• Furman at Montana

#82070  by FUBeAR
 Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:23 pm
gman84 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:34 am
Two guys in their mother's basements.....I kept waiting for, "ma! we want the meatloaf now."
This entire podcast sounds like 2 teenage girls talking about a boy who 'used' 1 or both of them, but wouldn't even think about being seen in public with either them.

"I know...you're right girl...they don't blitz their Linebackers...and did you see those OL hips? O lawdy....ha, ha, ha...um...yeah...kinda cute though, huh?"

It's bad Taylor Swift song lyrics.

It's embarrassing. Frankly, FUBeAR is shocked Montana Football hasn't found a way to shut these 2 down. Maybe that tells us something about Montana's Football Program.

We need to smoke these .... 's

FUATT
 #82071  by furmandad
 Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:36 pm
Rouns leveraged his Montana degree (if he graduated?) into a Montana Grizz podcasting career. Reportedly living in a van, down by the river. The other clown (Adam Healy) evidently played a couple years of Pop Warner before he couldn’t make the weight limit. And Healy’s haircut; drivethru at SuperCuts. Clowns.
 #82072  by FUpaladin08
 Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:02 pm
AstroDin wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:30 am
If you want a laugh or a rise in your blood pressure, have a watch.
These guys missed and dismissed Furman so badly—you'd think we were a JV team.
Their picks were Montana 38-13 and 41-10!
Yea that’s a tough watch and those guys are clearly living in a Grizz Bubble. We can certainly get the same way when Furman is on a roll, but man who gave these guys a podcast? I imagine they had Incarnate Word picked to clean our clocks last year (if they were even aware that game took place). Furman is the underdog as they should be traveling to the # 2 team, but the fact these guys think they’ll score higher than their avg of 32/game is something else.

I will tune into their next show to see what excuses they come up with when Furman covers the spread.
 #82073  by HKB60
 Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:08 pm
AstroDin wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:30 am
If you want a laugh or a rise in your blood pressure, have a watch.
These guys missed and dismissed Furman so badly—you'd think we were a JV team.
Their picks were Montana 38-13 and 41-10!
These two douche bags are laughable! I hope Clay shows this to the team! These guys don't know anything outside of their cabins! Time for the Paladins to go kick some Grizzly butt!
 #82077  by Dinforlife
 Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:44 pm
I've found "The Bluebloods" podcast to be a solid discussion of FCS football. It's run by Zach McKinnel and Leroy Frederick. I believe McKinnel is a freelance journalist/photographer and Frederick is a position coach at...Alcorn State?....I think. Anyway, they do two episodes a week, one a recap of the major happenings from the previous week and the other a preview of the upcoming matchups. I've found it to be excellent, as they usually cover the major games in each conference, including a large HBCU segment each episode (which I really enjoy as I know nothing about that realm of football and its fun to learn something new). And while both have biases, I have yet to hear condescension for ANY team or conference. They tend to keep it pretty level. I discovered them after the Elon playoff game last year and McKinnel was pretty high on Furman going into the UIW game. He is a big Huff fan and was one of the few people picking us to beat Western and pretty much anyone else in each game this year. He also was at the FU/WCU game as a photographer and at last years Furman/Mercer game.

All that to say, after listening to them for most of the season, I listened to a single Fans Nation Network podcast concerning projected seedings before the Wofford game and it was awful. Just abysmal. My standards had inadvertently been set pretty high.
 #82078  by bj93
 Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:47 pm
Morons. I know now that Furman has no chance to win, or probably even gain a yard, but I am glad that our players will get the glory and honor of getting to meet the Griz players and walk on the hallowed ground of their field. I suspect that our guys (and coaches) will be too busy getting autographs and posing for pictures with the Griz players to do pre-game warmups.
The thing that really cracked me up in that podcast was the discussion of the elevation and that we wouldn't be able to even breath. They don't play at the top of Everest. Missoula is only at 3200 ft. For reference, Paris Mtn is 1950 ft, Boone is 3333 ft, Sugar Mtn is 5300 and Grandfather Mtn is 5946 ft. The idiocy of those 2 was hilarious.
gman84, FUBeAR, DeepPurple liked this
 #82082  by The Jackal
 Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:24 pm
bj93 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:47 pm
Morons. I know now that Furman has no chance to win, or probably even gain a yard, but I am glad that our players will get the glory and honor of getting to meet the Griz players and walk on the hallowed ground of their field. I suspect that our guys (and coaches) will be too busy getting autographs and posing for pictures with the Griz players to do pre-game warmups.
The thing that really cracked me up in that podcast was the discussion of the elevation and that we wouldn't be able to even breath. They don't play at the top of Everest. Missoula is only at 3200 ft. For reference, Paris Mtn is 1950 ft, Boone is 3333 ft, Sugar Mtn is 5300 and Grandfather Mtn is 5946 ft. The idiocy of those 2 was hilarious.
Cullowhee, NC, where Furman throttled Western Carolina, is at 2600 feet.

