• Efforts to Schedule Another Home Game in 2019

#7526  by paladinduece
 Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:41 pm
I would think whether they acknowledge it or not the overall record has to play apart when you get down to splitting hairs like most years. Must have been a grand ol kegger during the selection meeting for 2018 because there are several I still cant begin to explain.
 #7530  by gofurman
 Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:11 pm
paladinduece wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:41 pm
I would think whether they acknowledge it or not the overall record has to play apart when you get down to splitting hairs like most years. Must have been a grand ol kegger during the selection meeting for 2018 because there are several I still cant begin to explain.
This. . All you have to do is look at who they ACTUALLY SELECTED. That's all that matters to prove what they want. What do they want? Easy wins.

To wit, You could EASILY argue our own 2018 6-4 record was better than our own 2017 7-4 record !
Better record at 7-4 and we got in... But who was our best WIN? Who did we beat ? In 2017 it was Colgate. About 30th ranked. This year it was Wofford. Ranked FOURTH at the time. And probably about 12th by year end. So 2018 was much better. Worst loss ? 2017'we lost to FBS NC State, Elon, Woff, Samford. Same this year we lost to FBS Clemson, Elon, Samford and SoCon champ ETSU. you can make a case we had a better - but abbreviated - resume this year

Which team gets in??? The one that says 7-4. They want superficial wins ? Give em superficial wins. Dumb mothergagshjs committee
FUpaladin08, fufanatic liked this