• #11 Furman @ [FBS] Georgia St. Sept. 7th (Purple Invasion On ATL)

#16400  by gofurman
 Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:18 pm
Bootie wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:00 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:05 am

I also loved this. Abrams never stops his feet. All 5 offensive linemen help push him four yards into the end zone. No one stops moving on first contact.
Yeah, he's down at the 2 if the o-line doesn't join in. Love that. That's teamwork right there.

always great to hear from the king of Possum Kingdom !!
 #16402  by FUBeAR
 Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:19 am
Dins move into position to win the SEC East & skin the panthers 39-30.

Read it & wipe it. The money am on the dresser!
 #16403  by Jasper
 Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:21 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:58 pm
AstroDin wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:31 pm
Also, my gut take on the mental aspect of this Furman team. Watched the press conference - Harris and Vann are just all business, playing GSU is like playing any other team. I see Furman coming into this game expecting to win.
If any Player ever takes the field and doesn’t EXPECT to win the game, he should just head on back into the locker room. He’s a liability to his Teammates fulfilling their EXPECTATIONS.
Had a big argument with an acquaintance last year before the FU-Clemson game on the subject when I told him our kids expected to win. He actually called them "stupid" for thinking like that and the discussion went straight downhill after that. As I pointed out, he obviously never laced up a pair of sneakers or cleats in his life. I spoke with two of our players yesterday and they are quietly exuding a lot of confidence for today's game. I am too. ( Just not as quietly)
 #16404  by QCGlue
 Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:22 am
QCGlue wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:36 am
QCGlue wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:55 am
I have 2 tickets and a parking pass in the Blue lot for sale. We had someone get sick, and they're unable to go with us.
Parking pass: $10
Section 131, Row 10, Seat 18: $15 (paid $20)
Section 131, Row 8, Seat 17: $15 (paid $20)

Please email me at qcglue@gmail.com, or call or text 864-884-1812. I can email tickets to you.

Parking pass is SOLD!

Tickets are sold!
 #16405  by FUBeAR
 Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:30 am
Jasper wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
AstroDin wrote:
Also, my gut take on the mental aspect of this Furman team. Watched the press conference - Harris and Vann are just all business, playing GSU is like playing any other team. I see Furman coming into this game expecting to win.
If any Player ever takes the field and doesn’t EXPECT to win the game, he should just head on back into the locker room. He’s a liability to his Teammates fulfilling their EXPECTATIONS.
Had a big argument with an acquaintance last year before the FU-Clemson game on the subject when I told him our kids expected to win. He actually called them "stupid" for thinking like that and the discussion went straight downhill after that. As I pointed out, he obviously never laced up a pair of sneakers or cleats in his life. I spoke with two of our players yesterday and they are quietly exuding a lot of confidence for today's game. I am too. ( Just not as quietly)
FUBeAR has found, when engaging in such intercourse, the most reasonable approach is to punch the dissenter square in the face, lean over their prone carcASS, and quietly say, “You didn’t expect that did you? I did. I win. See my point now?”
 #16406  by apaladin
 Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:31 am
I know I will get chastised for saying this but the main concern Saturday is the FU defense. If you take away the sack yardage we gave up over 200 yds rushing to a team that is not supposed to be a running team. They also completed 72% of their passes and let's face it their receivers were open. Our pass defense looked status quo. Yes we only gave up 13 points which is the main point but they had 2 costly TO's that helped with that. I didn't see a whole lot of penetration on the D line on running plays. Saturday night we will be playing a much more talented team and the D will have to play much better and I expect they will, if for no other reason we ill know better than last week what the opposing team wants to do.

BTW= Just heard the Bear on college game day say Georgia State is only a touchdown favorite over Furman, a very good FCS team.
 #16407  by Jasper
 Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:40 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:30 am
Jasper wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
AstroDin wrote:

FUBeAR has found, when engaging in such intercourse, the most reasonable approach is to punch the dissenter square in the face, lean over their prone carcASS, and quietly say, “You didn’t expect that did you? I did. I win. See my point now?”
Sounds like a pretty reasonable and well thought out approach to me. Might be a tad outside the Rules of Debate....but WTF - a win's a win, right?
FUBeAR liked this
 #16409  by DungeonRealm
 Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:02 pm
apaladin wrote:
I know I will get chastised for saying this but the main concern Saturday is the FU defense. If you take away the sack yardage we gave up over 200 yds rushing to a team that is not supposed to be a running team. They also completed 72% of their passes and let's face it their receivers were open. Our pass defense looked status quo. Yes we only gave up 13 points which is the main point but they had 2 costly TO's that helped with that. I didn't see a whole lot of penetration on the D line on running plays. Saturday night we will be playing a much more talented team and the D will have to play much better and I expect they will, if for no other reason we ill know better than last week what the opposing team wants to do.

BTW= Just heard the Bear on college game day say Georgia State is only a touchdown favorite over Furman, a very good FCS team.

Here is the video from College Gameday talking about FU vs. Georgia St.
 #16411  by gofurman
 Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:32 pm
apaladin wrote:

As long as comments are reasonable it's not wrong to look at areas to improve - I loved our OL, esp the run push ! loed Wynn! loved our LBs ! and most of the DL play! we have talent in DBs for sure - i think weems and Trapp are super talented but how will we deploy them. If we are 5 yards off all day I'm not sure how that does against a team like GSU. The other thing as many have said is this is a big test for Grainger in that WOff coaches with GSU talent are going to stack the box and he will have to back them off w completions. More than last week for sure. So yep, pass D n' pass O will be the keys in all likelikhood. now if we can't run or stop their run then hats off to GSU - I think we are strong in those areas and if they beat us there they just beat us

even if we lose - not saying we will at all ! - I hope we can run well and stop their run. That would bode well for SoCon !