• kennesaw state - game 3

#75418  by gofurman
 Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:02 pm
Final OOC game

Played UTC so there is some take away... Chatt won 27-20 at Chatt

UTC won though KSU missed two FGs.. Road game, dangerous !

Mostly I see that KSU :
Only gained about 280 yards. Nice. The split was 180 in the air and 100 on the ground. Interestingly, the run much more - again I like to see that ! - as they ran 35 times and passed 16 times. Like to see it. Side note- in both Tusculum and Chatt , KSU ran twice as much as they threw. I like it.

But the reason I saw "interestingly" is this is not ol' school inefficient option passing. They went 12-16 (very efficient) and gained 180 yards on 12 completions ! That's some big completions mixed in there. So while they run more than they pass .. when they hit a completion vs UTC they really capitalized.

I like to see that Chatt won despite a -2 turnover ratio. That tells me Chatt was probably the truly better team.

Those are positives I see...

Tough that Chatt had to get most of their yards through the air. Couldn't just pound away for 5/6 yards a run. Chatt got 275 of their 400 yards via the air.

So 400 yards for Chatt and 280 for KSU.

But even with Ford, KSU held up vs the run decently -Ford is a very good runner and only got 58 yards on 17 carries. That's a strong effort by KSU. Many SoCon teams will give up much more to Ford I suspect. he runs hard. Overall, UTC ran 30 times for 120 yards - a 4.0 average.

Both teams were incredibly efficient passing the ball as UTC went 23-28 (! wow) for 275 yards. So they were definitely able to move the ball easier through the air. I watched a little prior to our game and one of the UTC catches was a bounce off a DB then caught and run for a TD of 70 yards or so. Still, it appears Chatt went to the air for most of their success.

I like everything I see here (KSU wants to run but struggled) except that we may not be able to run on them easily.
 #75426  by apaladin
 Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:21 am
GF-UTC did lead 27-10:with 10 minutes left before KSU scored the last 10 points. One of their scores was set up by a UTC interception. With that said I suspect it will be a close game. One thing I find surprising with our strong defense is we have yet to record a sack. Technically we have 2 for a total of 2 yards. To me a 1yd. loss does not constitute a sack. Anyway you look at it we are not getting to the QB.
 #75430  by The Jackal
 Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:48 am
apaladin wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:21 am
GF-UTC did lead 27-10:with 10 minutes left before KSU scored the last 10 points. One of their scores was set up by a UTC interception. With that said I suspect it will be a close game. One thing I find surprising with our strong defense is we have yet to record a sack. Technically we have 2 for a total of 2 yards. To me a 1yd. loss does not constitute a sack. Anyway you look at it we are not getting to the QB.

You can't say something doesn't exist when it actually exists and you just don't like the definition.

You engage in a lot of mental gymnastics on here, but that's a new one.
din23, 'Din Djarin liked this
 #75434  by FUwolfpacker
 Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:50 am
Furman played a team doing everything they could to get the ball out as fast as they could (TTU) and even if it was a bad OL it was still and SEC OL (USC), so chances for sacks were going to be limited anyways? They were getting pressure on the TTU guy when he held it for more than a second or two. They lost contain in doing so a couple of times which resulted in a couple of first down runs. Something to watch I suppose. We did sack Hiers like 5 times last year and they get the ball out quick so who knows?

With that said, there is already a Kennesaw State thread already started so maybe let's keep things over there to reduce redundant threads? (just a thought :) )
Bootie liked this
 #75450  by FUBeAR
 Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:31 am
FUwolfpacker wrote:
With that said, there is already a Kennesaw State thread already started so maybe let's keep things over there to reduce redundant threads? (just a thought :) )
Exactly - we’ve had a KSU thread since 7/1. It has over 30 posts in it. Hard to miss.

Is Stumpy paying people to start new threads? Is there some sort of psychological rush when one starts a new thread? Just seems there is some kind of rush to start redundant and/or non-issue (just goofy or ‘hype’ stuff).

FUBeAR used to feel like he was opening the latest edition of an online version of “The New Yorker” when he logged into TheUFFP. Now it feels like “Teen Beat.”

Just FUBeAR’s 2 cents … which is only worth like .17 cents now.
 #75453  by FU Hoopla
 Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:33 am
FUBeAR wrote:
FUwolfpacker wrote:
Exactly - we’ve had a KSU thread since 7/1. It has over 30 posts in it. Hard to miss.

Is Stumpy paying people to start new threads? Is there some sort of psychological rush when one starts a new thread? Just seems there is some kind of rush to start redundant and/or non-issue (just goofy or ‘hype’ stuff).

FUBeAR used to feel like he was opening the latest edition of an online version of “The New Yorker” when he logged into TheUFFP. Now it feels like “Teen Beat.”

I agree, the amount of football threads lately has gotten out of control 😂😂🤣🤣
 #75456  by FUwolfpacker
 Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:49 am
FUBeAR wrote:

I never really know if FUbear is truly agreeing with someone or mocking them...which is probably the sweet spot of where he wants to be anyways :lol:

Honestly, I don't care that much about the new threads, but selfishly I like everything in one place in regards to opponent threads 🤷‍♂️
FUBeAR liked this
 #75496  by gofurman
 Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:24 pm
Great question ! I am skeered !

But let’s go with the other KSU thread

TO be honest if we want a high seed we have to win this. We can be in playoffs with a loss but not as a top seed
 #75502  by Affirm
 Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:44 pm
gofurman wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:24 pm
Great question ! I am skeered !

But let’s go with the other KSU thread

TO be honest if we want a high seed we have to win this. We can be in playoffs with a loss but not as a top seed
You are so right. Relatively speaking, the USC game was unimportant compared to each one of the remaining games this season. We have to win from here on out. We did not have to win against USC.