• ETSU GAME THREAD

#38575  by FUpaladin08
 Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:47 pm
FurmAlum wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:42 pm
Don't count your chickens before they hatch. The Key-Dettes could lose to Sammy, Woffy, Citadel, and ETSU. Or they might win them all, but I don't think so.

We need to take care of business and not worry about anything else.
VMI is used to playing as the underdog. Who knows, they might choke when defending the title from the top. This is unfamiliar territory.

FU of course has to win out, and really needs to start winning by multiple scores if there is hope for the at-large. In a year without OOC play the how good a team wins will matter for the committee. The only loss to an undefeated SoCon title winner and whipping UTC, Cit, and Woffy might not hurt for appearances.
FUKA61 liked this
 #38577  by Paul C
 Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:43 pm
I’ll go on the record here that if we win out we are in regardless of what vmi may or may not do.
Roundball, apaladin liked this
 #38581  by FUBeAR
 Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:33 pm
Paul C wrote:
I’ll go on the record here that if we win out we are in regardless of what vmi may or may not do.
Maybe...

Looking at last week’s Polls and counting the Conference Non-Leaders ranked ahead of Furman, i.e., the likely At-Large selections, it doesn’t look great.

Gotta be a Top 6 Conference Non-winner for the Committee to select. Polls aren’t the Committee and there’s a lot of Football left to play, but this will give us a better & better look as the season progresses.

Looks like FU’s “At-Large” Rank right now (in STATS, HERO, and AGS Polls) ranges from about #8 to #15 with the mean being about #12.

Gonna need some kinda sumpin’ to get to #6
 #38585  by Thorny
 Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:28 pm
I'll go on record that fans alternating between the sky is falling and discussing Furman's prospects of getting in the post season has a certain level of cognitive dissonance.

Loved the W.
FUBeAR, hypercycloid, GOAT and 2 others liked this
 #38618  by FUBeAR
 Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:17 am
The Jackal wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:05 am
Can we talk about this?

Geeze.

Yes.

Always run your feet through a tackle. Otherwise, you might end up with (artificial) grass stains all over your a$$.

...OR...

Planting your feet is a really good way to get planted on your a$$
 #38630  by Flagman
 Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:10 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:17 am
The Jackal wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:05 am
Can we talk about this?

Geeze.

Yes.

Always run your feet through a tackle. Otherwise, you might end up with (artificial) grass stains all over your a$$.

...OR...

Planting your feet is a really good way to get planted on your a$$
In my one season of high school football (back in the dark ages), I had the same experience as ETSU's #4.
 #38631  by FUBeAR
 Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:12 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:33 pm
Paul C wrote:
Maybe...

Looking at last week’s Polls and counting the Conference Non-Leaders ranked ahead of Furman, i.e., the likely At-Large selections, it doesn’t look great.

Gotta be a Top 6 Conference Non-winner for the Committee to select. Polls aren’t the Committee and there’s a lot of Football left to play, but this will give us a better & better look as the season progresses.

Looks like FU’s “At-Large” Rank right now (in STATS, HERO, and AGS Polls) ranges from about #8 to #15 with the mean being about #12.

Gonna need some kinda sumpin’ to get to #6
You may be Prophetic Paul.

It’s not an exact ‘science,’ but FU appears to be about the #6 At-Large in the just-released STATS poll. Paladins trail about 4 MVFC Teams & 1 CAA Team.

FU’s “actual” rank is #13, with Chatt @#11, VMI @ #19, Woffy @#36, ETSU @ #37.

It’s a pretty bad poll, TBH, but it matters. A nice win over Chatt would certainly be helpful.
 #38655  by gofurman
 Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:41 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:06 pm
Lot of polls seem to have UTC over Furman for really no reason at all.

A win over UTC would indeed be nice.
I wouldn’t say no reason. They are undefeated. We have a loss. Both came in as ranked teams. Slot voting. And we lost to VMI before they had a lil reputation. Lose to VMI now it hurts less.
Either way thus is a huge game. Two. Top teams. Win and we are alive. Huge. That’s why it SCARES me
 #38693  by gofurman
 Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:27 pm
Davemeister wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:04 am
gofurman wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:41 pm
That’s why it SCARES me

Good. Stay SCARED and we'll be fine. ;)
Dave, Make sure to ask me in the UTC thread!

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.