Hendrix laughed off that notion, saying the Missoula is essentially the same elevation as Asheville.
 #82086  by gman84
 Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:27 pm
Looked it up last night, Missoula is the same as Boone, 3,200-3,300.
 #82088  by gofurman
 Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:52 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:41 am
purplehorse123 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:31 am
Why even play the game? Very disparaging toward not only our entire team but the Southern Conference. A very very confident duo.

Yes most interesting comments were about the telltale signs of us tipping our plays and how our OL were big and slow with poor hip movement. And Roberto being “a shell of himself” and at best 70 % healthy.

Yep very interesting .

Clearly a pass play here.

Honestly, I hated this call because I selfishly just want us to run over everyone, but this may have been more Huff being a little rusty. Pline is open and would have run for a while. Looks like this play was meant to be a big hitter, though. Huff looks at Pline and then comes back looking for the haymaker.

I'd still just rather us run over people.
Jackal, agreed. The score was 7-7 at that point. ANYBODYS GAME. With an OL that mashed on the goal line and Roberto falling 2 yards into the endzone I dont understand why we ran the Pline play and the pitch to Roberto as our 4th and 1 at midfield.

As you said I think OC sometimes learn to outthink themselves. I recall when we had Dozier we ran behind him a ton... Genius. It works. Keep doing it. Don't out think yourself.

That said, I did wonder why we haven't involved Pline more lately... don't think he has caught a ball in 2 games. Honestly, Harris and Pline have been somewhat absent lately - probably our two biggest receiving threats. But in that situation, no... just run it at least once. It sure worked on the goal line every time.
 #82089  by gofurman
 Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:01 pm
BackupQB wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:24 am
1) Message board chatter is meaningless to people who don't spend time on message boards. I'm sure the Montana players and coaches are taking this game plenty seriously, and I'm sure our players don't give 2 s---s about what their fans think.

Even Clay said in his post-game presser that we weren't going to out-talent anyone. We have to grind it out. So the observation about skill positions is shared by our own coaches.

2) Save for a lone Wofford win over Montana 16 years ago, the (current) SoCon's playoff performance against the likes of the Big Sky and Missouri Valley (and frankly, in general) in this new era of FCS has been pretty abysmal. They have every reason to be confident.

I believe our guys have great heads on their shoulders and a lot of grit and have every chance to give Montana fans more than they bargained for. But let's be real. It's going to take an incredible effort.
Yup. It will take an almost perfect game from us. Heard that straight from a player this week. Said we could win and he and the team thought we could... but privately he said we would have to be almost perfect... no margin for error from the film he saw.
 #82098  by greenheadMT
 Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:43 pm
I wouldn’t put too much stock in a fan podcast. If you watch the Griz presser from yesterday you’ll see Coach Hauck being VERY complimentary of your squad and especially Huff. I don’t the think anyone that matters, and not many fans who don’t matter, are overlooking you guys.
 #82099  by Paul C
 Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:09 pm
BackupQB wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:24 am
2) Save for a lone Wofford win over Montana 16 years ago, the (current) SoCon's playoff performance against the likes of the Big Sky and Missouri Valley (and frankly, in general) in this new era of FCS has been pretty abysmal. They have every reason to be confident.
yeah it's amazing that the Big Sky and MVFC teams have been so successful at HOME in the playoffs :D :D :D :D
 #82102  by AllTimeFU
 Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:52 pm
I watched the Montana v Montana State game today. I saw a QB that could run gash them for some long yardage. Their linebackers seemed to have good lateral speed.

As to their huge OL splits. How do you foresee our approach to that on D?