when it was in existence.

Chatt, Cit, ETSU, Mercer, Samford, & WCU offer MBA’s. Furman, VMI, and Wofford do not.

Furman offers graduate degrees in Education, Chemistry, Community Engaged Medicine, and Strategic Design. Furman also offers a dual degree, pre-engineering program with Clemson, which, as we know, from the QB’s publicity in 2018, qualifies a Student-Athlete to participate in NCAA Athletics for Furman, while taking classes at Clemson. The dual degree thing works for 5th year guys, but probably not for Grad Transfers.

BTW - Aqualung & I were, just yesterday, wondering what Grad Programs FU has these days, so I thought I’d post it here just in case he decides to peruse any Football threads, in addition to his work on the Kicking threads.
Last edited by FUBeAR on Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Paladin575, MNORM liked this
 #22800  by Affirm
 Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:50 pm
Furman should NOT be deciding what graduate degrees it should offer on the basis of what would match the interests of football-eligible graduate transfers. The decision should be based on broader criteria.
paladinfan12 liked this
 #22808  by FUBeAR
 Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:24 am
affirm wrote:
Furman should NOT be deciding what graduate degrees it should offer on the basis of what would match the interests of football-eligible graduate transfers. The decision should be based on broader criteria.
sez you
 #22809  by The Jackal
 Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:06 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:24 am
affirm wrote:
sez you
I think the grad transfer rules have taken on a life of their own and become de facto free agency.

Granted, I’m not why the ncaa would object if I had a bachelors and wanted to take undergrad courses at another college to play out my eligibility.
 #22810  by AstroDin
 Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:45 am
another PWO offer - surprised this WR doesn't have more full offers, catches everything and is very quick:
MNORM liked this
 #22812  by MNORM
 Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:47 am
AstroDin wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:45 am
another PWO offer - surprised this WR doesn't have more full offers, catches everything and is very quick:
That highlight video was a fun little trip down memory lane. Played on a bunch of those fields "back in the day"...when they were all natural grass.

Tyler is a quality receiver in a very good program. Kenston won the Ohio DIII State Championship in 2018...Tyler had 78 yards, a TD, and an INT in the championship game. He's a bit undersized, but catches everything thrown his way. In a game against Brush this year, he had 14 receptions for 231 yards and 2 TDs. He's also a very physical player for his size...he started at Safety all four years.
AstroDin liked this
 #22818  by apaladin
 Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:35 am
affirm wrote:
Of course thry should.
FUBeAR liked this
 #22831  by Affirm
 Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:32 pm
Not saying that Furman should not expand its masters degree offerings. Just saying that if they are added, they should be ones that would appeal to and attract students and serve a need other than only football. I imagine that Furman could double the graduate enrollment (to about 200 - 300) without negatively impacting the strength of undergraduate instruction and academic departments. Furman could look into whether or not there are some undergraduate majors that could combine a bachelors plus a masters in the same subject within 5 years; and if there are, those should be made accessible to people transferring from other schools, even if the first semester would have to include 1 or several undergraduate courses (offered for graduate credit) that include context or background or prerequisite that perhaps the transfer students did not get at their previous school. Furman could look also into offering masters degrees that are totally different from undergraduate majors, such as counseling or human resource development or human resource management.
 #22833  by Paul C
 Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:47 pm
New offer out there at DE

#22834  by Paul C
 Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:50 pm
Clark appears to have an OV planned for Eastern Illinois this weekend

Offers from
Eastern Illinois
Western KY
Lafayette
Louisville (PWO)
Valpo
 #22841  by Yadkin
 Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:23 pm
affirm wrote:
Likewise, Furman should NOT use its athletics program as a tool of the admissions office to simply expand its geographic reach while operating certain sports with a Division 3 participatory philosophy.
Affirm, FUBeAR liked this
 #22848  by FUBeAR
 Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:32 am
Yadkin wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:23 pm
affirm wrote:
Likewise, Furman should NOT use its athletics program as a tool of the admissions office to simply expand its geographic reach while operating certain sports with a Division 3 participatory philosophy.
sez you
 #22856  by aqualung
 Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:20 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:52 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:05 pm
Saw this come across the wire. Hudson is listed as a running back, but walked on at Georgia and has been a special teams starter for the Dawgs the last three years. He had interest coming out of high school from Davidson, SMU, and Air Force. Furman had interest in him coming out of high school.

Hudson has a sterling reputation around the Georgia program and well regarded for work ethic and toughness. He rarely sees the field as a running back (UGA is incredibly deep at that position), but plays a lot on special teams. It isn't every day a 5'10 185 lbs kid walks on at a major P5 program and plays as much as he has the last three years.

https://247sports.com/college/georgia/A ... 140311584/

Maybe he has some interest in Furman. He's a good student, and I think he'd be a great fit as an FCS player in an offense like ours, where his toughness, athleticism, and versatility can be put to use.

Of course, I'm partial. He's a local boy and a grad of my alma mater. He would have played high school ball with Duncan Fletcher.
Grad transfer - Finance major.

FU needs to figure out how to re-start that Joint MBA program they once had with Clemson. I hear some exceptionally talented, super-smart, all-world type Paladins availed themselves of that opportunity during their 5th years back when it was in existence.

Chatt, Cit, ETSU, Mercer, Samford, & WCU offer MBA’s. Furman, VMI, and Wofford do not.

Furman offers graduate degrees in Education, Chemistry, Community Engaged Medicine, and Strategic Design. Furman also offers a dual degree, pre-engineering program with Clemson, which, as we know, from the QB’s publicity in 2018, qualifies a Student-Athlete to participate in NCAA Athletics for Furman, while taking classes at Clemson. The dual degree thing works for 5th year guys, but probably not for Grad Transfers.

BTW - Aqualung & I were, just yesterday, wondering what Grad Programs FU has these days, so I thought I’d post it here just in case he decides to peruse any Football threads, in addition to his work on the Kicking threads.
Haha. Kicking threads are quiet so I thought I'd stop by. I knew that I could rely on my favorite professional blogger to provide insight. That is a very narrow graduate curriculum for such an impressive university as FU. They really should up their game in expanding graduate offerings regardless of football.
FUBeAR, MNORM, FurmanMom60 liked this
 #23256  by JohnW
 Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:29 pm
Per his tweet Bailor Hughes, 5-11 208 ATH, from Powell, TN has an offer.

Recent Topics

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.